3. Six Feet Under
4. Amon Amarth
5. Death
6. Cannibal Corpse
7. Necrophagist 
8. Deicide 
9. Devourment 
10. Origin 

Cool. What do you think of Behemoth, Cryptopsy, Immolation, Nile, Vital Remains, and Zyklon?

I also listed my favorite melodic death metal bands here.

Jul 31, 2014 at 10:46 AM Post #15,678 of 29,701
Jul 31, 2014 at 10:50 AM Post #15,679 of 29,701
  Death metal fan here.  

1. Morbid Angel
2. Napalm Death
3. Six Feet Under
4. Amon Amarth
5. Death
6. Cannibal Corpse
7. Necrophagist 
8. Deicide 
9. Devourment 
10. Origin 

Welcome!!!!.. I like all of the above, except Morbid Angel :)

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #15,682 of 29,701

Ah, this is straight-up brutal death metal with those cookie monster vocals. That style usually doesn't pique my interest.

I do like stuff like this, though, when it comes to death metal:

I had this audio casette, 10-12 years ago.....

Jul 31, 2014 at 11:58 AM Post #15,683 of 29,701
You think Wormed sounds like Cookie Monster? I'd say more like gurgling space sludge on a distant planet in a distant galaxy. Really the only band that I've found that fits the Cookie Monster vocals moniker is Omnium Gatherum. That vocalist really literally sounds like our Sesame Street friend to my ears.

On a side note, I can't believe the vocalist to Defeated Sanity has a Mortician shirt on... they suck. I saw them live in the '90s and it was the worst concert I've ever been to. Half the set was Horror movie sound bites, the vocalist was so quiet nobody could hear him, and they used a drum machine live. Nobody even moshed.

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #15,684 of 29,701
  You think Wormed sounds like Cookie Monster? I'd say more like gurgling space sludge on a distant planet in a distant galaxy. Really the only band that I've found that fits the Cookie Monster vocals moniker is Omnium Gatherum. That vocalist really literally sounds like our Sesame Street friend to my ears.

On a side note, I can't believe the vocalist to Defeated Sanity has a Mortician shirt on... they suck. I saw them live in the '90s and it was the worst concert I've ever been to. Half the set was Horror movie sound bites, the vocalist was so quiet nobody could hear him, and they used a drum machine live. Nobody even moshed.

Not so much that one, but I was speaking in general terms about the "cookie monster" death growls often employed in death metal. All four of those songs also evoked no emotions in me. The disjointed, technical riffing and downright goofy vocal style of that type of death metal simply doesn't do anything for me. I prefer more passionate and focused material, even when it comes to chaotic styles. Listen to how different the Zyklon song I posted sounds to get a feel for what I mean. (I know that album is blackened death metal and not traditional death metal, anyway.)

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #15,685 of 29,701

Hmm!!! I like weird vocals. As weird as possible. I do like the vocals of Defeated Sanity, Devourement, Aborted, Abominable Putridity, Wormed.. I just love the growls, pig squeals etc.
Not, heard of any mortician album but as the saying goes, 'If a good death metal band member is wearing a band tshirt, that band better be good." 

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #15,688 of 29,701

I like some of those bands. (The ones I don't like are ones I've never heard.)

Here's my list. (Forgot to add Nightwish, Rammstein, and Therion.)

Nice list! If you like Rotting Christ, you should try Septic Flesh. I think they might be to your tastes. I love them. :) 

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #15,689 of 29,701
I really really hope that these guys and gals will release their second album this year. Kind of looks like it might happen :)
The first one is fantastic!

Jul 31, 2014 at 12:55 PM Post #15,690 of 29,701

Hmm!!! I like weird vocals. As weird as possible. I do like the vocals of Defeated Sanity, Devourement, Aborted, Abominable Putridity, Wormed.. I just love the growls, pig squeals etc.
Not, heard of any mortician album but as the saying goes, 'If a good death metal band member is wearing a band tshirt, that band better be good."

I'm right in there with you. And yeah, Mortician sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back