Lets Talk Metal
Apr 26, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #3,046 of 29,663

Quote:
I've become more and more and fan of Animals as Leaders, an instrumental, progressive metal band from the US. I like the recording/production as well, really clean and good sounding metal.

I like the album but the production puts me off. Horrible snare sound (sibilant, too much of a trigger sound) and the rhythm guitars sound extremely processed. Matter of taste I suppose.

Apr 26, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #3,049 of 29,663

Quote:
I like the album but the production puts me off. Horrible snare sound (sibilant, too much of a trigger sound) and the rhythm guitars sound extremely processed. Matter of taste I suppose.

I listened to that album a few times and for me it just got boring very quickly. The songs all blend together and it's hard to tell one from another.

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:02 PM Post #3,050 of 29,663

Quote:
Coroner live in Lausanne, SWI, 23/04/2011

@ Trogdor, just listen to Internal Conflicts.  If you still don't feel it, you probably never will.

Fantastic.  Loved it.  Would love to see them live.

On a side note, I saw one of my all time favorites, Sepultura.  Yes they don't have Max/Igor.  So what, they were AWESOME. Here is a clip from their current tour (I was not in Toronto) of their new song which kicks arse. I am actually looking forward to the new album in June.

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:06 PM Post #3,051 of 29,663

Quote:
I listened to that album a few times and for me it just got boring very quickly. The songs all blend together and it's hard to tell one from another.

Ditto.  I listened to the whole album on YouTube and it did nothing for me.

On a side note, Dave, at the Sepultura show, a really solid Norwegian black metal band played called Keep of Kalessin opened up (they were one of 4 opening acts, no offense to anyone, but everyone else was sub-par).

Ever hear of them?  Again. they were excellent live.

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #3,052 of 29,663

Quote:
so after waiting for almost a month for it to get here from poland, my awesome Behemoth t-shirt finally made it!! also, all the metals ive bought in the last couple months

Not a fan of Behemoth but that is an awesome shirt.  Where did you get it?  (official web shop or is there a place that sells cool metal shirts)

Apr 26, 2011 at 4:32 PM Post #3,053 of 29,663

Quote:

On a side note, Dave, at the Sepultura show, a really solid Norwegian black metal band played called Keep of Kalessin opened up (they were one of 4 opening acts, no offense to anyone, but everyone else was sub-par).

They are probably most famous for "selling out" and appearing on the Eurovision Song Contest.

The guys are really cool tho', met them a couple of times and they've allways been nice and humble.

Apr 26, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #3,055 of 29,663

Quote:

Ever hear of them?  Again. they were excellent live.

Yeah I'm not really a huge fan, I tend to get bored with the excessive use of blast beats, same reason why a lot of brutal death doesn't appeal to me. The Eurovision thing doesn't bother me at all, but the song they played was total crap.

Apr 26, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #3,056 of 29,663

new obscura.....heck yeah!
Quote:
so after waiting for almost a month for it to get here from poland, my awesome Behemoth t-shirt finally made it!! also, all the metals ive bought in the last couple months

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #3,059 of 29,663

Quote:
yep! i love the new obscura, which is kinda wierd cause i didnt really like the last cd they put out, Cosmogenesis.

You are no longer welcome in this thread, get out. 
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2011 at 2:53 AM Post #3,060 of 29,663
We played with Keep of Kalessin a while back, we were both supporting Morbid Angel. Great guys and the drummer is very proficient. I only really loved "Armada" though. Their later albums never stuck with me, although the newest "Reptile" is growing on me. This is my all-time favourite KoK track:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back