Lets Talk Metal
Jan 20, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #5,236 of 29,662
Dutch band from my area. They just started and already have a pretty mature sound. They're huge DsO fans. Not really up my alley and I don't particularly dig the vocals. 

Comments:

1) Its interesting. I agree the vocals are well strange....

2) Check out the new Abigail Williams, I really think it will be right up your alley Negakinu.

2) You are truly a BME for recommending Weakling to someone only to not inform them they broke up after it....sigh...

3) Alcest's new one is good not great. I think his last album was stronger.

4) Really stoked about the new Drudkh.

Biggest news today was this. That link represents a truly awesome live ritual.

Jan 21, 2012 at 4:02 AM Post #5,237 of 29,662
Just coped  both stronghold and oathbound. Will definitely get around to it this week. Was writing a review for Moonsorrow's varjoina kuljemme kuolleiden maassa so Ive been revisiting that album. Will keep you updated with my thoughts, thanks again.

Quote:
After listening to Stronghold you will want to buy me a drink....guaranteed! :)
Yesterday I was listening to Toxic Holocaust....so awesome...

Will do :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by XanderTJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Takasago is a ******* ****ty album. Skip it any listen to ANY of chthonic's older works.
Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Jan 21, 2012 at 9:25 AM Post #5,240 of 29,662

Jan 21, 2012 at 11:21 AM Post #5,242 of 29,662
Alright, another one I missed int 2011....Gilead Media has been on a roll with a lot of first-rate atmospheric black metal release (Ash Borer, Fell Voices, etc.).

But the Untitles EP by the group False is a real winner.

Both Brooklyn Vegan and NPR featured False this year but again, I missed it.

Check it out on Bandcamp

Jan 22, 2012 at 8:03 AM Post #5,243 of 29,662
tbh... I'm absolutely floored by the brilliance of stronghold.. thanking you wouldn't be enough (how about that beer?)

Haven't got around to oath bound yet but I think its safe to say my life has been changed by music once again.

Quote:
Though not Taiwanese, You do listen to Summoning right? Oath Bound or Stronghold.

Jan 22, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #5,244 of 29,662
tbh... I'm absolutely floored by the brilliance of stronghold.. thanking you wouldn't be enough (how about that beer?)
Haven't got around to oath bound yet but I think its safe to say my life has been changed by music once again.

You owe me a drink! :)

I can't not get the song "Satanic Royalty" by Midnight out of my head.

So let's see, this Spring here are some notable tours hitting the US:

• Behemoth, Watain, The Devil's Blood, In Solitude (going to actually use the letters O-M-G)
  • Mastodon/Opeth/Ghost (seen Mastodon once, Opeth twice, would love to see Ghost)
  • Alcest in March (yes please)
  • Insomnium rumored April/May (yes please again)
  • Black Dahlia Murder, Skeletonwitch, and Nile (I mean honestly, is this not the definition of a cool show?)

I'm sure there will be more....but man look at the above....these are all unbelievably kick arse shows....

Jan 22, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #5,248 of 29,662
Went to a metal market today. Found some cool shizz for practically nothing. 

- Lifelover "Sjukdom" Limited Boxset (syringe, razor, barbedwire, random bric a brac in a metal box + digipack) ($10)
- Leviathan "Tentacles of Whorror" cd, alternative artwork ($5)
- Leviathan "10th sub level of suicide" cd ($5)
- Swan Christy "A Decent Album" cd (experimental melancholic stuff like Ulver's Perdition City) ($3)
- Extol "The Blueprint Dives" cd ($3)

I love getting great stuff for silly low prices. :D

Jan 22, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #5,249 of 29,662
Went to a metal market today. Found some cool shizz for practically nothing. 

- Lifelover "Sjukdom" Limited Boxset (syringe, razor, barbedwire, random bric a brac in a metal box + digipack) ($10)

Awesome, awesome....for foiks who have never heard of LifeLover, see here:

"B." RIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back