Lets Talk Metal
Mar 16, 2013 at 4:00 PM Post #8,867 of 29,660
I really want a Decware ZP3, but I really want to make this archival project happen, too...And with the Sim stage I can run SE to the Harbeths and Balanced to the Hilo/Recording rig.

It'll also give less colored sound at the source than the Decware and a totally SS recording chain for a lower noise floor. 

Just makes sense. Plus it means I can monitor with my Harbeths which will be oh so sweet.
Quote:

Sim's phono pres are excellent, definitely a good choice. Even the 110LP is very good.

Mar 16, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #8,868 of 29,660
I know them. And they are Nazis. Yes Nazis.

Despite the fact that I love their music (I know of Noontide for quite sometime), I refuse to promote them.
Edited by Trogdor - Yesterday at 5:31 pm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not down with that, then. I refuse to listen to anything that is overtly fascist or racist....just where I draw a line.

Now good old fashion Satanism doesn't scare me....it's all mythology in my book.

But, I can't be down with hate.

Mar 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #8,869 of 29,660
Quote:
<a data-cke-saved-href="http://auroraborealisrecordings.bandcamp.com/track/never-want-to-feel-that-way-again" href="http://auroraborealisrecordings.bandcamp.com/track/never-want-to-feel-that-way-again">Never Want To Feel That Way Again by SEIROM</a>  
Guys check this out. Dutch artist called Mories, from Gnaw Their Tongues-fame, made a wonderfully fuzzed out, blissed out, shimmering and sparkling album full of My Bloody Valentine worship. Makes me think there is hope for The Netherlands after all. 

EDIT: Hmm I can't embed a Bandcamp player. Just click the link above and grab your teddybear. 

That was quite good and not what I was expecting, my mouse will probably hang over the buy button for a while.  Is the rest of the album that good? Only one song streaming.

Mar 17, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #8,870 of 29,660
Quote:
That was quite good and not what I was expecting, my mouse will probably hang over the buy button for a while.  Is the rest of the album that good? Only one song streaming.

The rest of the album is definitely as good! It's a double album. One part blissed out soundscape, the other part less ambient and more structured. 

Mar 17, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #8,872 of 29,660
This is a very interesting record in terms of production, I really love the warm, bassy guitar sound:

http://grooveshark.com/#!/s/Pandemic/35pGD3

I don't really get the dislike of many people towards Andy Sneap when hearing this..

Mar 17, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #8,873 of 29,660
Quote:
Unfortunately it wasn't as good as it could be...New (worse) cartridge than before and still no upgraded phono stage. 

Wait til next year and it'll be really good. 

EDIT: Also, what do you guys think about me starting an Audiophile dork LP archival project? Metal is one of the genres I think would benefit significantly from this project. 

I'd be recording 24/96 WAV (and converting to AIFF for proper tagging). 

How many spare HDDs do you have? (24bits * 96k samples * 2 channels * 60 second * 45 (lets just use 45 for a arbitrary record length) minutes) / (8,000,000,000 bits /gigabyte) which is about 1.6 gigs per album. If you can do it, I'd say for it.

Mar 17, 2013 at 7:00 PM Post #8,874 of 29,660
Part of the plan a 4tb (or so) RAID array. The new iMac (also in the plan) will have a 1tb to start me off. It'll take awhile to fill up even at 2gb an album. 

Quote:

How many spare HDDs do you have? (24bits * 96k samples * 2 channels * 60 second * 45 (lets just use 45 for a arbitrary record length) minutes) / (8,000,000,000 bits /gigabyte) which is about 1.6 gigs per album. If you can do it, I'd say for it.

Mar 18, 2013 at 12:45 PM Post #8,875 of 29,660
I know them. And they are Nazis. Yes Nazis.

Despite the fact that I love their music (I know of Noontide for quite sometime), I refuse to promote them.
Edited by Trogdor - Yesterday at 5:31 pm
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not down with that, then. I refuse to listen to anything that is overtly fascist or racist....just where I draw a line.

Now good old fashion Satanism doesn't scare me....it's all mythology in my book.

But, I can't be down with hate.

Sucks. It really does.

Mar 19, 2013 at 5:26 AM Post #8,876 of 29,660

[size=24.44444465637207px]Æther Realm- One Chosen By Gods(2013)[/size]

Melodic Death/Folk Metal

Bandcamp link

Wolfchant - Embraced By Fire (Melodic Folk/Pagan/Death Metal)

Eternal Tears of Sorrow - Saivon Lapsi ( Symphonic Death Metal)

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:01 AM Post #8,878 of 29,660
Quote:

Worst album cover I've seen in a LONG while. :D 

It almost has Attila beat as when Billy Joel was Heavy Metal.
tongue.gif

Mar 19, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #8,879 of 29,660
I'm shooting a promo video for Hate Meditation in the first week of April. It's a new project by Blake Judd (Nachtmystium, Twilight, Krieg) and Wrest (Leviathan, Twilight, Lurker of Chalice) among others. It's pretty great stuff, definitely check it out if you're a Nachtmystium fan. 

EDIT: I wrote first week of March instead of April. I am not a time traveller. Yet.

Mar 19, 2013 at 9:51 AM Post #8,880 of 29,660
Quote:
I'm shooting a promo video for Hate Meditation in the first week of March. It's a new project by Blake Judd (Nachtmystium, Twilight, Krieg) and Wrest (Leviathan, Twilight, Lurker of Chalice) among others. It's pretty great stuff, definitely check it out if you're a Nachtmystium fan. 

Great been waiting to hear this, I really dig Nachtmystium.

New album by Kvelertak is streaming too if anyone's interested, it's real good "fun" hardcore with some black metal in there. I'm listening to it at the moment and enjoying it, definitely going to get it but not sure yet if it is better than their first album which I loved and still listen to it a lot.

Stream: http://thequietus.com/articles/11673-kvelertak-meir-album-stream

Users who are viewing this thread

Back