Lets Talk Metal
Jan 16, 2012 at 12:33 PM Post #5,206 of 29,662
Atmospheric metal band Katabasis posted a free link for their debut album on Facebook. Here's the link for you guys: http://bit.ly/sgrzNe

I posted one of their videos a couple months back, so a quick search should make it turn up.

Jan 16, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #5,207 of 29,662
Just started listening to them. Don't know why I didn't do this earlier since I'm Taiwanese but I started looking up Taiwanese metal bands. I like the folk elements they include but otherwise the music doesn't stand out quite yet. Going to give it a few go arounds though.

BTW, if anyone knows any other awesome Taiwan metal bands that would be awesome. My taste is black or death metal with folk elements. Favorite band is Moonsorrow.

Quote:
My top albums (in no particular order)  for 2011 are: 

1. Aurora Borealis: Timeline: The Beginning And End Of Everything
  2. Turisas: Stand Up and Fight
  3. Warbringer: Worlds Torn Asunder
  4. Nightbringer: Hierophany Of The Open Grave
  5. Panzerchrist: Regiment Ragnarok
  6. Iron Savior: Landing
  7. ChthoniC: Takasago Army
  8. Obscura: Omnivium
  9. Blut Aus Nord : 777 Desanctification
  10. Powerwolf: Blood of the Saints

Jan 16, 2012 at 7:47 PM Post #5,209 of 29,662

Quote:
Nice album cover :)

Yes......the font reminds me of spending the day 300 years ago fondling the breasts of a Northern Europe Bar Maiden while drinking beer out of giant cup.

Jan 16, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #5,210 of 29,662
Just started listening to them. Don't know why I didn't do this earlier since I'm Taiwanese but I started looking up Taiwanese metal bands. I like the folk elements they include but otherwise the music doesn't stand out quite yet. Going to give it a few go arounds though.

BTW, if anyone knows any other awesome Taiwan metal bands that would be awesome. My taste is black or death metal with folk elements. Favorite band is Moonsorrow.

Though not Taiwanese, You do listen to Summoning right? Oath Bound or Stronghold.

Jan 17, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #5,211 of 29,662

Quote:

SUBMIT
Shifting away from the topic.

Saw the movie again other day(after a long time)... Goosebumps \m/

haha good times :D

by the way no comments on prostitute disfigurement? ;(

Jan 17, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #5,213 of 29,662

Quote:
haha good times :D

by the way no comments on prostitute disfigurement? ;(

Need to check that out...\m/

Jan 18, 2012 at 4:52 AM Post #5,214 of 29,662
Nope I haven't, I'm the type of person who loves checking out new bands but I don't have a lot of time so I end up re-listening to what I already have while being updated with new releases from bands I'm familiar with. But I have some time for the next few months and I plan on checking out a bunch of new (well technically old) bands. Thanks for the recommendations I plan on checking them out soon.

Quote:
Though not Taiwanese, You do listen to Summoning right? Oath Bound or Stronghold.

Jan 18, 2012 at 9:48 AM Post #5,215 of 29,662
Nope I haven't, I'm the type of person who loves checking out new bands but I don't have a lot of time so I end up re-listening to what I already have while being updated with new releases from bands I'm familiar with. But I have some time for the next few months and I plan on checking out a bunch of new (well technically old) bands. Thanks for the recommendations I plan on checking them out soon.

After listening to Stronghold you will want to buy me a drink....guaranteed! :)

Yesterday I was listening to Toxic Holocaust....so awesome...

Jan 18, 2012 at 10:15 PM Post #5,216 of 29,662
I have to second Summoning.  Listen to the two albums Trogdor suggested, and give Minas Morgul a listen.

Jan 19, 2012 at 12:49 AM Post #5,217 of 29,662
Portuguese metallers Moonspell have announced that their upcoming new album will be entitled Alpha Noir and will be released on April 27th via Napalm Records. The album was produced and mixed by Tue Madsen.

Fernando Ribeiro posted the following on the band's Facebook page: "Never a Moonspell album came so close to be absolute like the new opus magna (masterpiece) Alpha Noir, scheduled to be proudly released by Napalm Records on the 27th of April."

"Moonspell has tapped a notch into their energy filled gothic metal by adding a guitar wall forged by timeless artists like Bathory, King Diamond or in a twist of the knife to old thrash metal legends like Onslaught, Metallica early works or even Testament and Artillery, making Alpha Noir a truly surprising and fresh record where all the songs have a climax effect about them, a high tension charm that will for sure electricize audiences when played on a stage."

Jan 19, 2012 at 9:32 AM Post #5,219 of 29,662

Quote:
@DavidBSC: I will check out Moonspell, never heard of them.

WAIT WHAT??

How old are you? Maybe you missed them back in the nineties? I grew up on Wolfheart and Irreligious. One of the bands that shaped my taste in music. Great band! Fernando actually did a black metal sideproject that I loved back then too: 

Jan 19, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #5,220 of 29,662

Quote:
New Abigail Williams album Becomings is up for a listen
Also today Drudkh unleases their first single off Eternal....
@DavidBSC: I will check out Moonspell, never heard of them.

AW doesn't do it for me. They are just all over the map stylistically, they need to figure out what sort of music they want to play and then get good at it.

I'm surprised you haven't heard of Moonspell, they are really what got me into gothic metal. They're rooted more in black metal, though as with Graveworm I prefer their more modern stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back