Lets Talk Metal
Jun 28, 2013 at 9:11 AM Post #10,306 of 29,657
That has to be around 500€ Magnum opus style.

Honestly if my SYL box comes and is nicely pressed and such I'll throw my money at them for this. Gotta have it.

Those guys are nuts.

They've been talking about something with Moonsorrow for awhile but i figured early albums or something. Didn't expect this.

Jun 28, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #10,307 of 29,657
An underground classic

Jun 28, 2013 at 1:43 PM Post #10,310 of 29,657
Jun 28, 2013 at 1:44 PM Post #10,311 of 29,657
Quote:
Hey modulor! I've seen you in the HE-500 and MD threads, good to see you here. Great share, as well, thanks for showing them to us.

Good to be home haha...the Aura EP is phenomenal, I urge those that can find the 12" to pick it up!  Hopefully I'll be able to track down and share some more stuff, I have some good sources - let's just say a friend of mine may or may not be the ABME (for those of you who may know that acronym and are into hilarious antics 
tongue.gif
)

Jun 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #10,313 of 29,657
Quote:
Such a great first album for a band. It will be interesting to see where they go from here? So cool and intricate musicianship and recording. It will be hard to beat this release.

Exactly.

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #10,314 of 29,657
So I listened through a Faceless album today (Autotheism) after talking about it earlier, and wow it was good. Except for the lyrics I think it was pretty much perfect. Definitely listening to the rest of their stuff soon.

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:44 PM Post #10,315 of 29,657
The new Lesbian album (track :p) is super awesome! Like almost everything this wonderful band is doing.
Black Stygian from their Stratospheria Cubensis album is one of my all time top 5 songs :)

http://lesbian.bandcamp.com/track/black-stygian

Jun 28, 2013 at 6:59 PM Post #10,316 of 29,657
Quote:
So I listened through a Faceless album today (Autotheism) after talking about it earlier, and wow it was good. Except for the lyrics I think it was pretty much perfect. Definitely listening to the rest of their stuff soon.

Beware there is a drastic difference between Autotheism and rest of their albums.

Jun 28, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #10,317 of 29,657
I'm 43, so I witnessed the birth of extreme metal.

Listened tonight to Repulsion and Terrorizer and they bring back such good memories of a golden period (IMHO)...pre-internet days of tape trading, fanzines and independent distros. The DIY ethos was so difficult (financially) in those days, and it was difficult(ish) to hear new good stuff (until your tape list was desirable enough).

I saw some great death metal bands in the late 80s/early 90s but, being in the UK was perhaps just a step behind the true roots.

Just wondering if anyone on here saw any of the "godfathers" live? Anyone see the early days of Repulsion, Terrorizer, Slaughter ("Strappado", not the hair metallers), Hellhammer, Mantas etc etc?

Jun 28, 2013 at 9:28 PM Post #10,318 of 29,657
Quote:
Beware there is a drastic difference between Autotheism and rest of their albums.

Good thing I started with that one, then. I'm not usually a fan of tech/brutal death.

Jun 28, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #10,319 of 29,657

So I got my DIY 2x15 bass cab/PA set up in my room next to my 15" tower speakers. Got a serious power amp for the cab as well. A lot of wiring to get them playing simultaneously but holy hell it was worth it. Just had the time of my life for like 10 minutes, quite clear for how loud it was and my room was shaking like satan himself was trying to make his way in to headbang with me.  

So I remember you guys talking about Swans as being an incredible display of the power of bass, I think my rig is up to it now, so what album/song should I try first?
Edit: Also Lesbians Black Stygian is really great. Half way through right now haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back