Lets Talk Metal
Aug 20, 2012 at 2:25 PM Post #6,796 of 29,646
Quote:
Yes. Buy my merch. 
evil_smiley.gif

But to differentiate Vaed's comment: I don't play an instrument. I'm the one that does the pretty words and pretty pictures. My autograph is worthless on Ebay. 
wink_face.gif

ERMAHGERD! I NEED A SIGNED POSTER!! I thought your name looked familiar. You did their press pictures that I saw for the "Where Corpses...." album, right?

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #6,797 of 29,646
Quote:
ERMAHGERD! I NEED A SIGNED POSTER!! I thought your name looked familiar. You did their press pictures that I saw for the "Where Corpses...." album, right?

Yeah, I've been doing all visuals since the demo's. I used to play in the previous incarnation of Carach Angren but switched from keyboards to doing graphics. Plus I cut off my long black hair so am forbidden to be on stage untill it grows back. 
wink_face.gif

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #6,799 of 29,646
Have any of you guys heard about Kalmah ?
They're awesome .
The thing is the tracks i've got are not very well produced . (Mostly 192Kbps Mp3s)
I wanted to know if any of you guys knew a store that sells their albums on 24/96 or 24/192
Preferably the Swamplord album .
If you haven't heard of them i recommend you to listen to their Hades track it's in the Swamplord album ! :D

Aug 20, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #6,800 of 29,646
They're awesome .
The thing is the tracks i've got are not very well produced . (Mostly 192Kbps Mp3s)
I wanted to know if any of you guys knew a store that sells their albums on 24/96 or 24/192
If you haven't heard of them i recommend you to listen to their Hades track it's in the Swamplord album ! :D
I did listen to kalmah a couple of years ago and enjoyed it quite a bit, nice that you reminded me.

Aug 20, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #6,801 of 29,646
Quote:

Yeah, I've been doing all visuals since the demo's. I used to play in the previous incarnation of Carach Angren but switched from keyboards to doing graphics. Plus I cut off my long black hair so am forbidden to be on stage untill it grows back. 
wink_face.gif

That's totally awesome! Well let it be known that I love the band and their music is incredible. I definitely wasn't kidding about the poster though, hahaha. I can't really find any legit merch of the band. I bought the LP and CD from the label and it cost me almost $60 US, so silly.

Quote:
Welcome to Head-Fi. I see you have already met our almost-celebrity.
biggrin.gif

Thank you! My cousin is the bass player for Nachtmystium by the way, so I'm a quasi-almost-celebrity, hahaha.
Quote:
They're awesome .

I owned a physical copy of all of their albums at one point in time. Hades is a great track! I get most of my stuff from Finland from this website. If you would like to know more in that style, let me know, I have an awful lot.

http://www.recordshopx.com/artist/kalmah/

Aug 20, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #6,802 of 29,646
Quote:
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/ultimathule/krautrockers.html

A really cool book to read is Julian Cope's Krautrock Sampler. It is kind of hard to find, and expensive also for a paperback. That has to be my favorite book on the subject along with Ultima Thule's Crack In The Cosmic Egg! I actually purchased some Kraut vinyl back in the mid 1990s when it became kinda cool. Most krautrock I have is CD though. Great stuff! I think the CD I have of the above is made from a vinyl record as the original masters were lost or recorded over? 

I love all the record finding stories I hear from friends. My favorites are the bins where the records have not been touched for 35 years. Kind of like gold mining. I spend 4 hours once in a closet of a pawn-shop, which had been untouched for a while as no one knew it was there, and when I walked out I looked pretty dirty because of records stacked to the ceiling.Great fun! There was a time in California when you could go into these record stores and find cool records under the racks, just waiting. Everyone was trading in their records for CDs.

http://home.btconnect.com/ultimathule/main.html

The top 100

http://home.btconnect.com/ultimathule/krautrock.html

I own about half this list on CD or vinyl. I never get tired of it.

Very awesome links, I'm familiar with a bunch of bands on the cosmic egg page, but sooo many I'm not, time to get downloading and vinyl hunting!  Thanks!

Aug 21, 2012 at 3:35 AM Post #6,804 of 29,646
Quote:

Very awesome links, I'm familiar with a bunch of bands on the cosmic egg page, but sooo many I'm not, time to get downloading and vinyl hunting!  Thanks!

I really don't know how popular it all is now? In the mid 1990s early 1970s Kraut was very strange and cool. It is funny too because in the mid 1990s prog was kind of making a small comeback too. Kraut is a little like progressive and has progressive components. I would say I have never seen prog so popular as it is right now? The last time I saw it this popular was in the early 1970s! There are more progressive bands now than ever! 

Aug 21, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #6,805 of 29,646
Quote:
I really don't know how popular it all is now? In the mid 1990s early 1970s Kraut was very strange and cool. It is funny too because in the mid 1990s prog was kind of making a small comeback too. Kraut is a little like progressive and has progressive components. I would say I have never seen prog so popular as it is right now? The last time I saw it this popular was in the early 1970s! There are more progressive bands now than ever! 

Bravo to that

Aug 21, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #6,808 of 29,646
This band is cathartic. Purges my psyche. 

Aug 21, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #6,810 of 29,646
I don't, but I had to look up the lyrics to the song. It gave me a good giggle.  
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back