Lets Talk Metal
Aug 29, 2009 at 12:28 PM Post #451 of 29,663
I just saw Hatebreed with Toxic Holocaust, Winds of Plague, Dying Fetus and Chimaira. Awesome show! To be honest Fetus and Chimaira stole the show. Hatebreed played about 30 minutes and left....wth?
Going to see Metallica/LOG next month! This will be my 2nd LOG show this summer...those guys jam

Sep 1, 2009 at 6:53 PM Post #454 of 29,663
Mustis and Vortex have left Dimmu Borgir!
BLABBERMOUTH.NET - DIMMU BORGIR Splits With Keyboardist MUSTIS, Bassist/Vocalist VORTEX

This is actually good thing IMO. Not sure about Mustis (he is a good keyboardist thats for sure) but Simen was criminally under-used talent in Dimmu. It would be interesting why they left (or were fired?) but birds are telling that there has been long disagreements between the members.

One thing is sure. Dimmu Borgir has one helluva gap to fill if they intent to continue this line of music they are doing. But hopefully they would stop for a while, get their act together and think again what kind of music they should make.

Sep 1, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #455 of 29,663
Message from Mustis in his myspace page. It is private page but people who have access to it made this public. Sounds quite deep. I wonder how Vortex fits in all this.

"Attention to all the worldwide fans of my work with Dimmu Borgir, I feel that I must begin my note to you all by saying that your dedication and interest in my musical work with Dimmu Borgir has been greatly appreciated by me for many, many years and you all have motivated me to continue to push the creative envelope farther each and every day. You might be able to see where this note is heading and if you are thinking correctly you will know that I am informing you all that I am no longer associated with the band and have left the ranks of Dimmu Borgir effective immediately.

My departure was not entirely of my own accord and while I had felt this change was something imminent for my future, my time had been spent addressing the fact that many songs written by me had not been registered properly under my name in their credits. Without naming every single track, let us just say that a good majority of albums like "Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia" and " In Sorte Diaobli" would have been vastly different had I not composed and created as much as I actually did. Sadly, based on terrible gaps in the communication process and a failure to find logical rationale for why this had been done this way found me hitting wall after wall as opposed to finding a professional and reasonable solution to the problem. My inquiries and investigation into the issues which I wished to resolve and move on from would in the end find me being fired from the group. No discussions about it, just "goodbye" (via text message).

I can say to you that this was not a new dispute and is something that has been going on for some years and since these are my individual creative rights and work that are being denied of me, we shall now let the resolution come from the lawyers instead of dealing with more dishonesty and lies on a one on one personal level. On this I cannot say anymore because we will be walking into sticky legal territory.

I mentioned earlier that my fans have motivated me to create great music again and again and they should know that I will continue to do this and shall return to them in the not too distant future with material that I hope will keep their Metal needs fed. In advance I will say that I thank you for notes and texts of support and ask that you please understand that there is not much more I can say on this, nor will be able to answer every single message that I get. I ask you to please keep tabs on my official MySpace page (links are below). I will do my best to post what I am legally allowed to share with you so you remain informed"

Here is a metal-archives thread following this issue.
http://metal-archives.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=55970

*edit*

Simens words:

"I've really enjoyed the ride, the Dimmu years have been awesome.
I look forward to concentrating fully on my own project now, and
the opening possibility to resurrect a band or three.

A special thanks to all the crazy and lovely people I have met on
the road with Dimmu over the years, for the support from so many of
you,
and for the continuing interest in my musical projects.
I will always treasure the albums and the brotherhood as it was
before the cabin-fever,music industry and greed went Metallica on
our asses.

My support goes to Mustis, the true creative force in Dimmu for the
last ten years,and his rightful legal chase."

From the same source:

"Greetings Vortexians,

I think that now is the right time to post some news on the future music plans of I.C.S. Vortex.Smile

Simen will have a meeting with Lamented Souls in mid September to plan a new release and a few gigs in norway.

There is another meeting also planned with Arcturus members to discuss about the future of the band and a possible reunite.
Nothing's for certain yet but keep visiting back the page as more announcements will take place about Simen's projects in the very near future!Wink

Vortex on!

The Vortex WebFreak"

Lamented Souls is good, but my head would explode from awesomeness if Arcturus does a reunion! AND make a good albums of course. Their last album wasnt too amazing.

Sep 17, 2009 at 7:06 PM Post #456 of 29,663
The New Dying Fetus "Descend Into Depravity" album is insane. Anyone else got it yet?

Saw Metallica, LOG and Gojira Monday night. Metallica put on a good show, flames, fireballs, lasers...good tunes but not enough old school. Anyway, Gojira and LOG sounded lame because I guess Metallica won't let them play as loudly as they do to avoid competition...? In other words you could barely hear Gojira and LOG but Metallica raped my ear drums...LOG is pretty big time and I KNOW they have the gear to jam that loud(because I just saw them back in May and they KILLED) so I am assuming Metallica told them to keep the volume down ?

Sep 20, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #458 of 29,663
Am I imagining things..............
or is this one of the best Megadeth albums ever made, new album is killer!

616mPvyNjAL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Sep 20, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #459 of 29,663
Whoa...have not heard it yet. But they are comig in concert soon with Machinehead so I will try to get to that. Thanks for the heads up DA...I will pick up the new Megadeth CD unless there is a vinyl LP. Has anyone heard the vinyl? Good SQ?

Sep 21, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #460 of 29,663
Endgame is by far Dave's best release since Rust in Peace! The SQ is not great, but it's far better than Death Magnetic
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 21, 2009 at 1:17 PM Post #461 of 29,663
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I imagining things..............
or is this one of the best Megadeth albums ever made, new album is killer!

616mPvyNjAL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

You are not, this album really is a killer!
eek.gif
I have paid very little attention to Megadeth (to me they were always a clear second compared to Metallica) but this time Megadeth takes the cake EASILY. Holy hell this album is quality!

Quote:

Endgame is by far Dave's best release since Rust in Peace! The SQ is not great

I sort of disagree. I think it sounds really good, perfect for Thrash Metal album. Andy Sneap did a good job, perfect mixture of "modern loudness" without going overkill and no distortion that I can notice easily. Thrash isnt very rich in dynamics anyway so loudness boost and dynamic compression doesnt really damage the music, might even make it more "thrashing".

Sep 21, 2009 at 2:59 PM Post #462 of 29,663
Got Endgame last week ... as usual bought it at an expensive price. Seems the local record store frequently discounts discs AFTER I have bought them. Damn.

Anyway, Endgame is good, though I think I still prefer Peace Sells (although the SQ is awful on that album).

Sep 21, 2009 at 4:23 PM Post #464 of 29,663
I definitely like it better than say United Abominations or even Countdown to Extinction. The best tracks, however, aren't are killer as the best tracks on Peace Sells or Rust In Peace. I really like mean riffs ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back