Lets Talk Metal
Mar 19, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #8,881 of 29,653
Quote:
I'm shooting a promo video for Hate Meditation in the first week of April. It's a new project by Blake Judd (Nachtmystium, Twilight, Krieg) and Wrest (Leviathan, Twilight, Lurker of Chalice) among others. It's pretty great stuff, definitely check it out if you're a Nachtmystium fan. 

EDIT: I wrote first week of March instead of April. I am not a time traveller. Yet.

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Nachtmystium/Assassins%3A_Black_Meddle_Pt._I/188393

Assassins Black Meddle Part 1 still my all time favorite of theirs!

No one has ever mixed Pink Floyd and Black Metal together. No one could even try but them!

Mar 19, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #8,882 of 29,653
I'll listen to anything Wrest is involved with, awesome.

New Altar of Plagues video. Sounds much more Grindcore-influenced than previous albums, could do without the electronica crap as well, otherwise, I'm pretty excited for the album, even though it's supposed to be around 20 minutes long.

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #8,883 of 29,653

Just bringing this back. I was absolutely impressed by this release. Even though Between The Buried And Me captured the title for Progressiveness last year. I think this was a was a  very solid release.

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #8,884 of 29,653
Picked up Anathema's Weather Systems last night and begrudgingly put back Sunn O)))'s Monoliths & Dimensions.

I'll be calling tomorrow and putting a copy on hold for Friday (payday). So excited. Another amazing looking Southern Lord release. I be it sounds just as good.

4 sides, 4 songs. Aww yeah.

EDIT: WOW. Weather Systems is good. Just dropped side 3.

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #8,885 of 29,653
Quote:

Just bringing this back. I was absolutely impressed by this release. Even though Between The Buried And Me captured the title for Progressiveness last year. I think this was a was a  very solid release.

I agree as it was a favorite. Many long-time fans didn't like it that much, but I did.

Mar 20, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #8,886 of 29,653

So when I'm not listening to Metal, I'm listening to Goa Trance. I love this song even though it's not even close to Metal.

Mar 20, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #8,888 of 29,653
Quote:

I agree as it was a favorite. Many long-time fans didn't like it that much, but I did.

This is the only Faceless album I listen to, I'm not phased by the others, not interesting to me, but this one is just fantastic,

Mar 20, 2013 at 5:21 AM Post #8,889 of 29,653
Mar 20, 2013 at 10:58 AM Post #8,891 of 29,653
81aoUQGxhOL._SL1000_.jpg

I know this is from 2012, but I finally got around to it. I'm new to the streaming bandwagon as I'm putting together a decent dedicated speaker and HP system.

I just listened to Kreator's Phantom Antichrist on Rhapsody and I'm going through some of their back catalog. For whatever reason, I never listened to these guys even though I've always liked thrash.

I think they're pretty solid! Should have checked them out years ago. This probably isn't their best album, but I find it super enjoyable as compared to any of the big 4 stuff/crap. I think their older stuff holds up pretty well compared to many of the older thrash bands. Just MO. 

81Y72BNs78L._SL1400_.jpg

Swans-My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky.

Yes, this is non metal. It is, however, awesome.

The Swans, being oft cited by Neurosis as an influence have long been on my radar, but like Kreator (talk about mix mashing styles!) have always been low on my priorities. After the glowing review of The Seer from 2012, I finally decided to listen to them. The Seer is phenomenal IMO. Going through their back catalog....one of those bands I've always read about, but never investigated.

Man! I don't know what it is, but I'm digging Swans!! If you like Post metal and drone at all,  and haven't, you should check them out.

Wierd-experimental-noise like rock.

They are an acquired taste-but I would say there are definitely heavy moments-and I find their music trance inducting and EXTREMELY compelling.

Which lead me to another influencial band that I'm new to.....

I keep reading they are not metal or punk, you could have fooled me.

I think this is a killer, raw release.....

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:04 AM Post #8,892 of 29,653
Quote:

Man! I don't know what it is, but I'm digging Swans!! If you like Post metal and drone at all, you should check them out.

Wierd-experimental-noise like rock.

Check out Swans during their Jarboe era: "White Light From the Mouth of Infinity", "The Great Annihilator" and "Soundtracks for the Blind". While you're at it, check out Jarboe and Neurosis' collab album. The first track, "Within", is mind bending. 

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #8,893 of 29,653
Check out Swans during their Jarboe era: "White Light From the Mouth of Infinity", "The Great Annihilator" and "Soundtracks for the Blind". While you're at it, check out Jarboe and Neurosis' collab album. The first track, "Within", is mind bending.

Hey, thanks for the recommendations....I will.

Is it just me? I find that a lot of ambient and even electronic music crosses over for me pretty well?

I guess I need to thank Neurosis, Isis and CUL for that gift....

Mar 20, 2013 at 11:33 AM Post #8,894 of 29,653
Quote:

Hey, thanks for the recommendations....I will.

Is it just me? I find that a lot of ambient and even electronic music crosses over for me pretty well?

I guess I need to thank Neurosis, Isis and CUL for that gift....

I share a similar gift. It's the greatest gift in my life.

Mar 20, 2013 at 1:39 PM Post #8,895 of 29,653
Soundtracks... And My Father... along with The Seer are the 3 best Swans albums, IMO. Excellent music. Actually gonna drop my Seer LP Thursday when my speakers finally come in. Hype.

Also, I'll say again that I really enjoyed that Kreator album and I usually hate Trash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back