Lets Talk Metal
Jan 21, 2011 at 4:42 AM Post #2,672 of 29,660
Cool and thanks.  It's good to learn something new.  The pictures in the first video made them look pretty young.  I don't know what it is but many European bands have that certain layer of sophistication that bands from other continents don't possess as easily.

Jan 21, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #2,673 of 29,660
There is a video recording for a livegig Textures did for the Dutch public network television. It's beautiful footage. Can't seem to find it now though. If I run into it again I'll post it here. 

Oh, and I am seeing Forgotten Tomb play live this sunday! Hope they have that same vibe live as they do on their full length. 

Jan 22, 2011 at 5:14 AM Post #2,674 of 29,660
Moonsorrow has a pretty nice variety though. Some are more atmospheric songs but they have their fair share of the heavier ones as well.

Quote:
anyone enjoy Lamb of God, Celtic Frost, or Children of Bodom?

I find all of them to have great instrumental talent.

As to the above on folk metal, I have moderate taste for them. MoonSorrow is okay. It just tens to bug me in general when bands go too far into the folk genre without incorporating any heavier elements.

Jan 22, 2011 at 5:38 AM Post #2,675 of 29,660
Please post that link. I like it live.

"This song is dedicated to all the reeeal metallers, not the false metallers, you dig?"

Six-inch brass balls.

Jan 23, 2011 at 1:58 AM Post #2,676 of 29,660

Quote:
Cool and thanks.  It's good to learn something new.  The pictures in the first video made them look pretty young.  I don't know what it is but many European bands have that certain layer of sophistication that bands from other continents don't possess as easily.

why do you think 90% of my music comes from europe. they are teh kings of metal. especially norway sweden finland and germany.

Jan 23, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #2,677 of 29,660

Quote:
Quote:

why do you think 90% of my music comes from europe. they are teh kings of metal. especially norway sweden finland and germany.

I'm not sure that Germany is quite in the same league as the three Scandinavian neighbor countries in terms of metal output. I would probably put them in a second tier with Denmark and Great Britain. There is also some really vicious stuff out of Greece and France. 

Jan 24, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #2,678 of 29,660

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I'm not sure that Germany is quite in the same league as the three Scandinavian neighbor countries in terms of metal output. I would probably put them in a second tier with Denmark and Great Britain. There is also some really vicious stuff out of Greece and France. 

i agree but germany does have a lot of really good bands. most of europe is full of good metal. compared to here in canada and the usa they are way better.

Jan 26, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #2,682 of 29,660

Quote:
Quote:
Apparently the Big Four tour is coming to the US this year.  Woot.

Oh yeah, woot my a$$.  What an absolute joke on so many levels.  Its amazing, they can play several dates in Europe but one lousy date in CA home.  I say this as nicely as I can....W...T...F?

Eh. I presume Megadeth's set will be their standard fare. And the Metallica of 2011 live is a horror show. Look, gramps is still trying to play the guitar!

Jan 26, 2011 at 11:11 AM Post #2,683 of 29,660

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Apparently the Big Four tour is coming to the US this year.  Woot.

Oh yeah, woot my a$$.  What an absolute joke on so many levels.  Its amazing, they can play several dates in Europe but one lousy date in CA home.  I say this as nicely as I can....W...T...F?

Eh. I presume Megadeth's set will be their standard fare. And the Metallica of 2011 live is a horror show. Look, gramps is still trying to play the guitar!

Well true.

BUT as I understand it, Dave Mustaine, Kerry King and friends all play together toward the end.  I think that is worth the price of admission alone provided all are serious about it.  And given its a US show, I would suspect some other unexpected surprises (like it would be cool if Dave played lead guitar on a Metallica tune or Jeff/Kerry played High Speed Dirt double time!, etc.).

AND my guess is these concerts are being taped so I think all acts will be in top form whatever they do (except Rust, I saw it twice, its great but enough already).

I think this concert will be great even with Metallica stinking it up a bit (though if they stick to mostly older tunes, say Lightening, Puppets, and In Justice, it would be very very cool, throw in a tune or two from Magnetic, the Black Album etc. and I would enjoy it).

But not one East Coast date...how f'n lame....I guess now I know how the CA Rammstein fans felt with the MSG show.

Jan 26, 2011 at 12:27 PM Post #2,685 of 29,660

Quote:
I'd rather see the big german three: Sodom, Kreator, and Destruction and maybe some Tankard in the mix too. Always enjoyed european metal more.
very_evil_smiley.gif

agreed i would kill to see sodom and kreator.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back