Lets Talk Metal
Mar 25, 2010 at 1:05 PM Post #1,051 of 29,660
Anybody like Amon Amarth? I got a used 3 DVD live set, Wrath of the Norsemen, and it's pretty good. The lead singer needs to wear a shirt though. Synchronized hair whipping is teh gheyness also.

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:13 PM Post #1,052 of 29,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moontan13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody like Amon Amarth? I got a used 3 DVD live set, Wrath of the Norsemen, and it's pretty good. The lead singer needs to wear a shirt though. Synchronized hair whipping is teh gheyness also.

haha i love amon amarth, at least from WooS on i do. And the synchronized hair whipping is what makes them the real life version of dethklok
tongue.gif

Mar 25, 2010 at 1:50 PM Post #1,053 of 29,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cianyx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No love for To Mega Therion? Seriously, that album slay heaps.

Oh yah I like that one. Morbid Tales too

Mar 25, 2010 at 11:51 PM Post #1,054 of 29,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Monotheist is a great album!

Fido2,
What genre is that new Jason Newsted band?

Voivod? They've been around a long time. Jason is a relatively new member. They are listed as thrash metal but this latest "Infini" album is kinda, Alice Coopery and alternative sounding sometimes also....it's not bad.

I never really listened to the Monotheist album for some reason. It just slipped under my radar. I always liked To Mega Therion though which was B4 Pandemonium.

Yeah this latest Triptykon is off the hook. Really good album. I likes it
biggrin.gif

Mar 26, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #1,055 of 29,660
Gotta a good weekend coming up: testament,exodus and megadeth on friday night and then kreator,kataklysm,lazarus AD,evile and lightning swords of death on saturday night

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #1,056 of 29,660
Quote:

Youtube Tyr live to see real Viking bodies.

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:24 AM Post #1,057 of 29,660
Quote:

Love them and agree about the hair thing. I may go see them in Chicago next month.

Mar 27, 2010 at 4:19 AM Post #1,058 of 29,660
So im realizing that i want to get into some more modern Thrash and groove metal, ive heard at least one song that i liked from each of the following bands, Machine Head, Shadows Fall, and Chimaira. Do you reccomend those are have any other suggestions for me? i really like the new Lamb of God cd Wrath, and Ashes of the Wake is pretty good too.

Mar 27, 2010 at 10:40 AM Post #1,060 of 29,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by Volkum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love them and agree about the hair thing. I may go see them in Chicago next month.

Nice! They seem to be skipping Denver, as to seems to happen more oftener.

Mar 27, 2010 at 12:03 PM Post #1,061 of 29,660
If you are looking for thrash-groove, go check out Mastodon. There are other good bands from those genres I now don't remember, so someone else will have to help you out with that one ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So im realizing that i want to get into some more modern Thrash and groove metal, ive heard at least one song that i liked from each of the following bands, Machine Head, Shadows Fall, and Chimaira. Do you reccomend those are have any other suggestions for me? i really like the new Lamb of God cd Wrath, and Ashes of the Wake is pretty good too.

Mar 28, 2010 at 8:27 AM Post #1,062 of 29,660
my favourite in the last couple of weeks ia the album-"Rumulus" from Ex Deo.
really powerfull death metal experience. I like the powerful sound of the album and also the powerful words. anyone know this album?

Mar 28, 2010 at 8:31 AM Post #1,063 of 29,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bullseye /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you are looking for thrash-groove, go check out Mastodon. There are other good bands from those genres I now don't remember, so someone else will have to help you out with that one ^^

it seems like from what i wrote i should love mastadon i know, but for some reason i can never get into them, and ive tried several times, with both blood mountain and crack the skye, i guess they just arent for me
redface.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 8:33 AM Post #1,064 of 29,660
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Without a doubt check out Lazarus AD. I just came back from the Kreator show and they were the 2nd band on, and they really tore the place down. Absolutely loved them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back