Lets Talk Metal
Dec 4, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #7,876 of 29,662
Quote:
Oh man, and I just ordered that one :p

the first 3 tracks, combined with the overall uniqueness of the whole album, makes it a worthwhile purchase IMO!

I also received the new Preterite album Pillars of Wind.  This is a truly stunning album, and i'm suspecting i'll view it as a masterpiece after some night time critical listening (it might even be better than the awesome Menace Ruine this year)...it's not really "metal" but more metal influenced blackened folk-drone-noise with the amazingly talented singing from Genvieve of Menace Ruine.  This is my kind of music...and really doesn't fit anywhere else but the metal forum!

Dec 4, 2012 at 8:52 PM Post #7,878 of 29,662
If you read their interviews and, at least to me, listen to the delivery I think they are more satirical and intend to provoke thought/feelings than anything. Not that I care, I wear my Ghost shirt for the same reason.  People see the upside down cross and the Clockwork Orange cover and get worked up. Being an atheist confuses them even more since I don't worship a deity "above" or "below" the ground :wink:  Though many religious folks seem to think atheists are Satanists either way so the provocation is complete no matter what I do.

I totally agree about them being tongue and cheek. They pull it off too. I wear my Ghost concert shirt with total pride. Working "people" up is what metal does... \m/

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #7,881 of 29,662
Well, you are right. I'm a fan of Agalloch and I am liking the sound of that. The transition at around 6:45 reminded me a lot of the transition in Agalloch's "Our Fortress is Burning pt. 1" at around 1;20, with a slightly different style to it. I'd have to hear more before I'd say I've fallen in love. I definitely look forward to hearing more!

I searched and did see any posts about Gallowbraid. Seems be another popular choice for those who like Agalloch.

He is currently working on a repress of the vinyl and I think it can still be ordered. You can find details on the Gallowbraid FB page.

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:07 AM Post #7,882 of 29,662
Well, you are right. I'm a fan of Agalloch and I am liking the sound of that. The transition at around 6:45 reminded me a lot of the transition in Agalloch's "Our Fortress is Burning pt. 1" at around 1;20, with a slightly different style to it. I'd have to hear more before I'd say I've fallen in love. I definitely look forward to hearing more!

I searched and did see any posts about Gallowbraid. Seems be another popular choice for those who like Agalloch.

He is currently working on a repress of the vinyl and I think it can still be ordered. You can find details on the Gallowbraid FB page.

Gallowbroch? But its good stuff no doubt. I think to be fair to Oak Pantheon, they actually make it their own and their melodic parts are really special (still an Agalloch derivative in my opinion which is why I did not give it a higher score musically). Give it a whirl on Bandcamp, I think its a must buy.

Dec 6, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #7,883 of 29,662
I'll definitely give them a bit more of a listen when I have the chance.

Yeah, Gallowbraid is pretty similar but I also have to give him credit since it's a solo band. I always seem to give bonus points when it's a 1 or 2 man group, if it's reasonably good.

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:26 AM Post #7,887 of 29,662
Dec 7, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #7,890 of 29,662
Quote:
Thanks! You can always subscribe to our RSS feed, and follow us on Facebook or Twitter.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dave one thing which I noticed is there is a lot of empty Black back ground space which should be covered with some kind of artwork or something. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back