Lets Talk Metal
Jan 30, 2012 at 1:09 AM Post #5,326 of 29,662

Quote:
Post Metallica again and you will be banned. :)

Does that cure it?

Jan 30, 2012 at 4:18 PM Post #5,327 of 29,662

Quote:
Where to begin...where to begin Soup...I have been waiting for your return...
Psycroptic I also discovered 2 weeks ago however I heard the new singer sucks donkey balls (very metalcore-ish but I will check this out ASAP).
Other notables that just kick butt....did someone mention the Ouroboros release? Because its frick'n fantastic for a debut:

Soup is you don't like this album, I will be speechless. This is totally up your ally and just awesome melodic technical death metal.
EDIT: Soup, because I love ya, click here.
Now you didn't like Disma that much (alright, a bit too much of Incantation worship, too sludgish).
However the new Curciamentum is Incantation worship with hookish riffage:

I mean this is high quality metal here. Check out the breakdown at 2:00 minutes. Awesome.
Again, still trying to get my head around Swallow The Sun. Its so different than what I expected.
EDIT: The first track "Emerald Forest and the Blackbird" reminds me of the soundtrack to the movie Pan's Labyrinth. Anyone else feeling this vibe?
I am DEFINITELY seeing Behemoth and Satanic Friends @ the Troc (I'm not a big fan of Irving Plaza).
I really really want to see Alcest/Deafheaven but I don't think its going to happen since I have something tentatively planned that weekend. I want to buy a Black Dahlia/Nile/Skeletonwitch ticket but I need to wait for the Insomnium/Swallow tour which I believe is going to happen in April.
I do plan to see Havok/Toxic Holocaust next month as well.
Friday I see Machine Head. I don't really care what anyone says, they are solid American heavy metal band.
EDIT: Because I love ya Soup, click here.

that first link aint bad man, nothing to amazing i dont think. BUt thaks for that link to another Psycroptic song, why have i never heard of these people before

Jan 30, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #5,328 of 29,662
that first link aint bad man, nothing to amazing i dont think. BUt thaks for that link to another Psycroptic song, why have i never heard of these people before

http://www.guitarworld.com/exclusive-psycroptic-streaming-new-album-inherited-repression

MetalReview gave it a 8.5! Listening to it now.

Jan 31, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #5,329 of 29,662
Anyone likes Burst

Or Heaven Shall Burn

Jan 31, 2012 at 3:32 AM Post #5,330 of 29,662

Quote:
Anyone likes Burst

Or Heaven Shall Burn

No.

And Trog, Abigail Williams sucks man. I tried listening to the new album after you kept wetting your pants over them. You know they actually remind me of The Black Eyed Peas? Think about it, every time a new genre or trend arises Abigail Williams is there to copy it and ride the wave. First it was metalcore when that was big, then Emperor-worship when they reunited for a while and now WitTR worship since the whole "Cascadian" thing is the new hip. They have never EVER done anything remotely original and are always way too late to the party. They're decent musicians, I'll give you that, but they lack the soul to be more than just moderately entertaining. They should stick to doing metalcore. 

On a much brighter death now note: 

Jan 31, 2012 at 5:22 AM Post #5,331 of 29,662

Quote:

Back in 08/09 Psycroptic was the first new metal band I learned about from this thread. I thought they were from Austria not Austrailia before I purchased the CD. They are fantastic.
I find myself playing Ob(Servant) and The Inheirited Repression every so often. Ob(Servant) is super great! THX Head-Fi!

Maybe it was not the right time for Psycroptic in your life. There must be 20-30 technical death metal bands none of us know about. Few of them are as great as Psycroptic though
wink_face.gif

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:25 AM Post #5,332 of 29,662
And Trog, Abigail Williams sucks man. I tried listening to the new album after you kept wetting your pants over them. You know they actually remind me of The Black Eyed Peas? Think about it, every time a new genre or trend arises Abigail Williams is there to copy it and ride the wave. First it was metalcore when that was big, then Emperor-worship when they reunited for a while and now WitTR worship since the whole "Cascadian" thing is the new hip. They have never EVER done anything remotely original and are always way too late to the party. They're decent musicians, I'll give you that, but they lack the soul to be more than just moderately entertaining. They should stick to doing metalcore. 

I didn't wet my pants over it either dude.

I agree with your major points but that doesn't mean the album sucks.

Deal with it. I know you are BME, its harder for you. I understand.

Its a good album and they are very talented.

I have not bought the album due to the the musical integrity arguments you gave.

Did you listen to Beyond the Crevices? Absolutely fantastic. Please give it a shot.

Also new Haemoth is online here:

http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/9

EDIT: Just watched the video you posted. Uhhh....creepy.

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:27 AM Post #5,333 of 29,662

Back in 08/09 Psycroptic was the first new metal band I learned about from this thread. I thought they were from Austria not Austrailia before I purchased the CD. They are fantastic.
I find myself playing Ob(Servant) and The Inheirited Repression every so often. Ob(Servant) is super great! THX Head-Fi!

Maybe it was not the right time for Psycroptic in your life. There must be 20-30 technical death metal bands none of us know about. Few of them are as great as Psycroptic though:wink_face: .

Soup's is just shy. Guarantee when he listens to the whole album, he'll love it. It might be the first must buy 2012 tech death metal release.

Of course I'm pretty sure Soup and I are both in the mode that 2012 is the Year of the Gorguts. LOL.

I suppose I'm the only one excited about this:

http://liberteer.bandcamp.com/

Jan 31, 2012 at 8:12 AM Post #5,336 of 29,662

Quote:
Anyone likes Burst

Or Heaven Shall Burn

Never heard of Burst before.  After watching that video, I still wish I hadn't heard of them.  I didn't really care for it.  But if you're into them, that's cool.

I have a love/hate relationship with Heaven Shall Burn.  I first heard them while driving to a restaurant with some friends.  The driver had the CD playing and I thought it was pretty cool.  But then I went out and bought the CD (Antigone) and suddenly didn't care for it.  I also own Whatever It May Take.  Depending on my mood, I either don't mind it or can't stand to hear it.  I never really got into any of their other stuff, but then again I didn't really try.

Jan 31, 2012 at 9:41 AM Post #5,338 of 29,662

Quote:
Nope. I don't think you'll find much metalcore love around here.

Yeah, but you do, and that's what I find surprising ...

In an unrelated note, I've been on a serious Primordial kick lately. Can't stop playing this album.

.. especially when bands like Primordial or Solstafir or Deathspell Omega or Necros Christos or Vektor or Negura Bunget or Esoteric or The Ruins of Beverast or Coldworld or Mortuary Drape or The Gates of Slumber or whatever get so little, if any, mention.

Jan 31, 2012 at 9:52 AM Post #5,339 of 29,662

.. especially when bands like Primordial or Solstafir or Deathspell Omega or Necros Christos or Vektor or Negura Bunget or Esoteric or The Ruins of Beverast or Coldworld or Mortuary Drape or The Gates of Slumber or whatever get so little, if any, mention.

Metalcore seems to be an American substance that we just can't get enough of. I really don't know why since even though I grew up with the usual 80s thrash suspects, I just don't see why these types of bands bring in the crowds.

I live in the Northeast. The coolest radio station we have is WSOU (89.5FM), Seton Hall Pirate Radio. Even though I absolutely love the fact that they play a lot of underground material (Revocation's first single was played daily), the overwhelming majority is metalcore. People actually request Lamb of God like its going out of style. Sigh.

I plan to catch Negura Bunget in April (that's the plan at least).

Jan 31, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #5,340 of 29,662

Quote:

Quote:
Metalcore seems to be an American substance that we just can't get enough of. I really don't know why since even though I grew up with the usual 80s thrash suspects, I just don't see why these types of bands bring in the crowds.
I live in the Northeast. The coolest radio station we have is WSOU (89.5FM), Seton Hall Pirate Radio. Even though I absolutely love the fact that they play a lot of underground material (Revocation's first single was played daily), the overwhelming majority is metalcore. People actually request Lamb of God like its going out of style. Sigh.
I plan to catch Negura Bunget in April (that's the plan at least).

Why so much Core hate people?? I think Core is Happy Metal Dance music....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back