Lets Talk Metal
Apr 19, 2011 at 10:03 AM Post #3,016 of 29,661

Quote:

It's been 11 long years and now the world will see the return of Burzum.

I love Belus, but I cant get into Fallen. I just keep getting the impression that Varg is trying something and tries it way too hard. I dont like it.

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:46 PM Post #3,017 of 29,661

Quote:

I love Belus, but I cant get into Fallen. I just keep getting the impression that Varg is trying something and tries it way too hard. I dont like it.

I do not know what I think of Fallen, Belus felt so comfy like a familiar place that you visit from your past. It is like one of those recordings were you kind of know each note before they are played, then surprised by breaks but they fit perfect. I still remember how I could not understand his first couple of albums. They were a style of music that you had to get used to. If Fallen ends up just being contrived then it's contrived. I could never understand how any artist could keep putting out records like a machine. I have always felt that every human could only put out a hand full. I agree with you. The strange part to is I hear all these other influences in his music that were never there before. When you put on one of his early albums you were taken to an original feeling, an original style of music that never existed before. We are very lucky none the less!

Still I have never been able to make right away opinions on his work? Who knows why?

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:02 PM Post #3,019 of 29,661

Quote:
Which gender or type of metal the band named: 0peth ?

i do believe opeth is classified as progressive death metal. trust me they are one of my favorite bands.

Apr 20, 2011 at 1:49 PM Post #3,020 of 29,661
I'm not very into metal but I find this new Swedish group to be quite good and their debut album "Self-Titled" is quite good. I'd say it's something like melodic / power / speed metal.

Or check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y25snz83ms if you want to see the HOT looking female singer.

Apr 20, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #3,021 of 29,661

Quote:
I'm not very into metal but I find this new Swedish group to be quite good and their debut album "Self-Titled" is quite good. I'd say it's something like melodic / power / speed metal.

Or check http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y25snz83ms if you want to see the HOT looking female singer.

I think I'm with rehab on this one.  Waiting for his reaction!  :)

Apr 20, 2011 at 7:29 PM Post #3,023 of 29,661

Quote:

i know this might be a stereotype but your finnish right. if so how many people do you know who are metalheads. i know about 60% of my bands are finnish. finland rocks for music and is the land of metal imo.

ps i rather enjoyed that. but then again i am open to any metal genre.

Apr 20, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #3,024 of 29,661

Quote:
i know this might be a stereotype but your finnish right. if so how many people do you know who are metalheads. i know about 60% of my bands are finnish. finland rocks for music and is the land of metal imo.

ps i rather enjoyed that. but then again i am open to any metal genre.

It's true finns really are metalheads :p most of my friends or classmates listens to it but quite a lot also likes electronica. I'm personally only liking certain bands such as Nightwish and Within Temptation which aren't quite the typical metal really.

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #3,025 of 29,661
Haven't gone through the whole thread... Anything on Depressive Black Metal?

Apr 21, 2011 at 5:57 AM Post #3,026 of 29,661

Quote:

I've posted about quite some depressive/suicidal/experimental black metal in this thread, mostly stuff like Lurker of Chalice, Silencer, Old Wainds, Weakling, Leviathan and stuff like that. Now it's back to the folk metal guys though. :) If you pop in here once in a while you're bound to see something you're interested in. 

Apr 21, 2011 at 8:09 AM Post #3,028 of 29,661
Apr 21, 2011 at 11:01 AM Post #3,030 of 29,661

Quote:

Here! Well, not directly depressive but all ambient/atmospheric black metal which DSBM is (usually) part off. Anti, Coldworld, Evilfeast, Silencer (minus vocals. I hate them!), Elysian Blaze, Nortt (not purely blackmetal I know), all great bands that I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back