Lets Talk Metal
Mar 28, 2010 at 2:21 PM Post #1,066 of 29,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody like Amon Amarth? I got a used 3 DVD live set, Wrath of the Norsemen, and it's pretty good. The lead singer needs to wear a shirt though. Synchronized hair whipping is teh gheyness also.

Dude, Amon Amarth is one of my fav bands. I like the synchronized hair spinning, especially when crowd is with them, sort of suits the tremolo melody line they play at same time. Yeah, it might seem bit cheesy, but AA do not take themselves that seriously. But I agree about the shirt thing. He should either wear a T-shirt, OR start doing some workouts to burn that beerstomach away and turn it to muscles. Much more Viking that way.
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #1,067 of 29,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by nhancakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Without a doubt check out Lazarus AD. I just came back from the Kreator show and they were the 2nd band on, and they really tore the place down. Absolutely loved them.

3rd-ed. Saw Lazarus A.D. open for Testament last year; pretty awesome stuff! Plus, they're from Kenosha, WI, which isn't too far from me
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 8:29 PM Post #1,069 of 29,660
Yeah, great bands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by patalp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone listen to Animals as Leaders or Periphery / Bulb?

EDIT: Right now I am plistening to Visceral Bleeding, and sometimes some of Into Eternity

Mar 28, 2010 at 9:04 PM Post #1,070 of 29,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dude, Amon Amarth is one of my fav bands. I like the synchronized hair spinning, especially when crowd is with them, sort of suits the tremolo melody line they play at same time. Yeah, it might seem bit cheesy, but AA do not take themselves that seriously. But I agree about the shirt thing. He should either wear a T-shirt, OR start doing some workouts to burn that beerstomach away and turn it to muscles. Much more Viking that way.
biggrin.gif

beer belly is the very metal! he needs the fat for the winter. you guys are too used to manowar!

Mar 28, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #1,072 of 29,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by nhancakes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
beer belly is the very metal! he needs the fat for the winter. you guys are too used to manowar!

Hmmm... Point taken. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 11:05 PM Post #1,074 of 29,660
Between The Buried And Me ain't instrumental but they have some progressive metal/jazz/various genres mix which is quite unique.

The album Colors is magnificent.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Animals as Leaders is pretty much the best Instrumental progressive metal/jazz fusion band ever.

though now that i think about it, they may be the only ones haha

Note: I don't really care if BTBAM is not on Metal Archives as it also happens with Protest The Hero and other bands, because these guys are truly talented and for us music lovers that is what's important.

Mar 29, 2010 at 5:09 AM Post #1,075 of 29,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by plonter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my favourite in the last couple of weeks ia the album-"Rumulus" from Ex Deo.
really powerfull death metal experience. I like the powerful sound of the album and also the powerful words. anyone know this album?

Yes, I am also a fan of Romulus.

Mar 29, 2010 at 2:41 PM Post #1,078 of 29,660
Atheist, haven't listened to them much, will have to get back to them.

So now a list of some bands I have been listening lately:

Anata
Draconian
Gorgutus
Illogicist
Into Eternity
Kronos
Pan.thy.monium

You should check them out. Some of you guys might like Pan.Thy.Monium.

And some others like Obscura and Neuraxis that have been mentioned before.

Also at the time of typing I listened to a great song from an awesome Melodic Death metal called Skyfire

Users who are viewing this thread

Back