Lets Talk Metal
May 6, 2014 at 9:42 PM Post #14,329 of 29,653
I'm back guys... thanks in part to a lovely ginger I'm spending some time outside work with who just happens to be a metal fan herself! 

For starters... I have to admit I like [if only a little] In this Moment [yes I know I'm late to the party] 

song wise 

It's a shame what the Radio and my Car Stero does to music, I also Enjoy Blood and recognize it from the radio

another and something I enjoy a little more is Epica

Really diggin this song 

A little more than In the Moment I should mention as well

Which brings me to RECOMMENDATIONS! So I dig female vocalists, and the whole Gothic Metal thing I like, I'm also a HUGE fan of the first 3 Years of Metallica, Ride the Lighting and Master of Puppets being my favorite Albums... so with that in mind... any recommendations? Something with Cliff Burtons Sound and Epica's Vocalist and touches of Orchestral sound? 

I should also mention my Modded D2k sounds GLORIOUS with Metal out of my NFB 10ES2 

May 7, 2014 at 12:47 AM Post #14,330 of 29,653
Hey guys,

I glanced at the thread since I last posted and didn't see anything about the new Agalloch record. It's streaming on NPR right now:

http://www.npr.org/2014/05/04/308273140/first-listen-agalloch-the-serpent-the-sphere

I think it's a more refined version of Marrow of the Spirit but there seems to be a lot of hate around it. Thoughts/Impressions? We'll see how I feel about it in a few weeks.

May 7, 2014 at 6:53 AM Post #14,331 of 29,653
God damn was today an amazing day in metal, so many announcements and even a few new songs!

First we get a date(8 July), track listing and cover art for Omnipresent by Origin

Then we got an announcement for the new Sons of Aurelius CD. They are a band that I always thought wasn't half bad but never did anything for me though, but this new song...shows a ton of potential

Also, a stream for the new Down EP, really enjoyed the last one...f

And yes, I most definitely saved the best for last, GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS, THERE IS A NEW ALLEGAEON CD COMING AND WE GOT A NEW SONG(WHICH FREAKING SLAYS) AND ALBUM ART.

May 7, 2014 at 7:16 AM Post #14,332 of 29,653
  And yes, I most definitely saved the best for last, GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS GUYS, THERE IS A NEW ALLEGAEON CD COMING AND WE GOT A NEW SONG(WHICH FREAKING SLAYS) AND ALBUM ART.

...yeah, I'm OK with this.

May 7, 2014 at 7:34 AM Post #14,334 of 29,653
Originally Post

Yipeeee !!!! Wooohoooo

May 7, 2014 at 7:48 AM Post #14,335 of 29,653
  First we get a date(8 July), track listing and cover art for Omnipresent by Origin

That is a pretty hype cover!

Not bad, not bad :)

May 7, 2014 at 4:20 PM Post #14,336 of 29,653
The Insomnium album finally arived after two weeks of patiently waiting...
It does not sound as bad as I expected, some here were dissapointed quite a lot. The distorted guitars could be a tad more clearer, other then that it does sound perfectly fine to me. I do own the cd version.
And yes the music is awesome. But I did not expect something else by Insomnium anyway.

May 7, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #14,337 of 29,653
Officially my most anticipated album of this year.

http://www.themonolith.com/music/news-transmission-received-depths-darkspace/

May 7, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #14,338 of 29,653

With every new album they get smoother and tighter. This album will be amazing!

May 8, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #14,340 of 29,653

Users who are viewing this thread

Back