Lets Talk Metal
Feb 23, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #22,591 of 29,655
Rituals by Rotting Christ (one of my favorite bands) was a ritualistic experience.

Not really on the same level as many of their other albums (there are even rehashed riffs and leads), but interesting nonetheless.

Listen to the part at 3:20 in this track! That's my favorite moment on the album.

Feb 23, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #22,592 of 29,655
I don't want to offend by wading into someone else's discussion but Stormblast (as opposed to stromblast) is one of my favourite DB albums, so atmospheric and bloomberg kills it on the drums... I became a fan with death cult and subsequently retraced, that album to me encompasses all that Borgir should be

original is better m8

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:28 PM Post #22,593 of 29,655
I came in Death Cult Armageddon. Not a huge fan, but when I'm in the mood for candelabras, coffins and dripping fangs I enjoy Spiritual Black Dimensions and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropic. I think they have to be given some credit for their fusion of metal and symphonic elements in a style that was once pretty unique.

Feb 23, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #22,594 of 29,655
  I came in Death Cult Armageddon. Not a huge fan, but when I'm in the mood for candelabras, coffins and dripping fangs I enjoy Spiritual Black Dimensions and Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropic. I think they have to be given some credit for their fusion of metal and symphonic elements in a style that was once pretty unique.

hehe. Your post reminds me of a few things.

First, this amazing (and so metal!) scene from Futurama:

"Hail science!" XD

Also, my new avatar is slightly vampirish.

I really need to get more into symphonic metal in general.

Feb 24, 2016 at 4:01 AM Post #22,595 of 29,655
I believe this is Cynics last show with Sean Meinert.
Great setlist and amazing quality.

Check out some of the other videos on the channel. Some very interesting stuff right there :D

Feb 24, 2016 at 4:43 AM Post #22,596 of 29,655
Zhrine - Unortheta will definitely be worth checking out when it's released on April 8th if you're a Gorguts - Colored Sands or Ulcerate fan. I'm not saying they're as good as either of those two bands, but the song they have up sounds like some pretty interesting discordant death metal.

https://zhrine.bandcamp.com/track/spewing-gloom
https://zhrine.bandcamp.com/album/unortheta

Feb 24, 2016 at 5:05 AM Post #22,597 of 29,655
[VIDEO]. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz-6BgsmYe4 [/VIDEO]

Like this more and more, top five year end list material!

Feb 24, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #22,598 of 29,655

Like this more and more, top five year end list material!

I'm going to pick this one up for sure when I see the CD price drop on Amazon a few bucks.

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #22,599 of 29,655
 I'm going to pick this one up for sure when I see the CD price drop on Amazon a few bucks.

Didn't want to say anything first as most Immortal has taken awhile to click with me. I can promise you Black Metal glory by about listen 4 or 5.:money_mouth:

Feb 24, 2016 at 7:53 AM Post #22,600 of 29,655
Zhrine - Unortheta will definitely be worth checking out when it's released on April 8th if you're a Gorguts - Colored Sands or Ulcerate fan. I'm not saying they're as good as either of those two bands, but the song they have up sounds like some pretty interesting discordant death metal.

https://zhrine.bandcamp.com/track/spewing-gloom
https://zhrine.bandcamp.com/album/unortheta

Thanks! I liked that Gorguts album. Also would somebody PLEASE change this black metal channel? One can only take so much phony viking, black/white face paint and goofy satanism. LMAO

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #22,601 of 29,655
I personally think that if you want to know a band, you have to hear all their stuff! :D

Wow, I come from a different era. A time when you heard a song on the radio and then decided if you liked the band's music.

We come from the same era. But for me, it was to hear a song on the radio, and then check out the band to hear if there were any good songs. Seriously, if the only song I heard from Sabbath was Paranoid, I'd be a different person listening to entirely different music. But once I heard "War Pigs"- totally different story.

It doesn't always work out that I like the band at all. For instance, I could not judge the Grateful Dead by the song, "Casey Jones". It took a whole album for me to discover that I can't stand anything about their music.

I still follow this strange practice to this day...

Feb 24, 2016 at 11:46 AM Post #22,602 of 29,655

The Dead have to be the most overated band ever.

Feb 24, 2016 at 12:10 PM Post #22,604 of 29,655
Also would somebody PLEASE change this black metal channel? One can only take so much phony viking, black/white face paint and goofy satanism. LMAO

LOL! I try to avoid posting corpse paint photos and the like when discussing BM. But just one, for old time's sake:

Averse Sefira were one of the few bands who did it right, in my opinion. The philosophy they shared in interviews was interesting.

The reviews of their (and many other bands') albums at this link are amazing.

Here is my favorite track by the band:

But um...I'm into all sorts of metal, so if you have a particular preference, I may be able to accommodate you.
tongue.gif

That photo reminds me of how my brother and I recently gave money to a hobo (or at least a guy with a sign) on the side of the street.

Feb 24, 2016 at 4:51 PM Post #22,605 of 29,655
Finally got around to checking Dystopia last night. It's solid but doesn't set the world afire. I'd say it's about on a par with Youthanasia (which makes it MD's best album in over 20 years); their 5th best album in my book. The sound is still too controlled and clinical for my liking - there's nothing of the raw thrash sound and unpredictability of SFSGSW or Peace Sells on Dystopia. I just don't think they've got it in them to make anything that good again.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back