Lets Talk Metal
Jan 28, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #2,701 of 29,660
Hey guys, so this band is from a friend of mine (he's the keyboard player), and they just released their first album. I am not really into their core style, but they are not that bad. I don't like the vocals, but the guitar work is good.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540265991

Well, if you like it or you know about other people who might like it, then help and spread the word please. 

Just trying to help them somehow. I'd also appreciate feedback to tell him.

Jan 28, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #2,702 of 29,660

Quote:
Quote:
How about 80s thrash that was far outside the media's scope? I'm talking about stuff like Morbid Saint and Dark Angel. Reign in Blood might've been 'too fast,' but Darkness Descends was 'too fast; my ass.' 

huge Dark Angel fan here!, and speaking of Morbid Saint....I remember a great band in the same label called Gammacide!

Hmm, I'll keep them in mind. Glad somebody here knows what's up. ;D

Jan 29, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #2,704 of 29,660

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBSC /img/forum/go_quote.gif

play stuff that we've never heard them play live, at least not for 20 years anyway. How about Set The World Afire?

They did play Set The World Afire on That One Night, although I definitely understand your larger point.

Ah, yeah that's the one I don't have. I didn't like how the audience was going WOOOOAAAAAAAAOOHHH! Pretty much from beginning to end.

Jan 29, 2011 at 6:16 PM Post #2,705 of 29,660
Idem here, but well, if someone likes em, don't tell me I didn't spread the word :wink:

Quote:
Dreamshade are not exactly my cup of tea, but they are quite good in their style, I will give you that. I can see them becoming very popular in Mexico and Latin America, maybe the should try to tour here
wink.gif

Jan 30, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #2,711 of 29,660
And another song from my friend's band: Dreamshade.

Jan 31, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #2,712 of 29,660
Checking out Ulcerate some more and find that they are touring Aus in March; they gonna make my ears bleed.  I'm really impressed with their stuff.  It's so ****ing bleak it's inspirational.  Three piece bands are King.

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:42 PM Post #2,713 of 29,660

Quote:
rehabitat, Negankinu, Maza and whoever I missed out who likes face ripping BM. My mates released an EP of sorts which plays I daresay plays some ****ing great BM/Crust. Great contemporary stuff.

http://www.mediafire.com/?7ej3k3v0sxa89a9
Here's a link. Just spreading the word. I recommend it.

Downloading.

I'm not sure if I missed this, but has anyone mentioned that Burzum is making a new album? Album title is Fallen.

http://metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=75613&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Apparently this one is going to be more dynamic album though I have no idea if this means sound and production or something else. Even cover art is very Classical oriented. Interesting.

*edit* Also, has anyone heard Inquisition latest album? Sounds almost exactly like something written by Immortal, just winter and blashyrkh themes taken away. Very good stuff IMHO.

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #2,714 of 29,660
Some more death metal for you guys I've been listening to constantly almost and a few forgotten gems here and there also.

Flesh Consumed - Ecliptic Dimensions of Suffering - Fantastic brutal death.  Technical with bits of groove to keep it catchy.  Love it.

Epidemic - Exit Paradise - I haven't run into too many people that have heard this.  Its got thrash and groove in it.  I can't really put a genre to it but its good.

Fate of Icarus - Suffocate the Angels - Awesome deathgrind .  Been spinning this quite a bit.

Sorry biggest image I could find.

Blaspherian - Allegiance to the Will of Damnation - Murky a** death metal that brings back memories of Incantation's Onward to Golgotha.

So there's some stuff I've been spinning and enjoying lately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back