Lets Talk Metal
May 2, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #9,556 of 29,658
Not really sure haha. The pianist had picked that for that song before i came around. I just kinda realized its quite weird. I've heard the song so many times though that is just sounds right to me. Thats the only song that uses that sound though. Most just use straight piano.

Well keep us posted and PLEASE don't break my heart. DR8 minimum!

May 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #9,558 of 29,658
Quote:
Also we went back to the studio to finish the recording. Got everything but the vocals which will be done next week. 
Here is a version straight from the studio that is very raw and was only meant for the vocalist to practice to.  Though i think it sounds pretty good other than the obvious issues which we be fixed when mixing.
https://soundcloud.com/john-calligan/bury-me-alive-attrition-raw
Edit: yes we are a Southern California band and would not have an audience without breakdowns. Though out of all the bands around here i want to say we are the least core. Especially when the vocals come in, vocalist listens to a lot of black metal and is pretty good at what he does. Ill just have to show you guys in a week or two when the song should be complete.
2nd Edit: it was a long way coming but it seems that this is my 900th post. 

Good job getting the bass to work.

May 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #9,560 of 29,658
Ohhh yes... And I was thinking this reminds me of someone.. An extension of Meshuggah...

Is Tro talking about the new Meshuggah two song EP or the new video's or is there more new Meshuggah I don't know about?

May 3, 2013 at 5:00 AM Post #9,561 of 29,658
Quote:
Is Tro talking about the new Meshuggah two song EP or the new video's or is there more new Meshuggah I don't know about?

He was talking about Aegaeon

May 3, 2013 at 6:08 AM Post #9,562 of 29,658
May 3, 2013 at 8:25 AM Post #9,565 of 29,658
R.I.P. Jeff. SLAYER!

I just can't believe it...I don't quite understand how this even happened? I know he had health issues, but I didn't think they were life threatening.

May 3, 2013 at 10:39 AM Post #9,566 of 29,658
I just can't believe it...I don't quite understand how this even happened?

Liver failure has taken out many people,now 49 year old Hanneman is amongst them.

Time to watch the 'River's Edge' (1986) movie and then blast the first five records.

"Crispin Glover, that scene where he's eating pills while driving around in a crappy VW/dune buggy thing, blasting Slayer's "Die By The Sword", then he nods out on the side of the road...basically the 1980's in a nutshell".

May 3, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #9,570 of 29,658
Just got through the first spin on the All That Remains RSD LP. Forgot how good this album really is (Core or otherwise).

That opening track is beautiful, and of course...Six.

Also, it's supposedly still the same master but this vinyl gets quite a bit higher on my volume knob than a lot of stuff I own. Was the CD this quiet. too?

EDIT: Funny, The first song on both sides are my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back