Lets Talk Metal
Nov 10, 2014 at 12:06 AM Post #16,908 of 29,653
  "Hate" is a pretty strong word, man.

I hate a LOT of Growling, I am very pick with my Growling in terms of metal so yea strong enough word I used

Anyways, Metal head buddy of mine recommended me some nice bands

Nevermore
Opeth 
Between the Buried And Me 
Protest the Hero 
Orphaned Land

I really like the ones in bold :3 

and I really like the music out of my LA D5k at like 80 Dbs xD 

wow... Nevermore did a Doors Cover... officially my favorite Metal Band ever... a shame though I think they are like no longer together :/ oh well, they have a rather large catalog so I can dig em! 

Wow on their Obsidian Conspiracy Album they did some "without Guitar" verisions of their songs! Which sound amazingly Dark and very good! Man their bassist is does a hell of a job! 

Nov 10, 2014 at 11:34 AM Post #16,909 of 29,653
  I hate a LOT of Growling, I am very pick with my Growling in terms of metal so yea strong enough word I used

Anyways, Metal head buddy of mine recommended me some nice bands

Nevermore
Opeth 
Between the Buried And Me 
Protest the Hero 
Orphaned Land

I really like the ones in bold :3 

and I really like the music out of my LA D5k at like 80 Dbs xD 

wow... Nevermore did a Doors Cover... officially my favorite Metal Band ever... a shame though I think they are like no longer together :/ oh well, they have a rather large catalog so I can dig em! 

Wow on their Obsidian Conspiracy Album they did some "without Guitar" verisions of their songs! Which sound amazingly Dark and very good! Man their bassist is does a hell of a job! 

I'm picky, too, but have slowly been converted
evil_smiley.gif

Looks like you like prog. I get a number of interesting metal suggestions from this thread. I enjoy all your choices, but also find some of the more experimental, proggy and post black metal styling's interesting. I wonder if you would like Enslaved-if you can get past the vox. One of my fav bands.

Wonder if you would like TesseracT-clean vocals-prog veering into "rock" territiory with a slight djent influence.

Vocally, the new vox almost sounds power metalish-but Orphaned Land does too, at times.

I picked up Tesseract's last album and I enjoy it.

Nov 10, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #16,910 of 29,653
Wow. It's shocking how much better the vinyl version of Viides Luku – Hävitetty sounds compared to the original CD one. Even with my lowly AT-LP120.

Nov 10, 2014 at 1:59 PM Post #16,911 of 29,653
Sifting thru a metal preview 2014 song list on Rhapsody. Not a lot of standouts. But, The Hookers and Iron Reagan were fun. Can anyone tell me anything about these bands? The hookers song have a kind of Motorhead punkish vibe.  Iron Reagan-crossover thrash side project-I believe.

Nov 10, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #16,912 of 29,653
  Sifting thru a metal preview 2014 song list on Rhapsody. Not a lot of standouts. But, The Hookers and Iron Reagan were fun. Can anyone tell me anything about these bands? The hookers song have a kind of Motorhead punkish vibe.  Iron Reagan-crossover thrash side project-I believe.

i'm an iron reagan fan...the band is municipal waste / darkest hour members, and basically it's crossover thrash punk.  there's one song on the new album (tyranny of will) that's over 2 minutes!

it's highly political stuff but with a total tongue in cheek generic kind of politics which of course is the punk mainstay.  overall the new album won't be making an end of year list for me, but it's super fun, short and to the point

haven't heard the hookers, i'll have to check that out...!

Nov 10, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #16,913 of 29,653

I'm picky, too, but have slowly been converted
evil_smiley.gif

Looks like you like prog. I get a number of interesting metal suggestions from this thread. I enjoy all your choices, but also find some of the more experimental, proggy and post black metal styling's interesting. I wonder if you would like Enslaved-if you can get past the vox. One of my fav bands.

Wonder if you would like TesseracT-clean vocals-prog veering into "rock" territiory with a slight djent influence.

Vocally, the new vox almost sounds power metalish-but Orphaned Land does too, at times.

meh Tesserac T wasn't heavy enough like Nevermore, or pretty enough like porhapned land for me

I like REALLY heavy metal, and I find Orphaned land get's heave enough in between it's "prettier" parts that I can really dig 

Like early Nevermore is ok imo, I like a lot of their latter stuff, though I guess I really enjoy Prog Metal with Clean Vocals, 

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:07 PM Post #16,915 of 29,653
I enjoy Heavy Prog Metal with Clean Vocals, 

emphasis on the Vocals, I HATE growling, of MANY kinds. I LOVE CLEAN vocals xD

so that's my issue, the really HEAVY metal bands tend to growl 

So going back to what I think is good Metal, ...And Justice For All is imo a great metal album! I REALLY like Track 8 To Live is to Die, sounds very prog to my ears! 

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #16,917 of 29,653

Here's some clean vocal heaviness

Gotta wait for them in this one.. :wink:

Hmm you know this song wasn't too shabby, yea he was screaming a little bit, but not the LONG extended SUPER disorted Growling... I've got an event I'm heading to but later Tonight I'll give these a listen! 

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #16,919 of 29,653

Based LaCanne

Nov 10, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #16,920 of 29,653

Best stuff they have ever done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back