Lets Talk Metal
Mar 3, 2013 at 8:12 PM Post #8,746 of 29,662
Quote:
I know this isn't metal, but I've got to post it over here anyway. It's some great power pop by the band Redd Kross. It never hurts to listen to something a little different, and even metal fans should appreciate that these guys are paying homage to KISS. Just a little break from your regularly scheduled programming... No harm done...

Oh thank the heavens that people like you exist!  Us mud people would have never drifted away from our recordings of people banging rocks together and grunting!  Glorious days, it's as though we've leaped millenniums with this post!  Gone are our dirt dragging worm like bodies, replaced by technicolor wings that shall propel us into the sky to hear the songs of the angels!   Forever the children shall sing the praises of StratocasterMan!

You know, I might be more polite about this whole thing if it were the first time that you've come into this thread acting as though your teaching the blind to see.  Also, I don't see how posting a band that's never been good, and only seems to be a trend rider, is something worth doing.  If you're going to post some power pop at least make it good.

Mar 3, 2013 at 8:21 PM Post #8,747 of 29,662
Quote:

The album" What" that came out a year or two was great too!

Didn't even know they were still putting out albums.  It's always been a shame in my eyes that there weren't more bands in this vein that were good (KMFDM, Ministry, Nailbomb, Nine Inch Nails).  Once Marilyn Manson, Orgy and Ramstein got big I knew that the chance for a good hybrid of metal and electronic music was gone.  

Any bands along those lines from the early to mid 90's that you were a fan of that you can recommend?

Mar 3, 2013 at 9:09 PM Post #8,748 of 29,662

The Fall Of Every Season - Amends

Progressive/Melodic Doom .. I like... 
size]

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:34 AM Post #8,749 of 29,662
Quote:

Didn't even know they were still putting out albums.  It's always been a shame in my eyes that there weren't more bands in this vein that were good (KMFDM, Ministry, Nailbomb, Nine Inch Nails).  Once Marilyn Manson, Orgy and Ramstein got big I knew that the chance for a good hybrid of metal and electronic music was gone.  

Any bands along those lines from the early to mid 90's that you were a fan of that you can recommend?

Well, you know just as good as me. It's like having a segment in your musical life where there is still room for industrial. I guess it helps if you were an old fart and remember the music and bands from the mid-80s to mid-90s. I still really love Front 242. Skinny Puppy......other than that I'm at a loss. KMFDM still sound fresh and current to my ears. To tell you the truth I don't search out industrial metal. I just have the few bands I like and leave it at that. I'm not even sure how many new bands even attempt to play the style anymore other than Sybreed or Deathstars.

Mar 4, 2013 at 3:28 PM Post #8,751 of 29,662
My ******* Riverside LPs aren't here yet. Stupid Germans won't give me my money back either. Tracking info has them in Dallas (only 3 hours away) since the 16th of Feb. 

Something is obviously wrong. 

Mar 4, 2013 at 4:04 PM Post #8,752 of 29,662
Quote:
Best thing about KMFDM? Lucia! 

I even got a kiss! 
size]

Never noticed what she looked like before?

THX Negakinu

Mar 4, 2013 at 6:56 PM Post #8,753 of 29,662
Quote:
My ******* Riverside LPs aren't here yet. Stupid Germans won't give me my money back either. Tracking info has them in Dallas (only 3 hours away) since the 16th of Feb. 

Something is obviously wrong. 

Where did you get them?

Mar 4, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #8,756 of 29,662

Never saw this being mentioned. Not bad actually.. 

Aegaeon - Being 

Mar 5, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #8,757 of 29,662
Quote:
Century (Germany)

AFAIK the only place to get the LE color...which I ordered.

EDIT: Super pissed it's not here. I've been waiting to listen to this album until I got the LPs.

I feel for you brother
frown.gif

Mar 5, 2013 at 9:42 AM Post #8,758 of 29,662
Randy Blythe found not guilty today. http://www.metalstorm.net/events/news_comments.php?news_id=19348

Users who are viewing this thread

Back