Lets Talk Metal
Jun 23, 2015 at 11:27 PM Post #19,561 of 29,656
I can't believe this happened: http://www.hdtracks.com/only-the-ruthless-remain-240363

Buying it now.

Jun 23, 2015 at 11:56 PM Post #19,563 of 29,656
Well first off I'm kind of dealing with substance abuse (booze) and am trying to switch to a more natural, less harmful vice.... so audio in general isn't even in the picture.

That being said, I would probably end up going low-mid with Beyer 880-250's

Well I can say that after about 52 many folks just loose interest in drinking much. My average is about once a month. Even then not that much. 4 16oz beers or the most 500ml of vodka. Somehow when you get older you just loose the wanting to drink? I have found this to be true very often, with a bunch of people. You just mellow out. Hope that helps?

I don't know why? I don't even get hangovers any more? The trick I think is drink less and when you do drink eat a ton of food?

I guess you just get to this point where your like " How can I even drink a boatload of poison?" So you just naturally lower the amount. Litterly it just starts looking like poison that you want to go easy on. I don't know how old you are, but this is a fairly common phenomenon,

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #19,564 of 29,656
Well I can say that after about 52 many folks just loose interest in drinking much. My average is about once a month. Even then not that much. 4 16oz beers or the most 500ml of vodka. Somehow when you get older you just loose the wanting to drink? I have found this to be true very often, with a bunch of people. You just mellow out. Hope that helps?

I don't know why? I don't even get hangovers any more? The trick I think is drink less and when you do drink eat a ton of food?

I guess you just get to this point where your like " How can I even drink a boatload of poison?" So you just naturally lower the amount. Litterly it just starts looking like poison that you want to go easy on. I don't know how old you are, but this is a fairly common phenomenon,

Well as of right now--------------- WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH nope

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #19,565 of 29,656
Well as of right now--------------- WWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH nope

How old are you? I really was that way as a youth. The whole nine yards of it all! Believe me.

Your idea is correct though. Go for a replacement if you can stick to it. It can be most anything. Do you really think all those high talking (better than sheet) folks in the 12 step programs don't have a replacement? I promise you they all have something, even if it is just the program.

Jun 24, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #19,566 of 29,656
Hello all, I have been listening to metal since 1980 and you guys mentioned so many bands. Im amazed with your detail and memory. A band I have been listening too is In Solitude, I really am enjoying their rythem. Another band is Coal Chamber I love their drumming and bass.

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:27 AM Post #19,569 of 29,656

Many times ( just like for this mouse) things are going great. But...............all of a sudden when you least expect it, reality shows up at the party and ruins all the fricking fun and you go ..............

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1MtEsu0mBAA

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:33 AM Post #19,570 of 29,656

Age + not wanting to feel like Schiit + fear of frying your liver = less drinking!

:beerchug:

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #19,571 of 29,656
Many times ( just like for this mouse) things are going great. But...............all of a sudden when you least expect it, reality shows up at the party and ruins all the fricking fun and you go ..............

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1MtEsu0mBAA

That poor mouse! But that ghost thing was obviously video editing.

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:54 AM Post #19,572 of 29,656
Age + not wanting to feel like Schiit + fear of frying your liver = less drinking!

The liver is the only organ that can completely regenerate itself!......That is as long as it is not taken past the point of no return. Lol

At times I wonder?

Jun 24, 2015 at 1:57 AM Post #19,573 of 29,656
That poor mouse! But that ghost thing was obviously video editing.

So those guys who post the video get a certain amount of money with that many views? Good motIvation to edit in a spirit like in the a cartoons. Lol

Jun 24, 2015 at 3:04 AM Post #19,574 of 29,656

That's the kind of thing that won't stop an addict. Unfortunately, people don't really just grow out of an addiction. Most alcoholics I have seen (because theu were getting help) have been in their 50-60's and they were trying to stop drinking because they were homeless, their family had disowned them and they felt they had wasted their lives. Unfortunately, it usually takes something like that for most people to get serious about changing. Health issues are something that are ignored and when an alcoholic is hung over in the morning, they just start drinking again to "get rid of it".

But, it ultimately depends on whether or not we are taking about binge drinking or alcoholism. Both are very different forms of alcohol abuse (yet binge drinking is only a step away from alcoholism). Some people may grow out of binge drinking, but not out of being an alcoholic.

Ultimately, finding something to preoccupy yourself with is good, just don't make it other substances! Also, do seek professional help (if you haven't already). I'm not necessarily talking AA here (I'm neutral towards NA and AA), but you need someone to talk to that knows what you're going through. Even if you can find an alcoholic that's been in recovery for a while.

Anyway, good luck with it Redcarmoose, just take it slow and don't worry if you trip, just don't make it a fall!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back