Lets Talk Metal
Feb 6, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #8,446 of 29,654
Quote:
I still like this album as well. My Sweet Shadow being the highlight. God that song is fantastic.

One of the songs responsible for getting my into Metal. Her Ghost in the Fog is great. 

Whoracle is my favorite Inflames album too. This happens to be my favorite track:

Feb 6, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #8,448 of 29,654
LOL Whoracle is my favorite In Flames as well.  I was there (Gothenberg) a few years ago for work, there was a fantastic concert with In Flames and a bunch of other fantastic bands but i didn't have the time, still kicking myself for missing that
but my absolute Gothenberg sound go to is without question At The Gates, i've liked everything they've ever put out.  I would go as far as to say Slaughter of the Soul is a metal masterpiece

on a note sure to make me unpopular, anyone heard the new Otep album?  i've always been a fan of Otep's songwriting (beyond the occasional teen angst crap of course).  it's far less "metal" and a lot more of her whispering weird poetry stuff, but i'm getting into it for sure, some good drone-ish stuff.

and lastly, yet another shout out to metal-fi, picked up the Helcaraxe album and although i've only gotten halfway through it's a fun album, solid melodeath with an awesome lyrical theme.  thanks guys

Feb 6, 2013 at 3:53 PM Post #8,449 of 29,654
This new melodic-black metal album is worth checking out. I think I could get into this.

http://amiensus.bandcamp.com/album/restoration

Amiensus

Feb 6, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #8,450 of 29,654
Time to steal Negakinu's satanic thunder again.

My favorite song off of CA's new album! I'm stoked that they chose this song. It's really cool how the directing of this video is almost EXACTLY how I pictured it in my head, though that may be because the narrative lyrics make the journey crystal clear.

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #8,453 of 29,654
Took your advice and bought Damage Done on vinyl tonight. It's a Back On Black LP, but it's only slightly more than the CD so who cares?

Also picked up Baroness' 'Red Record' and 'Yellow & Green Record'

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM Post #8,454 of 29,654
Quote:
Took your advice and bought Damage Done on vinyl tonight. It's a Back On Black LP, but it's only slightly more than the CD so who cares?

Also picked up Baroness' 'Red Record' and 'Yellow & Green Record'

Great group of albums there! Let us know which Baroness you perfer. Love that band!

Feb 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #8,456 of 29,654
They'll be one of the first spins on the new table once it comes in. Looking forward to it. Blue Record will win out though, me thinks. I've heard it's the best and I enjoyed it.

Quote:
Great group of albums there! Let us know which Baroness you perfer. Love that band!

Feb 7, 2013 at 2:57 AM Post #8,459 of 29,654
Quote:
LOL Whoracle is my favorite In Flames as well.  I was there (Gothenberg) a few years ago for work, there was a fantastic concert with In Flames and a bunch of other fantastic bands but i didn't have the time, still kicking myself for missing that
but my absolute Gothenberg sound go to is without question At The Gates, i've liked everything they've ever put out.  I would go as far as to say Slaughter of the Soul is a metal masterpiece

ATG gets a ton of credit as being one of the founders of the genre, but (and this is IMO of course) they've never done it for me. I like Tomas Lindberg too, but aside from Slaughter of the Soul, I think the rest of their output was pretty meh. Lindberg also did vocals on the first two Nightrage albums, which are also the best two Nightrage albums. Check them out if you haven't heard them before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back