Lets Talk Metal
Sep 21, 2009 at 6:14 PM Post #466 of 29,687
I left Megadeth for a long time.I am a "rust in peace and Peace Sells...But Who's Buying" era dude.
I am gonna check this one out though.

Sep 21, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #467 of 29,687
I just started listening to Endgame and so far so good. If the first 2 tracks are any indicator, this is going to be an excellent album.

Sep 22, 2009 at 5:34 AM Post #470 of 29,687
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mustis and Vortex have left Dimmu Borgir!
BLABBERMOUTH.NET - DIMMU BORGIR Splits With Keyboardist MUSTIS, Bassist/Vocalist VORTEX

Very interesting development to say the least. It is good news to me, as I am very excited at the chance for an Arcturus reunion. They are a damn good band, and I was bummed about their disbandment earlier. Here's to hoping for good news on that front...

Sep 23, 2009 at 4:43 PM Post #471 of 29,687
Has anyone heard this band ? Diablo Swing Orchestra - The Butcher's Ballroom

Their first full-lenght can be downloaded for free, it's some interesting avant-garde stuff...similar to bands like Unexpect or Ephel Duat, but more melodic and accessible.

Decent production and sound quality overall.

Sep 23, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #472 of 29,687
Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtonowhere08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very interesting development to say the least. It is good news to me, as I am very excited at the chance for an Arcturus reunion. They are a damn good band, and I was bummed about their disbandment earlier. Here's to hoping for good news on that front...

The Dimmus rather long response is hilarious to read. What an a**holes! Whining like a baby. Blaming them for being lazyness too (Errr, I though Mustis wrote all keyboard parts, did all the orchestrations and so on? Might be wrong though) and what not. Even Vortex, who was rather diplomatic in his comment IMO, gets a lot of crap thrown on his back.

Sep 23, 2009 at 10:35 PM Post #473 of 29,687
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks Megadeth's new "Endgame" album is superb. I absolutely love it.

What about DeadXheaD -- has anyone heard the full CD from this Russian band? They're influenced by Megadeth, it seems, but check out the song "Maximum" -- it's got some catchy riffs. I'm ordering the CD, but the only place I found to buy it is in the U.K., so it's going to be a couple of weeks until it shows up.

Sep 23, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #474 of 29,687
Quote:

The Dimmus rather long response is hilarious to read. What an a**holes! Whining like a baby. Blaming them for being lazyness too (Errr, I though Mustis wrote all keyboard parts, did all the orchestrations and so on? Might be wrong though) and what not. Even Vortex, who was rather diplomatic in his comment IMO, gets a lot of crap thrown on his back.

Got a link? I like a good laugh
wink.gif

Sep 24, 2009 at 1:42 PM Post #475 of 29,687
Sep 24, 2009 at 6:58 PM Post #477 of 29,687
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Their first full-lenght can be downloaded for free, it's some interesting avant-garde stuff...similar to bands like Unexpect or Ephel Duat, but more melodic and accessible.

My roommate just introduced me to them. I am hooked. The second album is great as well.

Sep 26, 2009 at 5:07 AM Post #478 of 29,687
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I really enjoy that album, and the new one they just put out this week, "Sing-Along Songs for the Damned and Delirious."

Sep 26, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #480 of 29,687
Quote:

Here. Its VERY long though. How did they even come up with that much text complaining and whining about these two guys? They must have been really bad.
biggrin.gif

BLABBERMOUTH.NET - DIMMU BORGIR: 'We Have Put Up With Unprofessionalism And Bad Live Performances For Years'

I am very sad to say that I read the whole damn thing. What a bitchfest and the beginning never seemed to go anywhere. I could give two craps about DB, because Shagrath's vocals are absolute garbage. I found a reply on the site that sums up my take nicely:

"Shagrath is such a hypocrite for accusing Mustis and Vortex of bad performances! Over the last 5 years, he's devolved into just putting loads of effects on his microphone and ripping off Abbath's muttering vocal style, which is much lazier than how he used to scream. Also when they play live, he constantly shouts "Oi Oi Oi Oi Oi!" all the time, thus totally ruining the great keyboard parts!

Shagrath/Silenoz must be difficult to get on with, because of the sheer turnover of band members, even though the line-up seemed to stabilise in the past few years. Seems a bit like a Dani Filth situation, although not quite as extreme. ALL the band members are cocky, not just Vortex/Mustis, it just seems to me that Shagrath/Silenoz were annoyed that every band member was getting equal attention for their talents, probably because they wanted to hog all the glory for themselves.

To claim credit for "putting Mustis and Vortex where they are today" is absolutely ridiculous! Dimmu Borgir weren't even that big when Vortex and Mustis joined and it was THEIR input that made the band as big as it is today. Lots of people have posted that they could "only tolerate Dimmu because of Vortex's vocals" so he was clearly one of the main selling points of the band! It's funny how the keyboard parts suddenly got 1,000 times better when Mustis joined too.

I can totally understand why Vortex/Mustis may not have given 100% on stage because when you're part of a band that doesn't split the money equally, where you're treated like a commodity and your talents aren't recognised, how can you get motivated to put your heart and soul into every performance?

Good for you Mustis, for holding on to your OWN material for the new Dimmu album! It seems Silenoz/Shagrath are crapping their pants now because they've realised that they don't have the skills to write songs as well as you and Vortex can. Vortex and Mustis should do their own project now...
"

You gotta admit though, Vortex smashing a bottle on his head and forgetting his bass is pretty odd and funny at the same time
biggrin.gif

Screw DB, bring on Arcturus!!!

Meliboeus: gonna check out Diablo Swing Orchestra as soon as I can...

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back