Lets Talk Metal
Jun 22, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #3,391 of 29,660

Quote:
Does anyone has a recommendation regarding a band when it comes down to Industrial metal like Rammstein and Marilyn Manson?
Thanks in advance!

hanzel und gretyl

Jun 23, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #3,392 of 29,660

Quote:
Depends which era of White Zombie, and frankly which era of Rob Zombie. WZ's early stuff is really much more thrash oriented, but Astro-Creep and the remix album are not that different from Hellbilly Deluxe. The Sinister Urge was a bit more rock than metal, and Educated Horses and HBD 2 are really not industrial at all. Or good albums.

As for Insanus, there is such a thing as "so bad its good". Insanus is not that thing.

Astro-Creep in my opinion is still part of the classical era of White Zombie.  As a result, should not be lumped in with the Rob Zombie era.  I have not heard HBD 2 so I can't comment regarding its metal taxonomy but *most* Rob Zombie fans I know consider his solo work to be industrial metal.

Frankly, I am in your boat, I think pretty much it all went downhill post White Zombie which is a shame.  I am a big believer that La Sexorcisto is an absolute must listen to metal album.

Jun 23, 2011 at 11:29 AM Post #3,393 of 29,660

Quote:
Astro-Creep in my opinion is still part of the classical era of White Zombie.  As a result, should not be lumped in with the Rob Zombie era.  I have not heard HBD 2 so I can't comment regarding its metal taxonomy but *most* Rob Zombie fans I know consider his solo work to be industrial metal.

Frankly, I am in your boat, I think pretty much it all went downhill post White Zombie which is a shame.  I am a big believer that La Sexorcisto is an absolute must listen to metal album.

I actually enjoy Astro-Creep the most of Zombie's work. It was much heavier and darker than Sexorcisto, and I listened to it constantly as a teenager. Blood Milk and Sky in particular I thought was brilliant, and it still holds up very well.

Jun 24, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #3,394 of 29,660
Picked up my new Audio-Technica ES10s today - the short of it is these are DAMN good metal cans folks. Listening to Monolith as I type this on my HM-801, and the sound is great even though they are only a few hours old. They aren't soundstage champs (small and sealed, no real surprise), and I wouldn't recommend them over the DT1350 for classical or jazz listeners, but for metal, oh yeah. The sound right now is sort of a "D" shape, rather than the much more typical "U" shape of most sealed headphones. The bass was overwhelming fresh out of the box, but calmed down quite a bit after only a half hour or so. Unlike the D2000, it doesn't sound muddy or bloated, and it doesn't roll over the mids. If I have a complaint it's that the highs are a little too dark and laid back. They are very forgiving of bright recordings, but I would like just a bit more up top. Hopefully the top end will open up more after more break-in, and I will probably re-cable them as well.

If any of you guys are in the market for a portable headphone, definitely check these out.

Jun 24, 2011 at 5:55 PM Post #3,396 of 29,660

Quote:
@ DaveBSC

If I may ask, where did you end up buying the ES10s from? You have really piqued my interest with saying they are a good can for metal...

I got them from Accessory Jack for $370, which is a decent price. They are quite a bit more efficient than the DT1350 and get plenty loud straight from my Cowon S9 but the sound is a bit closed-in and grainy, and they definitely respond to a better source and amp like the HM-801.

Jun 25, 2011 at 1:12 AM Post #3,397 of 29,660

Albums like this make me feel lucky.

Jun 25, 2011 at 4:50 AM Post #3,399 of 29,660
Maybe the word should be grateful
Grateful for it to exist

Jun 28, 2011 at 2:11 PM Post #3,400 of 29,660
For earlier Rammstein lover; Swedish band Raubtier, I love them way more than Rammstein..

Also, to OP (though I doubt he'll read this), WHERE'S MY PAGAN AND FOLK METAL D:

Lastly, considering how many times I've read the name Jungle Rot on this forum, I have to check them out. In case they're good; thanks guys.

Jun 28, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #3,402 of 29,660
Isn't this one the worst recording you ever heard ? When i need a good laugh i just search for metal this bad.

Right now i'm listening to Monument to Time End by Twilight and i have to say it's a great piece of rather experimental and atmospheric black metal.

Jun 29, 2011 at 9:33 AM Post #3,403 of 29,660

Quote:
Isn't this one the worst recording you ever heard ? When i need a good laugh i just search for metal this bad.

Right now i'm listening to Monument to Time End by Twilight and i have to say it's a great piece of rather experimental and atmospheric black metal.

What is this I dont even...

Jun 29, 2011 at 10:09 AM Post #3,404 of 29,660

Quote:

That track sounds like my first band's first demo. :p GRIM KVLT NECRO ARYSK etc etc... 

Twilight! Amazing album! One of my favourite releases of last year. A pretty good headphone album as well! The guitar buzz is soooo intricately layered! 

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back