Lets Talk Metal
Jun 20, 2013 at 9:07 AM Post #10,187 of 29,682

Jun 20, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #10,189 of 29,682
I guess I'll be the one to post it... :p

New Gorguts song.

Jun 20, 2013 at 5:26 PM Post #10,190 of 29,682
Jun 20, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #10,192 of 29,682
Quote:

I love Crimson, it´s one of my favorite albums ever. I have it on vinyl and it sounds great. Do you know anything similar to this with good sound?

I have the vinyl of Above the Weeping World and it sounds pretty good, don´t know about One for Sorrow though. With Oden on our Side I just ordered on vinyl and am really excited to hear it!

Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Definitely check out Barren Earth's The Devil's Resolve on vinyl. As with pretty much all genres of metal, if you want dynamics, vinyl is where its at. MDM really got moving around the mid '90s, and that's right at the same time that CD sound quality took a giant nosedive. The last two Omnium Gatherum albums were produced by Dan Swano and both sound very good for CDs.

Speaking of which, if you want to hear a song that could've been on Crimson or Crimson II:

Jun 20, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #10,194 of 29,682
Hey Trogdor, since you gave me crap for my favorite song off the new The Dillinger Escape Plan cd not being mathcore, i found myself a new favorite track! :p

HAHAHAHA. You know I consider you a friend so I never give you too much slack! :)

I will check this record out for sure (I may just pick it up on my next spree). Wow, much different than the Calculating Infinity days right?

Jun 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM Post #10,195 of 29,682
Quote:
HAHAHAHA. You know I consider you a friend so I never give you too much slack! :)

I will check this record out for sure (I may just pick it up on my next spree). Wow, much different than the Calculating Infinity days right?

i love how their sound has changed over every album into what they are now.  i still love Infinity the most, but in fairness it's harder to listen to as i get older as well LOL

Jun 21, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #10,198 of 29,682
The new Blood Ceremony album is really good. It feels folkier than the last two, and the vocals are a little better, though I think they could still see a lot of improvement. Almost sounds like a combination of Black Sabbath and Jethro Tull.

I also head Deafheaven's album today, which was very good as well. I liked all of the underlying melodies that you have really have to pay attention to to hear.

Jun 21, 2013 at 5:06 PM Post #10,199 of 29,682
Jun 21, 2013 at 7:19 PM Post #10,200 of 29,682

Lol I know you were giving me a hard time dude, it's a good cd though. As I've said before, they've never done anything for me in the past, but this one I'm loving quite a bit.

And also, I've listened to the new Amon Amarth cd a few time now as well, and I agree with angry metal guy that it's the best one since With Oden on Our Side

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back