Lets Talk Metal
Jun 5, 2015 at 1:27 PM Post #19,351 of 29,652
Yeah i definitely know where you're coming from, black metal is a favorite of mine. Have you ever seen the documentary Global Metal? There was a particular scene that came to mind(highly recommended if you havent), where various bands from israel are being interviewed and they talk about their opinion for the typical canon of black metal topics just being stories that were handed down, and not being real as opposed to the horror of suicide bombers showing up because they hate you. Ah found it on youtube, https://youtube.com/watch?v=26JYZkNXVIo

I might watch it someday, but I'm extremely busy and can hardly keep track of my own schedule.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_metal#Documentaries_on_black_metal

Hmm. I'm trying to remember the name of the hilarious parody black metal documentary I saw.

Jun 5, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #19,352 of 29,652
Jun 5, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #19,355 of 29,652
Yeah i definitely know where you're coming from, black metal is a favorite of mine. Have you ever seen the documentary Global Metal? There was a particular scene that came to mind(highly recommended if you havent), where various bands from israel are being interviewed and they talk about their opinion for the typical canon of black metal topics just being stories that were handed down, and not being real as opposed to the horror of suicide bombers showing up because they hate you. Ah found it on youtube, https://youtube.com/watch?v=26JYZkNXVIo

Orphaned Land is such a cool band.

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #19,356 of 29,652

Just because I say that I listen to metal for the energy, that does not mean I only listen to more "energetic" metal like Fear Factory. I love all metal. All metal has a certain energy to it. It's easy to understand. I'm not twisting anything.

I get that metal is high energy music. If I'm really tired or have a head ache, I'll often choose something else. But, I don't see needing to get jacked up with red bull or 3 cups of expresso drinks to enjoy it. That said, I love metal when I'm home and can sleep in and feel full of energy. I guess I'd just suggest if you need to have those super caffeinated drinks to listen to metal, I'd maybe look at other areas in my life (sleep, diet, etc.) They say most Americans are sleep deprived and over caffeinated. I cop to that myself.

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:17 PM Post #19,357 of 29,652
  I get that metal is high energy music. If I'm really tired or have a head ache, I'll often choose something else. But, I don't see needing to get jacked up with red bull or 3 cups of expresso drinks to enjoy it. That said, I love metal when I'm home and can sleep in and feel full of energy. I guess I'd just suggest if you need to have those super caffeinated drinks to listen to metal, I'd maybe look at other areas in my life (sleep, diet, etc.) They say most Americans are sleep deprived and over caffeinated. I cop to that myself.

I'm addicted. It's not that easy for me.

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:28 PM Post #19,358 of 29,652

Be careful. That schiit can wreak havoc on your nervous system, blood pressure, respiratory system and lead to health problems later in life. I've cut way back. Swore off sodas a couple of years ago especially the Aspertame (I think I misspelled that) in diet drinks that may be connected to tumors, and the sugar isn't much better. Coffee is my "up" drug of choice these days. And, some black tea. straight no chaser
wink_face.gif

Jun 5, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #19,360 of 29,652
  Be careful. That schiit can wreak havoc on your nervous system, blood pressure, respiratory system and lead to health problems later in life. I've cut way back. Swore off sodas a couple of years ago especially the Aspertame (I think I misspelled that) in diet drinks that may be connected to tumors, and the sugar isn't much better. Coffee is my "up" drug of choice these days. And, some black tea. straight no chaser
wink_face.gif

In case you did not see from before, I also drink energy drinks, which are far more powerful and dangerous than soda. I'm so addicted that coffee makes me sleepy! I am well aware of the health risks, but I don't have the luxury of a healthy lifestyle right now...

Jun 5, 2015 at 5:44 PM Post #19,362 of 29,652

Thank-you for that clip. Truly an amazing place. They also say that is were the Garden of Eden was. That was actually the remains of the second temple of King Solomon. Across we saw the Temple Mount the exact place where Muhammad assended. It could be said to be the most intense place on earth. And noted as the place Moses held the tablets after the flood. Every Jewish person faces King Solomons Temple every time they pray anywhere in the world from any direction. It's also going to be the place for the red heifer to be placed when found. There have been 9 red cows so far, all before the time of Jesus.

That's what I love about metal, it takes you places. I'm going to have to watch that whole film!

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:25 PM Post #19,364 of 29,652

If people here can get away from hard drugs, you can also quit this gross sugar water.

In case you did not see from before, I also drink energy drinks, which are far more powerful and dangerous than soda. I'm so addicted that coffee makes me sleepy! I am well aware of the health risks, but I don't have the luxury of a healthy lifestyle right now...

Come on, that is such a lazy non-excuse.
Just drink tap water, tea or whatever.

AGGRESSIONS!!!!

MURDER!!!

EVIL GRIM DARK ******** THAT NOBODY CAN HONESTLY TAKE SERIOUS!!!

That's Metal for you folks.

Jun 5, 2015 at 6:37 PM Post #19,365 of 29,652
The healthy way to get off energy drinks is to go get a Chinese herb guy to cut up a ginsing root, drink green tea, black tea and eat a piece of root.

Does the same thing as an energy drink with out the four cups of sugar!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back