Lets Talk Metal
Mar 30, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #1,083 of 29,660
just got their album massive aggressive, so far so good
smily_headphones1.gif
also the last couple of listens have really pulled it together for me on Resurrection by Chimaira

oh wow, all these songs are super short, which is awesome lol they cant ever get old or outstay their welcome

Mar 31, 2010 at 10:21 PM Post #1,086 of 29,660
The new Alcest album is out. It's really good so far, I'm bout half way into it. Too bad the first press of the record was on picLP, gonna have to wait for the second batch for a regular press. check it out guys

Apr 1, 2010 at 10:49 AM Post #1,087 of 29,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Animals as Leaders is pretty much the best Instrumental progressive metal/jazz fusion band ever.

though now that i think about it, they may be the only ones haha

Exivious would like to have a word with you, sir.
wink_face.gif

Apr 1, 2010 at 12:13 PM Post #1,088 of 29,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by Azathoth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exivious would like to have a word with you, sir.
wink_face.gif

oh wow, thanks for the heads up azathoth
biggrin.gif
i honestly didnt think anyone else existed in the genre haha its promising for sure, it'll take quite a bit to beat out Animals as leaders though.

Apr 1, 2010 at 3:47 PM Post #1,089 of 29,660
Well, Cormorant is a genre-bending revelation. Melodic death/black metal + NWOBHM + a smattering of prog and folk touches here and there. The alternating clean and harsh vocal passages (harmonizing in some parts) are impeccably done without feeling too gimmicky.

cormorant_cd1.jpg

The majestic cover artwork fits well with nature-themed lyricism of their debut '09 release "Metazoa".

Apr 1, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #1,091 of 29,660
LOL, April fools! The Filmet forums are like a ghost town today, lots of people have been sending me enraged messages about that gag page thinking it was for real.

It's just a little overboard (also quite hilarious) how our tr00 forum regulars are really that passionate about their dislike for the emo-dominated Rakista forums.

Apr 1, 2010 at 4:13 PM Post #1,092 of 29,660
Azathoth, we should talk more
biggrin.gif
I really like the bands you share with us.

Speaking of which, have you heard Pitbulls In The Nursery and Sikth, oh and forgot about Canvas Solaris

EDIT: Oh yeah, just bought a limited edition Exivious CD.
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #1,093 of 29,660
exivious is more jazzy then animals as leaders for sure, but its still good
smily_headphones1.gif
and different enough from what i usually listen to

bullseye, im thinking of doing the same thing, only thing holding me back was the 30 dollar price tag haha

oh and for some reason i decided to check out Cannibal corpse, becuase i think it was maza in the thrash metal can thread, which i was reading last night, mentioned one of their songs, so i decided to get their cd kill, which is pretty darn good. Also, behemoth's newest cd, Evangelion, is pretty good too!

So much new metal the last week or so
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back