Lets Talk Metal
Jan 2, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #5,118 of 29,662

Jan 2, 2012 at 9:33 PM Post #5,119 of 29,662
American doom metallers Daylight Dies have issued the following update regarding the band's upcoming album: "2011 has been a year of writing new music, recording in the studio and having an incredible time performing in Italy, Portugal and Spain. On the new album front, we've now completed guitar leads, rhythms, drums and bass guitar and clean guitar are halfway done. We'll wrap everything up in early 2012 and hopefully have a clearer idea for a release date then. Our goal is the first half of 2012. We are thrilled with how everything is sounding so far."

So Katatonia and Daylight Dies are definitely on for this year. I think 2012 is gonna be good.

Jan 2, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #5,120 of 29,662

Quote:

Lady Ga Ga is a great way to tell others your not a Narrow Minded Budweiser drinking, High-top-basketball-straight-legged-blue-jean-mullet-sporting,Tight-black-leather-jacket wearing Metalhead!          I may be?

I don't have enough time anymore to listen to non-metal. There are only so many albums you can hear in a lifetime. If I ever get bored with current metal then I just go back and get into old metal like this.....................

I agree. I can only listen so much. Why waste it on mediocre non metal genres?

Jan 2, 2012 at 10:51 PM Post #5,121 of 29,662

So I guess I will try and listen to Black-Metal Trip-Hop?  Good for 5 minutes or so.

Jan 3, 2012 at 2:05 PM Post #5,123 of 29,662
2012 looks like it's going to be great year. Is anyone else excited for Pandora's Pinata, the upcoming Diablo Swing Orchestra release?

Jan 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #5,124 of 29,662
The best non-metal release of 2011....hmmmm...for me (or at least what I listen too) was The Devil's Blood "Thousandfold Epicentre" - though technically its not out in the US (but I ordered the artbook via eBay).

Jan 3, 2012 at 6:18 PM Post #5,125 of 29,662

Quote:

So I guess I will try and listen to Black-Metal Trip-Hop?  Good for 5 minutes or so.

I haven't listened to this album. But 'Kveldssanger' to me is one of the most interesting albums that I have heard this year. 

DISCLAIMER: This is completely ACOUSTIC.

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #5,127 of 29,662
Do listen to Bergtatt, nothing short of a masterpiece.

That's my favorite.

No offense but in my opinion Ulver is one of THE most over-rated band in "kvlt" history.

And I am not bashing them for their evolutionary musical journey either. I think a lot of their experiments are fascinating and lovely.

But overall, a lot of their work just bores me to death. Latest album was a big yawn.

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:30 PM Post #5,128 of 29,662
I have only heard Ulver's Perdition city so I guess I will have to check out the others. They are on my list to explore. THX for the sugestions.

Now I'm getting into the Bishop of Hexen releases.

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:54 PM Post #5,129 of 29,662

Quote:
That's my favorite.
No offense but in my opinion Ulver is one of THE most over-rated band in "kvlt" history.
And I am not bashing them for their evolutionary musical journey either. I think a lot of their experiments are fascinating and lovely.
But overall, a lot of their work just bores me to death. Latest album was a big yawn.

Not a big fan of their post Nattens Madrigal stuff either.

Jan 4, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #5,130 of 29,662

Quote:
2012 looks like it's going to be great year. Is anyone else excited for Pandora's Pinata, the upcoming Diablo Swing Orchestra release?

Can't wait for this. I love DSO. Whenever I listen to them I turn into a toe tappin', booty shakin', fun lovin' BME. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back