Lets Talk Metal
Dec 11, 2015 at 7:43 PM Post #21,454 of 29,660
  Back on Ultimate Metal there was an "albums kicking your ass right now" thread. Maybe that could get incorporated in here or something? 

That's pretty much how I view it now!

Great lists by the way. Lots of great stuff...

Dec 12, 2015 at 2:40 AM Post #21,455 of 29,660
Dec 12, 2015 at 3:08 AM Post #21,456 of 29,660
Thanks for reminding about the A Forest Of Stars album! I listened to it once when I got it and decided it was a more cohesive album than the previous and the forgot about it for some reason >.<

On Myrkur, I kind of like it. The EP was pretty fine too.

Dec 12, 2015 at 6:59 AM Post #21,458 of 29,660

Sorry to say, I've barely heard any 2015 metal albums! I have thousands of albums on my external hard drive array, many of which I haven't even heard yet. I spend most of my listening sessions with stuff I've loved for awhile, and a small amount of them catching up with stuff I have that I either haven't heard yet or haven't heard in a long time. So I'll have to get around to it eventually when it comes to new music.

jesus i just got around to listening to wrath of the tyrant demo never mind 2015.
eek.gif

Dec 12, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #21,459 of 29,660
  Thanks for reminding about the A Forest Of Stars album! I listened to it once when I got it and decided it was a more cohesive album than the previous and the forgot about it for some reason >.<

On Myrkur, I kind of like it. The EP was pretty fine too.

I would call it a sleeper. I probibly listened to it too much?I was sick of it, then went back to it. It is good background music too!

It came out the first of the year, so that was a while ago? A year ago!

Dec 12, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #21,460 of 29,660
Dec 12, 2015 at 12:58 PM Post #21,461 of 29,660
Most hated 2015 release Myrkur M -10 out of 1-10. Would love to throw this out of a car window.

I might have to call you out on this one
very_evil_smiley.gif
 I remember you liked it when it first came out. I didn't like it at first, but it's grown on me. I'm listening to it now. It's not great or anything. Yeah, I think you were posting about M and Ghost both of which I was look warm about on first listen. I think you said something about the novelty of Enya style vocals and BM. Fess up! hee-hee.

Dec 12, 2015 at 1:02 PM Post #21,462 of 29,660

My biggest issue with the new DtaDW is, well, the way I persistently compare it to Nux Vomica's s/t, which I regard as one of the singular masterpieces of the 2010s. Still working on it and trying to approach and appreciate the record (like other epic crust whatever permutations) as such without any comparisons.

Similarly, need to give more time and attention to the latest albums by Antigama, Black Breath, Immortal Bird. My expectations were admittedly somewhere up in the ionosphere.

I really like Torche's Restarter although it is not on par with the life-affirming thrilling joy of Harmonicraft. Then again, two different beasts.

I picked up their self titled 2014 (I think) release. Really great music, not what I expected from the cover. I thought it was going to be a grind or hardcore kind of album. But, it's fantastic...such a blend of styles. Didn't they break up?

Dec 12, 2015 at 4:55 PM Post #21,464 of 29,660
  Full discography of my favorite symphonic black metal band Limbonic Art.

I recommend starting out with Ad Noctum - Dynasty Of Death and The Ultimate Death Worship since they're more aggressive.

(I did not check for quality or completeness. May be missing some bonus tracks.)

In Abhorrence Dementia sounds very promising-appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back