Lets Talk Metal
Feb 19, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #8,641 of 29,661
Quote:
Whatcha playin' your records on?

Right now, nothing. My current turntable (B&O form the 80's) started acting up, and I'm afraid it will damage a record if I keep using it. I'm looking at the Music Hall MMF-2.2.

Feb 19, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #8,642 of 29,661
Quote:
After listening all the way through Royal Thunder's CVI today I can say I enjoyed it. More proggy than anything, but it's nice. Think the wife will enjoy this one more than the rest of my Metal.

My thoughts exactly, but the answer was no. Still gotta try from time to time. If you ask my wife what metal she will tolerate, she may say, " That Ozzy song, Mamma I'm coming home isnt' too bad".

Doh! "Something you heard on the radio 15 years ago doesn't count"!!!!

Feb 19, 2013 at 6:54 PM Post #8,643 of 29,661
See mine does this thing where she tells people she likes everything, listens to 5 minutes of a Black Metal songs and complains at me to change the song/genre. 

Just tell me you don't like it, christ.

Quote:
My thoughts exactly, but the answer was no. Still gotta try from time to time. If you ask my wife what metal she will tolerate, she may say, " That Ozzy song, Mamma I'm coming home isnt' too bad".

Doh! "Something you heard on the radio 15 years ago doesn't count"!!!!

No experience with the 2.2, but I'm sure it's a nice option in the price range. Shame to hear about your older B&O.

Quote:

Right now, nothing. My current turntable (B&O form the 80's) started acting up, and I'm afraid it will damage a record if I keep using it. I'm looking at the Music Hall MMF-2.2.

Feb 19, 2013 at 7:22 PM Post #8,644 of 29,661
Quote:
See mine does this thing where she tells people she likes everything, listens to 5 minutes of a Black Metal songs and complains at me to change the song/genre. 

Just tell me you don't like it, Christ.

No experience with the 2.2, but I'm sure it's a nice option in the price range. Shame to hear about your older B&O.

Hey, at least you get lip service. I  remember playing some Blut AIs Nord and her coming in and telling me there must be something seriously wrong with me if I call that music. "That's not music, that's something from the movie Man Hunter or Silence of the Lambs that the psycho has playing while he tortures some innocent girl". Thanks honey. Belive me I have no interest in snuff films. I just like wierd music.

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #8,646 of 29,661
Quote:

Listening to this album for the first time in a while. I'd like to get it on vinyl, I can't seem to get much metal on vinyl.

Discogs, Ebay, Metal Labels websites, and when smaller bands go on tour, they will often have a chunk of their catalog for sale, sometimes even on vinyl!  You can also search out metal record stores, they're not everywhere but they exist, google will help with that one.  Chaos in Texas is happening in May, I'm not sure how close you are to that, but with large festivals there are often distros set up selling cds, vinyl, shirts, patches and plenty of random crap, kind of like a flea market.  Or come up to Maryland Death Fest in may, there are tons of tables set up at that, you can blow through a few hundred pretty quickly.

Feb 19, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #8,647 of 29,661
Fixed.

Quote:

Discogs, Ebay, Metal Labels websites, and when smaller bands go on tour, they will often have a chunk of their catalog for sale, sometimes even on vinyl!  You can also search out metal record stores, they're not everywhere but they exist, google will help with that one.  Chaos in Texas is happening in May, I'm not sure how close you are to that, but with large festivals there are often distros set up selling cds, vinyl, shirts, patches and plenty of random crap, kind of like a flea market.  Or come up to Maryland Death Fest in may, there are tons of tables set up at that, you can blow through a few hundred thousand pretty quickly.

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:42 PM Post #8,651 of 29,661
Quote:

So i'm looking for a metal song I've  heard before that's based off of this movement of Beethovens 1st piano sonata. I only remember that it was foreign and some time pre-2000s.
Hopefully someone recognizes it based on the above because it was extremely badass and  my attempts to write a different metal piece based on this were very ****ty.
By the way does anyone else write metal casually(or skillfully) in guitar pro?

Most likely you looking for "The Great Kat".

I used to listen to her VHS videos when most here were sucking on their Moma's ****.
tongue.gif

Feb 19, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #8,652 of 29,661
Oh...?...............................and by the way..........................................

Favorite of the year.
very_evil_smiley.gif

It's here.

Feb 20, 2013 at 1:33 AM Post #8,655 of 29,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackskelly /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Listening to this album for the first time in a while. I'd like to get it on vinyl, I can't seem to get much metal on vinyl.

Check Amazon, too. They often have great prices, especially from the third party sellers.

Quote:
Dead End Kings is the best CD Katatonia has released in a long time. Not that Great Cold Distance and Night is the New Day are bad, its just on a different level i think.

Night is the New Day can get kind of dull at times, but I enjoy the laid-back sound when I'm in the right mood. I love Brave Murder Day equally but it really doesn't compare to the others at all. Mikael did a fantastic job there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back