Lets Talk Metal
Jun 25, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #19,606 of 29,656

So, back to metal...which metal bands do ya like?
bigsmile_face.gif

Here are some of my favorites.

Jun 25, 2015 at 5:59 PM Post #19,609 of 29,656
Hi fellow metal heads! Thought I'd post this here. Let me know if it's ok.

Check this out! My brother and his band have been offered an opportunity of a lifetime. VODON has been asked to go on a European tour!!! They just need to come up with the entry fee. This is a small price to pay for the global exposure. Any donations will help!

http://www.gofundme.com/xddtk8r

Jun 25, 2015 at 6:02 PM Post #19,610 of 29,656
  Hi fellow metal heads! Thought I'd post this here. Let me know if it's ok.

Check this out! My brother and his band have been offered an opportunity of a lifetime. VODON has been asked to go on a European tour!!! They just need to come up with the entry fee. This is a small price to pay for the global exposure. Any donations will help!

http://www.gofundme.com/xddtk8r

They really should put a link to some songs in the description.

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #19,612 of 29,656
My exp couldnt be more diff. With the exception of one local microbrewery in Ohio once, the USA beer was the worst I ever had .. even chinese beer was much better.

+1 for Belgium. Although for me it's mostly German and/or Czech pils all the way.

I don't want to be that guy but I guess you just don't know much about the micros in the states. I've had a lot of the best beers in the world and most of them were from the states. Belgium, UK and Germany are great but they all are limited in a couple of styles that are their specialties. USA has its own specialties (more than any country) but also does outside styles with great success.

Micros like Russian River, cigar city, hill Farmstead, Firestone Walker, Stone and many others are just the tip of the iceberg that is the excellence of the micro scene in the USA.

Jun 25, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #19,613 of 29,656
  Guess I'm the odd one out again.
Don't drink (not even beer), smoke or take any kind of drug (except for my thyroxine :p).
Never did and chances are very slim that I will ever start.
I'm deep into chocolate-fi though :D
$5 per bar? Pff cheepo schiit!

Hey if you got through hell witthout anything at all then much respect. as for me... well I just had my first blunt and I'm in love

Jun 25, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #19,614 of 29,656
I don't want to be that guy but I guess you just don't know much about the micros in the states. I've had a lot of the best beers in the world and most of them were from the states. Belgium, UK and Germany are great but they all are limited in a couple of styles that are their specialties. USA has its own specialties (more than any country) but also does outside styles with great success.

Micros like Russian River, cigar city, hill Farmstead, Firestone Walker, Stone and many others are just the tip of the iceberg that is the excellence of the micro scene in the USA.

My guess is if you were visiting the U.S. and were unfamiliar with the culture and didn't know any better and walked into a liquor store and bought the first thing you saw-Bud light, Busch or Miller....yeah, you'd think American beers suck.

There are some great American Micros. One of my great pleasures in life is cracking a good microbrew and listening to my system at the end of the day. Life long drinker, but I can keep to just a couple and call it a night. Or a nice glass of merlot or cabernet and I'm good. But, not every night.

I'm partial to IPAs or hoppy pale ales that are all over the place now. Love Stone, Lagunitas, Dogfish, Oscar Blues, Heavy Seas Small Craft Uber Pils.

If you haven't tried beers like this, you really can't say schiit about American microbrews. JMO.

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #19,615 of 29,656
Nope, Belgium is the promised land of beer \m/ \m/

I do like Hoegaarden, don't believe I've had the pleasure to try other Belgian beers.

It's surely a matter of taste. But I'm also all for own made or microbrew beer .. almost all beers I tried from those kind of sources were great. Even the poorest ones were way better than the awfull stuff they had in pretty much any USA supermarket I visited... most of that stuff doesnt even deserve the name of beer in my book. Never had a poor beer in germany, czech or begium .. and very rarely in other EU countries. Asian beer was also mostly drinkable.

If you haven't had bad European beer, try some Finnish ones. They're comparable to American market beer, watery crap.

As for American beer, I was 19 when I visited the States so I didn't have the chance to drink anything but regular market stuff, because of the ridiculous drinking age limitations. Not that I was that into beer back then anyway, save for getting drunk. Chinese beer is alright, though I was mostly drinking Tsingtao and baijiu during my exchange student period in there.

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:34 AM Post #19,616 of 29,656
Metal Rules \m/ \m/

With that out of the way, with beer as with most things in life your taste governs your opinion.  I really like Belgian beer haven't found any breweries in the US that come close to making a good Belgian beer, and I've tried a lot from my local bottle shop which stocks 1,000+ beers. As always YMMV.

It's not metal, but have any of you tried out Ben Frost?

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #19,617 of 29,656
  Metal Rules \m/ \m/

With that out of the way, with beer as with most things in life your taste governs your opinion.  I really like Belgian beer haven't found any breweries in the US that come close to making a good Belgian beer, and I've tried a lot from my local bottle shop which stocks 1,000+ beers. As always YMMV.

Have you tried North East Brewing Company's Pranqster? Probably the best Belgian style beer made in the US, one of my all-time favorites (which reminds me to stock up for the weekend).

Jun 26, 2015 at 9:17 AM Post #19,618 of 29,656

If you haven't had bad European beer, try some Finnish ones. They're comparable to American market beer, watery crap.

Gods, growing up and starting my momentous drinking career in Finland in the 90s was horrible. Only cheap lager, every brand interchangeable. Thanks god they started selling Sandels at some point, made drinking a bit more enjoyable. Since moving to the US, I haven't touched lagers, not even microbrew versions thereof. I've noticed during my recent visits that thankfully there seems to be a craft beer boom of sorts in Finland. I've had excellent beer brewed by Stadin Panimo, Malmgard and Suomenlinnan panimo. Looking forward to visiting Villi Waino in Helsinki when I'm there in August. Finding a strong rye beer is on my wishlist.

Jun 26, 2015 at 10:28 AM Post #19,619 of 29,656
Just now finding out how cool Metalblade Records is on SoundCloud. They like to put up songs from upcoming albums. Kinda like having a radio with new records! Podcasts!:)

https://m.soundcloud.com/metalbladerecords

Jun 26, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #19,620 of 29,656
The High On Fire Guitar Contest!

http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/06/25/the-high-on-fire-guitar-solo-contest-brought-to-you-by-dunlop-and-eone-music/ ....this should be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back