Lets Talk Metal
Apr 16, 2013 at 2:30 PM Post #9,331 of 29,653
Doesn't surprise me, considering how small the run is. Either way, I want it. It'll be reasonably priced, and that exclusivity will always get me.

It's been a favorite of mine for a LONG time.

Quote:
Yeah there's a few that I am super stoked for, Between the Buried and Me's box at close to the top. I also want the katatonia 7". As for the all that remains LP, i think it's probably the best metal core cd ever, but I asked Phil about it a few weeks back, and they didnt do a new master for the LP :/

Apr 16, 2013 at 2:40 PM Post #9,333 of 29,653
That's all the METAL stuff, but I have a whole list of other stuff I want to get like the Flaming Lips, Sly & The Family Stone, and the Blind Melon reissue.

Quote:
yeah, if my store has it, i was going to be getting it as well. I think i may also grab the Dio/Killswitch Engage split :D there were a few others as well i believe too that i was interested it getting.

Apr 16, 2013 at 5:50 PM Post #9,334 of 29,653
Has anyone heard the new Altar of Plagues album yet? It doesn't come out for another 2 weeks but I've seen a few (positive!) reviews for it already.

Apr 16, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #9,336 of 29,653
In many ways I think they are better at home with the sound of the first record. This second record is over produced and a stretch at times. It reminds me of when Black Sabbath did Technical Ecstasy, bombastic and over the top, loosing a little of the charm they had.

In time though this new one may get better with a couple spins. They could be a one trick pony though. The novelty of how they figured out Blue Oyster Cult was cool on the first record.

Yea I just gave it a spin. My initial impression is that its a lot better than the first record in my opinion.

It's much more varied and the tracks themselves have some very cool hooks.

But there are two things that are really bothering me....I will review this for sure...

Apr 16, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #9,337 of 29,653
Quote:
I am eagerly waiting it. I have seen very mixed reviews.

Same here! Mammal is one of my top BM albums.

At the risk of getting flamed big time, the new Amaranthe is pretty good and ridiculously catchy. Steer clear if you don't like pop.

Apr 17, 2013 at 7:51 AM Post #9,340 of 29,653
UniVers is still my favorite from Voyager. The newer material was good live but there's something about that album from start to finish.

For Amaranthe, I like the singers. The two clean vocalists, Jake and Elize I think, have toured with Kamelot as backup singers. But this is another where I feel the song writing is boring. I won't skip them on pandora but I'd never listen to a complete album.

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:13 AM Post #9,341 of 29,653

This comes out June 11th in North America.

13 tracklist:

01. End Of The Beginning (8:07)
02. God Is Dead? (8:54)
03. Loner (5:06)
04. Zeitgeist (4:28)
05. Age Of Reason (7:02)
06. Live Forever (4:49)
07. Damaged Soul (7:43)
08. Dear Father (7:06)

Almost an hour long too!

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #9,342 of 29,653

Geoff Tate's Queensrÿche

This comes out in a couple days. He also named the record F.U.   lol

This one I refuse to listen to. You know it will be bad.

One new song from Dark Tranquillity's album due out end of May! This is going to be good!

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:40 AM Post #9,343 of 29,653
Quote:
Same here! Mammal is one of my top BM albums.

At the risk of getting flamed big time, the new Amaranthe is pretty good and ridiculously catchy. Steer clear if you don't like pop.

I'm a big fan of Alar of Plagues as well.....that type of BM is probably my favorite...will be curious what listers think of the new AOP.

Apr 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM Post #9,344 of 29,653
You can now get the SYL boxes from Blood-music. I just purchased the splattered edition which I wanted the most, even though I didn't intend to buy it at all. It just happened. So it goes. bb moneys
blink.gif
!

Apr 17, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #9,345 of 29,653
You can now get the SYL boxes from Blood-music. I just purchased the splattered edition which I wanted the most, even though I didn't intend to buy it at all. It just happened. So it goes. bb moneys
blink.gif

!

I also invested in the Splatter Edition. Which is the one I wanted as well. Hype. Now the wait begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back