Lets Talk Metal
May 30, 2012 at 3:59 AM Post #6,166 of 29,701
Quote:

Draconian nailed it I think. It's very easy to copycat, and so you have a lot of hack bands trying to do it.

That is so true, I can only listen to Draconian B&B. Most of the other stuff just sounds fake. I listen to Thrash, Black-metal, Death, Grind, Classic Metal and a little classic Cradle Of Filth and old Dimmu Borgir. Sometimes a little Gothenburg but never Gothic Metal except Draconian. Most Gothmetal seems boring IMO. Too slow........................

May 30, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #6,167 of 29,701
Quote:
So i think my new favorite CD of the year so far is probably the Art By Numbers cd Reticence: The Musical...ive been listening to it non stop since i got my copy on saturday. Sure its not The Human Abstract, but it is an awesome blend of them and Prostest the Hero. I really dont see how these guys arent signed. The whole cd is as good as the 3 or 4 songs they had already released till now.

OK so maybe just tied with Formshifter by Allegaeon, but even that is a huge feat i feel

Agreed on Formshifter - Allegaeon.

Apart from that, the ones which I have played non stop are In Mourning and Gorod.

May 30, 2012 at 6:30 AM Post #6,168 of 29,701
Quote:
That is so true, I can only listen to Draconian B&B. Most of the other stuff just sounds fake. I listen to Thrash, Black-metal, Death, Grind, Classic Metal and a little classic Cradle Of Filth and old Dimmu Borgir. Sometimes a little Gothenburg but never Gothic Metal except Draconian. Most Gothmetal seems boring IMO. Too slow........................

Yeah, same here. The major reason why Draconian worked so well was Lisa's vocals, which is worrying since she's gone. She's not going to be easy to replace. I like Gothic elements mixed in with death, doom, or black metal, but Gothic on its own yeah, tends to get boring, and it doesn't help that the vocalists in a lot of goth metal bands are just not that good.

May 30, 2012 at 10:33 AM Post #6,169 of 29,701
X2 about Gothic metal,i going to check Draconian althougth (if i remember somebody mentioned me in the past ,but never heard them,and the fact it has a female singer it`s a plus).
been listening in the past few days to a not-so-much old playlist with morbid angel,death angel,dark funeral,to not lose the habit..
cant wait the new Nile album,fortunately George Kollias is there.
listening to - Black Sabbath - Paranoid

May 30, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #6,170 of 29,701
I like Draconian, but I also like some of Katatonia's mid-to-later melodramatic stuff too if that counts as goth-y metal. Uh... I went through a period of liking Ulver's Tears For Fears phase (Blood Inside), though that sort of passed. Nox Aurea is a Draconian copycat but slower and more doomy, and I dig them.

Oh, and then there's Funeral. They're a classic.

May 30, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #6,171 of 29,701
Quote:
X2 about Gothic metal,i going to check Draconian althougth (if i remember somebody mentioned me in the past ,but never heard them,and the fact it has a female singer it`s a plus).
been listening in the past few days to a not-so-much old playlist with morbid angel,death angel,dark funeral,to not lose the habit..
cant wait the new Nile album,fortunately George Kollias is there.
listening to - Black Sabbath - Paranoid

They are truly special, been into them from 2000 on. 

May 31, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #6,174 of 29,701
I'm glad i found this thread because i'm a "Metal Head" as they say.. lately i've been hooked on "Dethklok" they pretty much kick ass in every way.. their songs are so freaking brutal and Nathan Explosion is a beast on vocals.. Having the albums on my iPod with the EQU app OMG!!.. i can actually hear the bass :).. They have pretty much all good songs but i have to pick with The Dethalbum II.. which its epic in every way... the bolds are my favorites..

(The Dethalbum II)

Bloodlines
The Gears
Burn The Earth
Murmaider II: The Water of The Gods

(The Dethalbum I)

Murmaider
Awaken
Bloodrocuted
Into The Water

I found out that they are actually working on the next album "The Dethalbum III" *le gasp*... i'm sure it's gonna be epic!!..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCUnhoe0rpU

I do enjoy other metal genres like Viking Metal, Folk Metal, Death Metal, maybe some black metal, Symphonic Metal and Progressive Metal...

May 31, 2012 at 6:05 AM Post #6,175 of 29,701
I actually think Brendon Small is a much better clean vocalist than harsh vocalist. He can't really do death growls as Nathan Explosion, he just sort of approximates them, as a clean singer he's pretty good though.

May 31, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #6,176 of 29,701
May 31, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #6,177 of 29,701

3:04-3:21 makes emotional and sad and I don't know why..

Jun 1, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #6,179 of 29,701
New Kreator out finally

Jun 1, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #6,180 of 29,701
Quote:
Curious, do you have a favorite headphone in your collection for metal listening?

Some headphones I've been liking with metal:

Audez'e LCD-1 (the original)
Grado HP1000 HP2
Grado PS500
HiFiMan HE-400
HiFiMan HE-6
Koss ESP 950
Shure SRH1840

Users who are viewing this thread

Back