Lets Talk Metal
Oct 4, 2014 at 8:38 AM Post #16,711 of 29,662
A band that still puts younger ones to shame (Live especially) 

Oct 4, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #16,712 of 29,662
  I don't even care any more at this point...too tiresome.

I'm relaxing to some Trist right now. It's the most monotonous schiit but I love it. The CD cover is one of my favorites.

I remember being 17 and listening to this on a long plane ride. Definitely one of the more unique aural experiences I had. My mind was also blown when I learned this guy was from Lunar Aurora, too! This, along with Darkspace was my first foray into expansive, trancelike BM.

Oct 4, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #16,713 of 29,662
I remember being 17 and listening to this on a long plane ride. Definitely one of the more unique aural experiences I had. My mind was also blown when I learned this guy was from Lunar Aurora, too! This, along with Darkspace was my first foray into expansive, trancelike BM.

You just named dropped a few incredible bands. Man, Lunar Aurora breaking up has me still UPSET.

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:05 PM Post #16,714 of 29,662

Already listened to the new Darkspace album? It's pretty damn good! Not quite as good as 3 but better than 1 and 2 IMO.

Oct 4, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #16,715 of 29,662
I love that album. I didn't know anyone else ever heard it!

I never knew anyone ever heard of that band the other side of the pond. Such a small world!

Symphonic Metal, anyone?

Oct 4, 2014 at 11:33 PM Post #16,719 of 29,662
You just named dropped a few incredible bands. Man, Lunar Aurora breaking up has me still UPSET.

Haha, atmospheric black metal is a niche where only truly dazzling stars can shine. And yeah, it was really disappointing that we lost LA. I remember when I first joined, there was a member of this thread that had Andacht as his avatar; I remember he was quite the LA fan!

Already listened to the new Darkspace album? It's pretty damn good! Not quite as good as 3 but better than 1 and 2 IMO.

Yep. The cleaner production was a peculiar touch, and someone described it well; where in the other albums the fuzzy blackness sent you propelling through an endless, claustrophobic space, this one felt like you actually felt traction, as if you stumbled across an old alien space fortress and got sucked into it.

It's hard to compare all the albums since I don't exactly listen to Darkthrone on a day-to-day basis, but this one was definitely enjoyable, albeit the most accessible out of what I've heard. III will always be a fond first-time memory of them for me.

Oct 5, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #16,720 of 29,662
Hmmm not bad. Not bad at all.

http://i-voidhangerrecords.bandcamp.com/album/phobos-monolith

Oct 5, 2014 at 10:24 PM Post #16,723 of 29,662
Picked up the new Boris and YOB. Enjoying the new Boris release this evening. I think it's a beautiful rock album that verges on metal.

Oct 6, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #16,724 of 29,662
Has anyone heard of Coldworker? I ordered a Relapse Records mystery box a long time ago and I just opened this album yesterday. It is really good.

Oct 6, 2014 at 4:39 PM Post #16,725 of 29,662
Oh man....this sounds pretty serious.

https://www.facebook.com/BlooodMusic/posts/785114394879223?fref=nf

People - we need your help!! We have a very, VERY serious issue.
We are having and have been having massive issues with PayPal for a long time, and it's finally hit its worst possible point.
We've tried to stay very quiet about these issues, to keep calm in order to play by their rules, but things are finally far out of hand.
Once the Moonsorrow box set (an item that averaged around 300 EUR per unit) went for sale - they froze all money in our PayPal account (do the math), including a fair chunk of money from sales before the box set that have long since been shipped out.
They demanded loads of paperwork, to which we obliged, and they released a very small portion so that we could continue our operations. That money lasted only a very short time, and we wound up having to pay a huge chunk of the box set out of our own pockets, with the promise that the rest of the money would be released once all material was shipped.
All box sets have been shipped and most have been received by now, and they are still holding onto basically ALL OF THE LABEL'S MONEY NOW.
Because of this we've had trouble paying for manufacturing bills and weren't even paid wages since December 2013.
They released a portion of our money a week ago (out of "good will") and also released the freeze on all incoming money (so we are actually receiving all current payments), and we were finally able to pay out wages, but we're still HUGELY in debt on past due invoices because approximately 2/3 of the money they were holding is frozen.
We sent in approximately 200 tracking numbers last week at their request to prove the shipments and were told we'd hear from them in a day. Nothing came, so we contacted them again today and were told they are authorized to give us another 10% of the money. 10% (!). With no word on how we could receive the rest of the money, other than just constantly sending in tracking numbers.
We have been operating deep in debt for several months and working on personal loans, and the label cannot continue like this. It will eventually topple the entire thing if we do not get the money out of there.
We do not need any money from you, but we need to find a way to get PayPal to release money from items that we manufactured, paid out of our own pockets, and shipped out, just as promised.
Please share the info around about what PayPal is doing to us and also login into your PayPal account and send them a message to release our money. The money that you folks have paid for items that we have manufactured and shipped.
Their reasoning was that they do not want to be liable for risks on extra large projects (outside the scope of our normal activities) that haven't been completed. However, THIS "RISKY" PROJECT IS COMPLETE. Therefore, they are holding onto lots of money that is not theirs and earning interest on it. This money will not be released to you and it will not be released to us - so whose money is it?
This is not the first time by far PayPal has been caught holding onto money that was not theirs.
Please send them e-mails and pass the word around to get them to release our money so we can continue in peace.
Also - please be aware that no future project is in jeopardy because of this, we will find the way to manage - but it has added a massive load of extra stress to deal with this and how to move forward.
Any advice on alternative payment options will be helpful, as we are paying PayPal a handsome fee every year for their services, and this is what they leave us with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back