Lets Talk Metal
May 19, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #18,856 of 29,663
Fuggin fantastic album btw.

I love trip hop! Too bad I don't have time to listen to all the cool music shared here. Too busy listening to anime soundtracks at the moment.
tongue_smile.gif

May 19, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #18,857 of 29,663
  I love trip hop! Too bad I don't have time to listen to all the cool music shared here. Too busy listening to anime soundtracks at the moment.
tongue_smile.gif

Like 90% of all anime OSTs that are NOT by Yoko Kanno are boring, uninspired and ultimately not worth your time.

May 19, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #18,858 of 29,663
  Like 90% of all anime OSTs that are NOT by Yoko Kanno are boring, uninspired and ultimately not worth your time.

Ehhh?! I love all sorts of anime soundtracks. Some have metal in them too.
evil_smiley.gif

I like a few of those Fate/Zero tracks even more now. I'm assuming you've kept up with Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works].

May 19, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #18,859 of 29,663
  Ehhh?! I love all sorts of anime soundtracks. Some have metal in them too.
evil_smiley.gif

I like a few of those Fate/Zero tracks even more now. I'm assuming you've kept up with Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works].

Hooray :|

No, I did not. Stopped watching after like seven episodes. Did not have a great time with it. Not nearly as good as F/Z, if you ask me.

May 19, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #18,860 of 29,663
  No, I did not. Stopped watching after like seven episodes. Did not have a great time with it. Not nearly as good as F/Z, if you ask me.

I agree that it's not quite as good, but it still has epic moments of greatness. I thought you were a hardcore "Fate" fan or something. lol. I saw the movie that came out years ago, so I already know most of what happens in the series.

May 19, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #18,861 of 29,663
  I agree that it's not quite as good, but it still has epic moments of greatness. I thought you were a hardcore "Fate" fan or something. lol. I saw the movie that came out years ago, so I already know most of what happens in the series.

Oh it has its moments, sure. But I can't justify sitting through hours of highschool BS and needlessly long dialogs between characters that I couldn't care less about, just to get to these scenes.
I only watched F/Z. Did not play any of the games etc.

Back to evil trve dark grim and manly metal music:

:p

May 19, 2015 at 6:18 PM Post #18,864 of 29,663
May 19, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #18,866 of 29,663
  Just wanted to emphasize that anime isn't just girly rainbows and Pokemon, nor is it all low quality, as seemingly implied by ferday.

He was only talking about the music.

May 19, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #18,868 of 29,663
  He was only talking about the music.

Whoa, I never implied anything

I just thought your statement was interesting, simply because at no point in my life have I or will I ever say "I'm too busy listening to anime soundtracks"

'Kay. Guess I was reading too much into it. But just to be clear, some songs from anime soundtracks are among the best music I've heard, out of thousands of albums.

Back to metal... the pagan folk black metal band Kroda is one of my favorites!

Recommended tracks. Click to stream.
Cry To Me, River... (Betrayal Of Knjaz Volodymir)
Pathways Of Fate
Funeral Of The Sun

May 19, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #18,869 of 29,663

'Kay. Guess I was reading too much into it. But just to be clear, some songs from anime soundtracks are among the best music I've heard, out of thousands of albums.

Back to metal... the pagan folk black metal band Kroda is one of my favorites!

Recommended tracks. Click to stream.
Cry To Me, River... (Betrayal Of Knjaz Volodymir)
Pathways Of Fate
Funeral Of The Sun

Okay Kroda is pretty sick. Never got in to anime besides Dragonball Z, just out of nostalgia. I only watch it at 1.5x speed though, still perfectly watchable. That show's runtime could easily be cut in half though, there's two minute chunks of just characters looking concerned, grunting.

Oh and Red Line is one of the coolest films I've ever seen. Not sure if it's considered anime but it's very much worth the watch.

May 19, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #18,870 of 29,663
  Okay Kroda is pretty sick. Never got in to anime besides Dragonball Z, just out of nostalgia. I only watch it at 1.5x speed though, still perfectly watchable. That show's runtime could easily be cut in half though, there's two minute chunks of just characters looking concerned, grunting.

Oh and Red Line is one of the coolest films I've ever seen. Not sure if it's considered anime but it's very much worth the watch.

You should hear all their stuff!

Most people know next to nothing about anime. DBZ is like the gateway drug to anime. lol. There's anime out there that is a hundred times (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating) better. You can see a list of anime I've seen here: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/MusicAlchemist I have spent somewhere around 1% of my entire life watching anime.

It officially qualifies! http://myanimelist.net/anime/6675/Redline

Users who are viewing this thread

Back