Lets Talk Metal
Jun 23, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #6,316 of 29,662
Quote:
sorta small list, but I'm just making this list off the top of my head, very breif
Death Metal
August Burns Red - Composure, Meddler, White Washed, Divisions
The Black Dahlia Murder - What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse
Whitechapel - This is Exile
And if you wanna hear ********* brutal, Here Comes the Kraken - The Legend of  Rent is Way Too Hardcore

Trash
Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot, Trashed and Scattered, Betrayed (Don't know if some of these fit in Trash, but A7X is awesome)
Slayer - Angel of Death, War Ensemble
Slipknot - People = crap
Anything by the big four.

Melodic
At the Gates - Blinded by Fear

Glam
Black Veil Brides - Fallen Angels, The Legacy, Love Isn't Always Fair, Set the World on Fire, We Stitch These Wounds
Steel Panther - Death to All but Metal (Awesome and Funny song if you like vulgar humor)

I could name more, but as said before, I'm just making this brief and off the top of my head.
Also, some of these bands are sort of "mainstream" metal, and some might stay that this isn't "real" metal, it's what I listen to, and if you don't like it, then that's your problem.

Welcome to the thread! Don't worry about your peculiar taste in music. We'll sort you out in no time. 
wink_face.gif
 You are right about Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold though. They are indeed trash. 

Jun 23, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #6,317 of 29,662
Quote:
sorta small list, but I'm just making this list off the top of my head, very breif
Death Metal
August Burns Red - Composure, Meddler, White Washed, Divisions
The Black Dahlia Murder - What a Horrible Night to Have a Curse
Whitechapel - This is Exile
And if you wanna hear ********* brutal, Here Comes the Kraken - The Legend of  Rent is Way Too Hardcore

Trash
Avenged Sevenfold - Beast and the Harlot, Trashed and Scattered, Betrayed (Don't know if some of these fit in Trash, but A7X is awesome)
Slayer - Angel of Death, War Ensemble
Slipknot - People = crap
Anything by the big four.

Melodic
At the Gates - Blinded by Fear

Glam
Black Veil Brides - Fallen Angels, The Legacy, Love Isn't Always Fair, Set the World on Fire, We Stitch These Wounds
Steel Panther - Death to All but Metal (Awesome and Funny song if you like vulgar humor)

I could name more, but as said before, I'm just making this brief and off the top of my head.
Also, some of these bands are sort of "mainstream" metal, and some might stay that this isn't "real" metal, it's what I listen to, and if you don't like it, then that's your problem.

I don't get it.

August burns red is not Death, its metalcore

I am not sure I know 'trash' but Slipknot is definitely not thrash neither is Avenged Sevenfold

Jun 23, 2012 at 5:49 AM Post #6,318 of 29,662
Quote:
I don't get it.

August burns red is not Death, its metalcore

I am not sure I know 'trash' but Slipknot is definitely not thrash neither is Avenged Sevenfold

You could say bands like August Burns Red are the death of metal? And Slipknot and Avenged Sevenfold are trash! Slayer is thrash! 

Dude you're messing up my funny grammar puns. Go away. 
tongue_smile.gif

Jun 23, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #6,320 of 29,662
This is nice.

Jun 23, 2012 at 9:32 PM Post #6,322 of 29,662

The Edge Of Sanity Masterpiece

Jun 24, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #6,324 of 29,662
Quote:

Yep. One of the best progressive metal albums ever. It's too bad they kicked Dan out of the band not long after that. EOS really wasn't a progressive band prior to Crimson, and I guess they didn't like that direction. Crimson II is solid, but it's not as good as the original.

I have not spent as much time on two. Amazing I never knew of this band until this year! 

Jun 25, 2012 at 4:12 AM Post #6,325 of 29,662
Some hazy, melodic, post-rock tinged, but ultimately solid slab of black metal from the states. Very vast sounding.

Another humble offering: no-********, crunchy-ass death metal from Argentina. No frills.

Jun 25, 2012 at 7:01 PM Post #6,326 of 29,662
Man, i thought i had been completely worn out on Finnish Melodic Death Metal...all of it was starting to sound entirely too similar. But this new Be'lakor cd, Of Breath and Bone, while it maintains that familiar Finnish MeloDeath sound, its different enough to be listenable for me
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #6,327 of 29,662

Jun 27, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #6,328 of 29,662
I've been a big fan of Subterranean Masquerade lately. This album literally brought tears to my eyes coming through my Klipsch Quartets. Melodic and very experimental. A really wide variety of sounds on this album, excellent growls and excellent clean vocals, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Keuu2DiMKdc

Jun 27, 2012 at 11:48 PM Post #6,329 of 29,662
Just finished listening to Gojira's new album all the way through 3 times at work. Im not sure id call them Technical Death Metal like everyone wants too...its too groovy for that.but whatever genre they get defined under im kind of upset i havent ever really listened to these guys before. Loving this cd.

also...the new Periphery cd comes out next week!

Jun 28, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #6,330 of 29,662

Goen back to my roots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back