Lets Talk Metal
Mar 13, 2014 at 9:11 AM Post #13,726 of 29,660
Mar 13, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #13,728 of 29,660
New Decapitated album September.

Mar 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM Post #13,729 of 29,660
Mar 13, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #13,730 of 29,660
Dunno if that´s a stupid question, but is it somehow possible to meassure the dynamic range of a song that is being streamed in spotify, youtube, etc.? It´s really tiring if there is no data on dr database. You have to look, in forums, download the files to check, buy them online, etc.

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:00 PM Post #13,732 of 29,660
  If anyone would like to check out some Metal in hi-res, we are having a March Metal Madness sale! Hi-res albums from bands like Avenged Sevenfold, Dream Theater, Black Sabbath, and many more are 20% off for a limited time. http://www.hdtracks.com/metal-madness

Yes! But I only got a 10% discount... LOL, we need more hi-res and well mixed Metal!!!

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #13,735 of 29,660
i wish the cowboys from hell was 24/96 not 24/44. not that it makes any difference, the CD is quite high quality, but the novelty of 24/96 would've parted me with some money. unless someone knows for a fact it's a different master....it's one of my favorite albums

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:33 PM Post #13,736 of 29,660
  Dunno if that´s a stupid question, but is it somehow possible to meassure the dynamic range of a song that is being streamed in spotify, youtube, etc.? It´s really tiring if there is no data on dr database. You have to look, in forums, download the files to check, buy them online, etc.

I don't think there is one.
You could always ask the people in this thread here though :wink:

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #13,737 of 29,660
I don't think there is one.
You could always ask the people in this thread here though :wink:

no, there's no way. also, ALL streaming sites place some compression on their streams, even the high quality ones, for volume etc.

there is a website http://dr.loudness-war.info/ that does DR measuring, contribute those albums you have that aren't there! it's unfortunate that it has to be this way, but it is for now.

Mar 13, 2014 at 1:41 PM Post #13,738 of 29,660

(un)holy crapcrap, Beyond is so ridiculous - it's awesome! Thanks!

No problem! 
beerchug.gif
 You might want to give Iron Bonehead's bandcamp catalogue a whirl! They're pretty consistent in quality, but admittedly I'm not sure I've found something quite as insane as Beyond.

http://ironboneheadproductions.bandcamp.com/

Quote:

The more I listen to it the more I care less about the sound as it does have a great sound. Then slowly it draws you into it's one of a kind sonic world. I hear so much of the past heavy lead guitar legends in the songs almost like some of the songs have individual guitar hero themes?
The song 7 "Lachrymose" sounds like a direct tribute to the Michael Schenker Group? IMO

This is how you know you found a great album. 
beerchug.gif

And yes, I think that the guitar leads have an... anthemic quality to them. I'd even call it charismatic.

EDIT:

New Khonsu! Reminds me of The Amenta + Anaal Nathrakh. Really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back