Lets Talk Metal
Dec 3, 2012 at 1:26 AM Post #7,846 of 29,663
Saw High on Fire with Goatwhore a few weeks ago, HoF was amazing to say the least. In Flames and Lamb of god this Thursday. And I am so so pumped about Gojira on Feb 2nd. The mighty lizard Gojira is king!!!!! Unfortunately they are touring with the terrible Devin Townsend Project... Not a fan of him live. Stop talking and just play your songs Devin! \m/ \m/

How was Goatwhore live? I enjoy their last 2 albums quite a bit. I missed Lamb of God/In Flames/Sylosis when they were here, but some coworkers went. Sucks missing shows in Minnesota since there aren't many metal shows around here to begin with :frowning2:

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:45 AM Post #7,847 of 29,663
I really dig that thick sound they have, unreal coming from just 3 dudes. Def gotta catch em again when they come back through Texas.

Just gotta dig into that bottom end just right, one of the main goals when it comes to stoner doom. Black Cobra only has two guys and put out an immense live sound, Om at their peak was simply stunning to listen to live. Matt is one of the founders of that modern tone with Sleep and it just carried over.

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:15 AM Post #7,848 of 29,663
Tool462, I've never really been a huge Goatwhore follower, but their stage presence and Falgoust's brutal voice really got me pumped. Precise and brutal... I actually really dug Lo-Pan. They were the opener that night. The "front man" stood in the back... Don't know if that's his style or if the stage was just to small...

I would of quoted this, but the mobile site is failing me as usual...

Dec 3, 2012 at 11:34 AM Post #7,849 of 29,663
As the year comes to an end and I look back on all the venues I saw in 2012, one band stands out that was a total suprise and absolute joy to WATCH and hear live. That was Ghost at the Hunter/Hertiage Tour. It's difficult to open up for Mastodon and Opeth (well maybe Opeth a few years back), but these guys really stole the show. Their act (or sincere love of Satan) is so spot on its entrancing.

It truly was a year of openers for me as well; I have to give the second place trophy to Red Fang when they came into town with The Sword (or is it just "Sword", whatever). John Sherman on drums was sick and really knows how to set the stage for some good stoner metal.

Hopefully I'll end the year on a big note with LoG and In Flames.

Looking forward to seeing Kyng as well, if they ever come back to Texas...

\m/

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #7,850 of 29,663
Two bands I'd love to see live.

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSpsffboOAc[/VIDEO]

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLHR8BrU5B0[/VIDEO]

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #7,851 of 29,663
Quote:
got to see Eyehategod on Wednesday (They did back to back nights on Tuesday, but I was still a bit too under the weather)
They always have great sound and just a good time. My new(ish) Ety plugs came in handy. They played a nice, lengthy set.

EHG is one of my all time favorites (wearing their shirt right now actually), have you ever delved into Buzzov-en, Weedeater, or Sourvein?  They'd probably be right up your alley.

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:41 PM Post #7,852 of 29,663
EHG is one of my all time favorites (wearing their shirt right now actually), have you ever delved into Buzzov-en, Weedeater, or Sourvein?  They'd probably be right up your alley.

Most definitely, saw Buzzov-en when they did a reunion show here. Have seen Weedeater and Sourvein Multiple times.

One of my favorite shirts

Dec 3, 2012 at 3:43 PM Post #7,854 of 29,663
Quote:
My latest review - Psilocybe Larvae's Labyrinth of Penumbra. Kick ass Russian gothic death/doom. Fans of Swallow The Sun and In Mourning should definitely check this band out.

http://www.metal-fi.com/psilocybe-larvae-the-labyrinth-of-penumbra/

AWESOME track.  i'll be looking for this one, the song you posted has a great mix of styles (great review also!).  too bad about the audio quality but even the crappy youtube version doesn't sound that horrible at least.

Dec 3, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #7,855 of 29,663
Eitrin Editions has a clearance sale. Got this and two other vinyls á3,5€

I think that's a bargain right there! eitrin.com

Dec 3, 2012 at 5:17 PM Post #7,856 of 29,663
Quote:
Most definitely, saw Buzzov-en when they did a reunion show here. Have seen Weedeater and Sourvein Multiple times.
One of my favorite shirts

I saw Buzzov-en on that tour as well, they were surprisingly good considering all circumstances.

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #7,857 of 29,663
Quote:
As the year comes to an end and I look back on all the venues I saw in 2012, one band stands out that was a total suprise and absolute joy to WATCH and hear live. That was Ghost at the Hunter/Hertiage Tour. It's difficult to open up for Mastodon and Opeth (well maybe Opeth a few years back), but these guys really stole the show. Their act (or sincere love of Satan) is so spot on its entrancing.
It truly was a year of openers for me as well; I have to give the second place trophy to Red Fang when they came into town with The Sword (or is it just "Sword", whatever). John Sherman on drums was sick and really knows how to set the stage for some good stoner metal.
Hopefully I'll end the year on a big note with LoG and In Flames.
Looking forward to seeing Kyng as well, if they ever come back to Texas...
\m/

My sister (big dress maker/costume maker) is already working on my Papa Emeritus costume for next year Halloween.  Ghost is badass.  Too bad I don't have 5 metal fan friends that would be Nameless Ghouls for me :p

The few interviews they have are funny, curious who the guys behind instruments actually are but I sort of like not knowing.

Dec 3, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #7,858 of 29,663
My sister (big dress maker/costume maker) is already working on my Papa Emeritus costume for next year Halloween.  Ghost is badass.  Too bad I don't have 5 metal fan friends that would be Nameless Ghouls for me :p

The few interviews they have are funny, curious who the guys behind instruments actually are but I sort of like not knowing.

I know dude, the not knowing who they are really adds to the appeal of Ghost. I sorta got wind of who Papa was (not confirmed) and it was like being told (spoilers) that Santa doesn't exist! I just refused to believe any rumorous speculation and continue the mystery that is Ghost. Can't wait till the second album drops.

Good on your sister for contributing to the cause as well! My brother doesn't do crap for me... Ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back