Lets Talk Metal
Feb 7, 2012 at 2:52 PM Post #5,387 of 29,660
Yeah the vocals aren't so great, but I've heard worse. I'm just kind of bored with tech death lately, I'm not sure why, but Psycroptic isn't doin it for me.

Hmmpf. I was positive this would be right up your alley. Alright, so what's on your playlist? Swallow The Sun I assume?

(miffed that StS latest is not on Spotify in the States yet)

Feb 7, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #5,388 of 29,660

Quote:
The new Psycroptic album is absolutely the catchiest thing I've heard since Thy Catafalique's Rengeteg:

Anyone else giving this a whirl? The vocals are a bit core'ish but the music is just absolutely stellar.

Trogdor you know I'm loving it, cant wait to buy it actually.

And im sure you read the review, but have you checked out any of the music for the Soen CD Cognitive? AMG did that review, and dude, they may sound like tool, but i freaking love it anyways

Feb 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM Post #5,390 of 29,660

Nice... Love Keenan and Akerfeldt.

Eagerly awaiting this release.

Thank you Soup
Quote:

And im sure you read the review, but have you checked out any of the music for the Soen CD Cognitive? AMG did that review, and dude, they may sound like tool, but i freaking love it anyways

Feb 8, 2012 at 1:51 AM Post #5,391 of 29,660

Quote:
harvest was less than weak, it was a disappointment. Nuff said. 

Your just being a contrarian 

Music taste is based off opinion, it doesn't need musical merit to be enjoyed by someone.
it was a disappointment for you. Don't try to drag people down just because you have a problem with Opeth not bringing out the record you wanted them to.

Feb 8, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #5,393 of 29,660

Quote:
Music taste is based off opinion, it doesn't need musical merit to be enjoyed by someone.
it was a disappointment for you. Don't try to drag people down just because you have a problem with Opeth not bringing out the record you wanted them to.

Heritage by Opeth

Harvest by Neglfar

Feb 8, 2012 at 3:12 PM Post #5,394 of 29,660

Its Tool. I don't know what to say. I listened to two songs and was like, yeah, Tool wants their musical wallet back.

Btw, I saw Tool at the Beacon Theater a few years ago and they were fantastic (despite not being a die hard fan).

Feb 8, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #5,395 of 29,660

Quote:
Its Tool. I don't know what to say. I listened to two songs and was like, yeah, Tool wants their musical wallet back.
Btw, I saw Tool at the Beacon Theater a few years ago and they were fantastic (despite not being a die hard fan).

lol i dont even care though....tool doesnt put out enough music so ill take this too :p

I just saw Tool like three weeks ago in Toledo OH, it was just as amazing seeing them the second time. i hope to see them every time they tour. But Tool also doesnt tour enough, so maybe Soen can pick up that slack too :D

Feb 8, 2012 at 4:56 PM Post #5,396 of 29,660
Question for everyone--

List your Top Five Vocalists (Metal/Non-Metal/Whoever).

EDIT:

1. Maynard Keenan (Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer).

2. Jens Kidman (Meshuggah)

3. Michael Akerfeldt (Opeth, Bloodbath).

4. Layne Staley (Alice In Chains, Mad Season)

5. Nick Drake 

Feb 8, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #5,398 of 29,660

Quote:
Hmmpf. I was positive this would be right up your alley. Alright, so what's on your playlist? Swallow The Sun I assume?
(miffed that StS latest is not on Spotify in the States yet)

A bit yeah, but I'm actually listening to Argus' Boldy Stride The Doomed lately. I've never been a huge fan of "traditional" heavy metal, but the riffs and solos on this album are just infectious, and the vocals fit the music well and stay out of the realm of power metal so I have no issues with them.

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:00 PM Post #5,399 of 29,660

Quote:
Question for everyone--

List your Top Five Vocalists (Metal/Non-Metal/Whoever)

Good question.

Peter Tägtgren (Hypocrisy, The Abyss, Pain)
Mikael Åkerfeldt (Opeth, Bloodbath)
Dan Swanö (Edge Of Sanity, too many other bands to name)
Devin Townsend (SYL, Devin Townsend Band)
Chris Cornell (Soundgarden)

Feb 8, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #5,400 of 29,660
 Number 1   Rob Halford----- Judas Priest/Halford

Number 2   King Diamond-----King Diamond/Mercyful Fate

Number 3   Attila Csihar-----Mayhem ................Illuminate Eliminate from Ordo Ad Chao started playing as I wrote this on Windows Media Player with 2064 songs possible.

Number 4   Mortuus AKA Daniel Rosten -----Marduk/Funeral Mist

Rules at a Black Metal Concert:
1. Dont start Hardcore Dancing.
2. Dont push people, who dont want to mosh.
3. Dont wear Gaycore shirts.
4. And the most important rule: NEVER..... i repeat NEVER try to hug any of the Band Members.

Number 5       Piotr Wiwczarek-----Vader

Users who are viewing this thread

Back