Lets Talk Metal
Jan 1, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #5,101 of 29,662
Oh Trogdor, at first i wasnt that impressed with Dwellings, but after a load of listens, the cd has really grown on me, hence why it made it into my top list.

Yea I noticed that and was a bit surprised. I'm glad you are starting to dig it. I am telling you its better than Metazoa in a lot of ways. My only critique of Dwellings is that just like Metazoa, there is not one defining song or theme that really sticks. As I stated before, its definitely a more focused effort on their part and I do expect big things from Cormorant.

also, Im seeing Tool again in january!!! in Toledo :D

Saw them many years ago. They are excellent live. But I still don't see what's the big deal given they *still* don't have a new album (and btw, I never considered them metal though still great).

Jan 1, 2012 at 2:47 PM Post #5,102 of 29,662

Quote:
Yea I noticed that and was a bit surprised. I'm glad you are starting to dig it. I am telling you its better than Metazoa in a lot of ways. My only critique of Dwellings is that just like Metazoa, there is not one defining song or theme that really sticks. As I stated before, its definitely a more focused effort on their part and I do expect big things from Cormorant.
Saw them many years ago. They are excellent live. But I still don't see what's the big deal given they *still* don't have a new album (and btw, I never considered them metal though still great).

yeah i saw them last summer in St Louis, which was their previous tour, so i was pretty excited when they announced the new one a couple weeks ago

Jan 1, 2012 at 4:19 PM Post #5,103 of 29,662
I think you guys should check this out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1394383/

The documentary is about Keenan and his friend starting a Winery in Arizona.

Keenan pretty much states that there might not be any other 'Tool' or 'A Perfect Circle' album. There was a 'Puscifer' release this year though.

But you never know... 

Jan 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM Post #5,104 of 29,662
My top albums (in no particular order)  for 2011 are: 

1. Aurora Borealis: Timeline: The Beginning And End Of Everything
  2. Turisas: Stand Up and Fight
  3. Warbringer: Worlds Torn Asunder
  4. Nightbringer: Hierophany Of The Open Grave
  5. Panzerchrist: Regiment Ragnarok
  6. Iron Savior: Landing
  7. ChthoniC: Takasago Army
  8. Obscura: Omnivium
  9. Blut Aus Nord : 777 Desanctification
  10. Powerwolf: Blood of the Saints

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:34 AM Post #5,105 of 29,662

Quote:
I think you guys should check this out:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1394383/

The documentary is about Keenan and his friend starting a Winery in Arizona.

Keenan pretty much states that there might not be any other 'Tool' or 'A Perfect Circle' album. There was a 'Puscifer' release this year though.

But you never know... 

Tool stated new album release for may 21 2012.

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:10 AM Post #5,106 of 29,662

Quote:
Tool stated new album release for may 21 2012.

Hmmm. The documentary is from early 2010 and the way Maynard Keenan spoke, it made me feel that he didn't care too much about Tool or APC( Not in a bad way).

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM Post #5,107 of 29,662
so i know its the metal thread, and we should only talk about metal. But im curious what were all you metal fans favorite non metal releases of the year?

mine would be

Born this Way - Lady Gaga
Killing Time - Bayside
With Beating Hearts ST EP

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #5,108 of 29,662

Quote:
so i know its the metal thread, and we should only talk about metal. But im curious what were all you metal fans favorite non metal releases of the year?

mine would be

Killing Time - Bayside

I don't know this genre which is non metal you speak of. It is no doubt inferior to metal in every way.

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #5,109 of 29,662

Quote:

mine would be

Killing Time - Bayside

One that I remember now:

Amplifier - The Octopus

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #5,110 of 29,662

mine would be

Killing Time - Bayside

Soup, I say this with a lot of thread love...

Leprous - Bilateral

Alright, just kidding, just kidding...

Jan 2, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #5,112 of 29,662

Quote:

mine would be

Killing Time - Bayside

Lady Ga Ga is a great way to tell others your not a Narrow Minded Budweiser drinking, High-top-basketball-straight-legged-blue-jean-mullet-sporting,Tight-black-leather-jacket wearing Metalhead!          I may be?

I don't have enough time anymore to listen to non-metal. There are only so many albums you can hear in a lifetime. If I ever get bored with current metal then I just go back and get into old metal like this.....................

Jan 2, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #5,115 of 29,662

Quote:

The Dear Hunter - The Color Spectrum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back