Lets Talk Metal
Apr 11, 2010 at 10:37 AM Post #1,157 of 29,701
Quote:

Originally Posted by acolyte289 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do I detect sarcasm or just gross over-exaggeration.

Haha, if that was directed at me, I'm being serious. The originators of Norwegian BM were also largely Nationalistic. Most of their anti-christian thoughts came from Christians burning down old pagan temples in order to build churches over it.

But I'll leave it for now.

Y'know what's scary? Diocletian

Apr 11, 2010 at 2:24 PM Post #1,159 of 29,701
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meliboeus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Check out this prog metal band, top quality production for a free album, interesting sound combining very melodic vocals Dream Theater style with a slightly heavier edge...

WENDIGO - AUDIO LEASH

wow! thanks a lot for the link. I love all the melodic stuff in all kinds of metal.
I don't know them but I will gladly download it. can't believe there is a lossless version for free. I am always for the look of new stuff expecially in the prog metal field.

Apr 11, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #1,160 of 29,701
Anyone out there likes this guys: IWrestledABearOnce

[YOUTUBE]YouTube - iwrestledabearonce - tastes like kevin bacon[/YOUTUBE]

It is mathcore, or extreme progressive metal, or deathcore, metalcore, whatever you want to call it. This song is mental, and I love it.
tongue.gif

Apr 11, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #1,161 of 29,701
great stuff in this thread. a place where all of us, metal junkies can hang around
smily_headphones1.gif

I love all kinds of melodic metal but lately i am realy into death metal in "in flames" style...or "sonic syndicate" I really like the singing more than the music itself,although some songs are really awsome.
the singing in this genre are more like black metal singing (don't know how you guys call it
confused.gif
) than just the typical "growling" that you find in typical death metal or doom metal albums. I like it,it is very much energetic.

Apr 11, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #1,162 of 29,701
I for some reason cant stand the original "Metal" genre anymore makes me wanna grow long hair and a huge ass beard :p

Give me Grindcore, Thrash, Metalcore, Hardcore, Death Metal, Deathcore etc anyday of the week. Breakdowns! Oh yes!

Some of my Fav bands,

Horse the Band
36 Crazy Fists
Suicide Silence
Gwen Stacey
August Burns Red
The Chariot
The Devil Wears Prada
Parkway Drive
Everytime i Die
House vs Hurricane
Architects
Inhale Exhale

Apr 11, 2010 at 11:56 PM Post #1,164 of 29,701
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I for some reason cant stand the original "Metal" genre anymore makes me wanna grow long hair and a huge ass beard :p

Give me Grindcore, Thrash, Metalcore, Hardcore, Death Metal, Deathcore etc anyday of the week. Breakdowns! Oh yes!

Some of my Fav bands,

Horse the Band
36 Crazy Fists
Suicide Silence
Gwen Stacey
August Burns Red
The Chariot
The Devil Wears Prada
Parkway Drive
Everytime i Die
House vs Hurricane
Architects
Inhale Exhale

Excommunicate him!!!!!!!!! lol jk
But seriously the discussion of breakdowns is strictly forbidden in this thread.

Apr 12, 2010 at 7:29 AM Post #1,166 of 29,701
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what releases can you recommend from diocletian besides doom cult?

Only heard Doom Cult
tongue.gif

Listen to more Melbourne metal. Seriously, we've got the awesomest scene at the the moment.

Apr 12, 2010 at 8:20 AM Post #1,167 of 29,701
Quote:

Originally Posted by SoupRKnowva /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I like breakdowns too!
smily_headphones1.gif
but you seriously need to add All That Remains to your list, best metal core band ever, the fall of ideals is their best cd

I have a couple of there albums! Forgot to add them to the list!
very_evil_smiley.gif

YouTube - Suicide Silence - Smoke [HD VIDEO]

Apr 12, 2010 at 12:15 PM Post #1,169 of 29,701
Well, today I got my Humanoid Album (Remembering Universe) + T-shirt and the latest Augury Cd - Fragmentary Evidence. Haven't listened to them yet but will do so soon.

This days I have been listening to Pitbulls In The Nursery - Lunatic. Great album.

Apr 12, 2010 at 12:44 PM Post #1,170 of 29,701
You might like Mnemic, Sikth, TesseracT, Protest The Hero - ***Fortress (if you haven't listened to them), Between The Buried And Me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Some of my Fav bands,

Horse the Band
36 Crazy Fists
Suicide Silence
Gwen Stacey
August Burns Red
The Chariot
The Devil Wears Prada
Parkway Drive
Everytime i Die
House vs Hurricane
Architects