Lets Talk Metal
Dec 3, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #7,861 of 29,663
Quote:
My latest review - Psilocybe Larvae's Labyrinth of Penumbra. Kick ass Russian gothic death/doom. Fans of Swallow The Sun and In Mourning should definitely check this band out.

http://www.metal-fi.com/psilocybe-larvae-the-labyrinth-of-penumbra/

holy cow these guys are awesome, thanks for the recommendation
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #7,862 of 29,663
Quote:
I know dude, the not knowing who they are really adds to the appeal of Ghost. I sorta got wind of who Papa was (not confirmed) and it was like being told (spoilers) that Satan doesn't exist! I just refused to believe any rumorous speculation and continue the mystery that is Ghost. Can't wait till the second album drops.

fixed it for ya  :wink:

i can't get into Ghost...i like the pop song structure, the music/vocals are great....just can't get into the vibe i guess, dunno.  

as far as fuzzed out 70's style metal, my favorite this year was definitely Christian Mistress...

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:10 PM Post #7,863 of 29,663

i can't get into Ghost...i like the pop song structure, the music/vocals are great....just can't get into the vibe i guess, dunno.  

as far as fuzzed out 70's style metal, my favorite this year was definitely Christian Mistress...

Haha, the classic Santa Satan mixup... Thanks! I actually couldn't get into them either, my (worthless) brother kept insisting tho. But once I saw them live... Sold. Couldn't agree more about Christian Mistress. Pentagram and Crucifix!

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #7,864 of 29,663
Quote:

If you read their interviews and, at least to me, listen to the delivery I think they are more satirical and intend to provoke thought/feelings than anything. Not that I care, I wear my Ghost shirt for the same reason.  People see the upside down cross and the Clockwork Orange cover and get worked up. Being an atheist confuses them even more since I don't worship a deity "above" or "below" the ground :wink:  Though many religious folks seem to think atheists are Satanists either way so the provocation is complete no matter what I do.

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:47 AM Post #7,866 of 29,663
Haha, the classic Santa Satan mixup... Thanks! I actually couldn't get into them either, my (worthless) brother kept insisting tho. But once I saw them live... Sold. Couldn't agree more about Christian Mistress. Pentagram and Crucifix!

The Devil's Blood is in my opinion the absolute masters of psychedelic 70s Satanic rock:

Saw them live during the Decibel Behemoth/Watain tour. Incredible.

Dec 4, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #7,867 of 29,663
Very good show from 2009, baked to the gills.

Dec 4, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #7,870 of 29,663
Quote:
So stoked, I'm finally gonna be able to see Allegaeon live tomorrow night in Columbus! Been a fan for two and a half years now, can't freaking wait

Lucky you.. I am going to see Gojira and Periphery on Dec 15th & 16th

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:21 PM Post #7,871 of 29,663
Quote:
S
Sunn0))).... One of my favourites of all time! How was the the show?
Eagle Twin's new album is stellar as well, the first one was good but this new one is great. wasn't too happy with the new Earth...they've turned into the metal Grateful Dead (which i suppose is good for some
wink.gif

From what I remember, pretty killer. I've seen Sunn O))) 4 times I think now. Earth is still strange for me to see live, I find them to be a very private, intimate experience but they generally are on point.

I have to check ET's new one out, Dylan seems to be trying to find his direction again. Would love for Joe Preston to come back for an album. For me, Hex is my favorite album and the best of one side of the Earth sound spectrum and another being Pentastar which is more rock oriented.

Sunn O))) this year at Power of the Riff Fest East.

Shirt & LP from a 2008 show to celebrate the The GrimmRobe Demos. Sadly that incarnation of the KF isn't there anymore, my favorite venue for a while.

Dec 4, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #7,872 of 29,663
anyone heard these guys?

it's a really weird mix of Americana / country / folk, and black metal.  i picked it up after reading about it on a top 2012 list, the first 3 songs are actually pretty neat (the album overall isn't great IMO, the last half is just over the top indulgent psych noise) but the concept was pretty neat and unlike anything i've ever heard.  kind of like Neurosis if they came from nashville...sorry if this is old news and i'm just way behind 

Dec 4, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #7,874 of 29,663
anyone heard these guys?

it's a really weird mix of Americana / country / folk, and black metal.  i picked it up after reading about it on a top 2012 list, the first 3 songs are actually pretty neat (the album overall isn't great IMO, the last half is just over the top indulgent psych noise) but the concept was pretty neat and unlike anything i've ever heard.  kind of like Neurosis if they came from nashville...sorry if this is old news and i'm just way behind 

LOL. Yes if you search I posted Horseback a while ago. No worries. You summed up the album perfectly....the first half is excellent, the second half, not so much....

Dec 4, 2012 at 4:03 PM Post #7,875 of 29,663
Quote:
LOL. Yes if you search I posted Horseback a while ago. No worries. You summed up the album perfectly....the first half is excellent, the second half, not so much....

Oh man, and I just ordered that one :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back