Lets Talk Metal
May 29, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #19,111 of 29,660

I like punk bm dm thrash hardcore dance jazz etc. 
my wife hates it all except motorhead and her fav band is take that.

It's funny you say that, besides Zeppelin, a few random radio friendly Metallica songs ( I have to tell my wife, that's great sweetie, but The Unforgiven is not really metal!) my  wife does not really like metal. If your wife likes Enter Sandman but thinks the song MOP is really heavy stuff, you have to tell her, you just don't like heavy metal!

But for some odd reason my wife and all my old friends from the day liked Motorhead. I don't quite get it. I think it's rare to have a wife/GF who likes metal. If you do, count your blessings!

I'm in with the new Ufomammut big time. Looking at my collection, I have to ask, how many doom albums do I really need. Well, at least a couple more!  I see AMG call it a masterpiece. Guess I have good taste:atsmile:

My wife is into progressive metal with clean vocals, and some random other albums (RIITIIR and Origin-antithesis for instance). She likes pretty much all of the music, but the vocals get her on most albums. I play what I want when I want though lol. She's cool.

My favorite shows were always punk shows. I used to go to various venues around Denver a few times a month... The music at death metal shows is better, but punk shows are so much fun. GWAR too. I saw them the times. Crazy fun.

May 29, 2015 at 11:18 AM Post #19,112 of 29,660
My favorite shows were always punk shows. I used to go to various venues around Denver a few times a month... The music at death metal shows is better, but punk shows are so much fun. GWAR too. I saw them the times. Crazy fun.

I finally got the chance to see the Aquabats last year. One of the greatest live shows I've ever seen: Bat Commander was constantly throwing toilet paper rolls and making ridiculous banter, dozens of toddlers (I kid you not) going bonkers in the pit and everyone basically having the time of their life. I've never laughed so much at a show.

On the other hand, I don't want to recall the number of times at hardcore shows when I was sure I was going to die.

May 29, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #19,113 of 29,660
Concerning wives...my future wife must love metal, video games, and anime -- otherwise, I will just look down on her.
evil_smiley.gif

...I think I only know one person who qualifies, and she's hot too...but I don't know if she likes anime!
eek.gif
No matter. Surely I can convert her to what I consider to be the highest form of televised art.

May 29, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #19,114 of 29,660
  This needs to be far away from the metal thread. Only made it 7 minutes and had to shut it off.

Haha, I gave it a chance. Too happy for my tastes.

May 29, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #19,116 of 29,660
Regarding Punk shows, they probably are some of the most fun. Saw FIDLAR and Metz a week ago and that show was more intense and chaotic than any metal show I ever went to. People were literally hanging from the rafters of the venue. Contrast that to seeing Electric Wizard and the crowd was much less intense but also probably three times more stoned.

I don't go to tons of metal shows but I've been to a couple great ones in the past year. I think doom is meant to be listened to live, the recordings will never do it justice (unless you have a giant venue sound system somewhere in your house). You should just be totally enveloped by volume, organs shaking throughout the whole set. Death metal shows are generally boring as **** to me and I'll gladly skip getting whipped in the head repeatedly by some stupid white dude with dreadlocks (please leave and go listen to some more Limp Bizkit, dude). Black metal shows can be pretty cool but generally I like listening to it in a more solitary environment.

May 29, 2015 at 5:22 PM Post #19,117 of 29,660
Seeing BOC play Godzilla in 1977 or Rush play live in 1978 was some of my favorites, along with KISS at the LA Staples Ctr in 2009 are my best shows. I just don't like the sound of small clubs. Seen the Misfits at Johnny Depp's Viper Room, and even Slipknot at small places and still hated the sound.

That's the thing, usually smaller bands play smaller shows. Those places never sound right unless I'm drunk:weary:. Lol

wow i would have loved to have seen very early boc or rush playing their first album
first drummer footage

May 29, 2015 at 6:11 PM Post #19,121 of 29,660
  Concerning wives...my future wife must love metal, video games, and anime -- otherwise, I will just look down on her.
evil_smiley.gif

...I think I only know one person who qualifies, and she's hot too...but I don't know if she likes anime!
eek.gif
No matter. Surely I can convert her to what I consider to be the highest form of televised art.

an anime wife would also b nice

May 29, 2015 at 6:20 PM Post #19,125 of 29,660
getting back to gigs-
i saw slayer once and it was like a wall of sound-could not make out a thing.i was deaf for 2 days.
saw maiden ozzy and alice cooper at bigger venues-pretty good sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Back