Lets Talk Metal
Apr 27, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #9,451 of 29,663
Those lyrics are not metal. This is the stuff my grandmother would want me to listen to.

"I give you everything just for a while

You got the best of me this is my time
The seed I've been given, Hallelujah
To grow my ambitions high
All you people of the western land
Is it so hard to smile and lend a helping hand
Open your hearts it can be simple
If you just show what you feel
Go look for something real"

That is indeed a bit cheesy...
I really like Neil Morses music, but the lyrics with all his jesusfreak/christian ******** makes it almost unbearable for me...

Apr 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM Post #9,452 of 29,663
Quote:

Those lyrics are not metal. This is the stuff my grandmother would want me to listen to.

"I give you everything just for a while
You got the best of me this is my time
The seed I've been given, Hallelujah
To grow my ambitions high
All you people of the western land
Is it so hard to smile and lend a helping hand
Open your hearts it can be simple
If you just show what you feel
Go look for something real"

Oh it's definitely cheesy, I don't deny it. I had a feeling that you would post this exact thing, actually. 
biggrin.gif
I still like it, though.

Quote:
That is indeed a bit cheesy...
I really like Neil Morses music, but the lyrics with all his jesusfreak/christian ******** makes it almost unbearable for me...

Transatlantic.

Apr 27, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #9,453 of 29,663
Quote:
Transatlantic.

Oh, I love Transatlantic! Most awesome prog supergroup :)

Here folks, have some lovely tunes.
http://anautumnforcrippledchildren.bandcamp.com/

Apr 27, 2013 at 8:13 PM Post #9,454 of 29,663
Quote:
Oh, I love Transatlantic! Most awesome prog supergroup :)

Here folks, have some lovely tunes.
http://anautumnforcrippledchildren.bandcamp.com/

Well there you go, it's practically Neal Morse minus the religious lyrics. 
wink.gif
And of course early Spock's Beard.

I'm listening to Hearts of Light right now and it's very good so far. Thanks.

Apr 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #9,455 of 29,663
Extol is back with a force that will make Opeth go back to their extreme prog ways. Think Yes if Jon Anderson could hit shrieks like Jon Nodtveidt

Apr 28, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #9,456 of 29,663
Quote:
Extol is back with a force that will make Opeth go back to their extreme prog ways. Think Yes if Jon Anderson could hit shrieks like Jon Nodtveidt

Now I've only just started perusing the "Music" part of Head-Fi, and I am utterly pleased by this mention of Extol! I sometimes feel like the only person to have heard of them!

I too am excited for this! My favorite album was always Synergy, even though I suspect Undeceived is the "crowd favorite" - for good reasons too, it's a great album too!

Ah I just love this!

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:02 AM Post #9,457 of 29,663
I just started listening to Stone Sour, following Corey Taylor's "AMA" on Reddit last thursday.
Never listened to them before, which is strange as I've loved Slipknot since I was twelve.
I've known about Stone Sour since they were created for years, but I never gave them a listen before now. I sure regret that now!
Next, I'll have to check out Jordison's Murderdolls.

Edit: I stand corrected by Blackenedplague

Apr 28, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #9,458 of 29,663
The single song named Transference has been released yesterday by Children Of Bodom. They are using their old producer which helped them record the early classics we know and love. I have to say hearing this song brought back memories of what they used to be like. If the whole album is this good then I think we're in for a treat. Their last couple efforts have really sucked and maybe they knew it. By the sound of this one song it seems they may be back in the scene. We will have to see when the full album comes out. I have to say I'm a little bit of a sceptic but still stranger things have happened in the world of metal.

In March Torture Killer released their fourth full album called Phobia. Even though they started out as a Six Feet Under cover band in 02, it seems they have fully realized their sound on this release. For the last couple years they have almost come off as maybe a second tier Death Metal band. After a new vocalist changeout a couple times, they have finally come together with their best album to date.

Phobia is truly an easy record to like. They have their patented groove down better than ever. The guitar sounds great. All this is quite a surprise if you have been following the band. All of a sudden after an EP last year, they drop this classic release. In an arena literally filled with tons of mediocre DM releases it's nice to get a surprise classic out of nowhere, from a band that your not even expecting much from.

We have a couple more great Death Metal releases with Vader's new release at the end of the year taking my guess for Death Metal album of the year. That is if it actually comes out in December and it not held over till 2014.

Apr 28, 2013 at 3:12 PM Post #9,459 of 29,663
Quote:
I just started listening to Stone Sour, following Corey Taylor's "AMA" on Reddit last thursday.
Never listened to them before, which is strange as I've loved Slipknot since I was twelve.
I've known about Stone Sour since they were created, but I never gave them a listen before now. I sure regret that now!
Next, I'll have to check out Jordison's Murderdolls.

How old are you? Stone Sour has been around since '92

Apr 28, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #9,460 of 29,663
The single song named Transference has been released yesterday by Children Of Bodom. They are using their old producer which helped them record the early classics we know and love. I have to say hearing this song brought back memories of what they used to be like. If the whole album is this good then I think we're in for a treat. Their last couple efforts have really sucked and maybe they knew it. By the sound of this one song it seems they may be back in the scene. We will have to see when the full album comes out. I have to say I'm a little bit of a sceptic but still stranger things have happened in the world of metal.

I totally agree. Unlike Super Disaster, there is hope for CoB yet...I remember listening to RRF and literally putting it back on the shelf and going "There done." This was right after I saw them live (and they were great).

Apr 29, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #9,461 of 29,663
Apr 29, 2013 at 3:49 AM Post #9,462 of 29,663
I totally agree. Unlike Super Disaster, there is hope for CoB yet...I remember listening to RRF and literally putting it back on the shelf and going "There done." This was right after I saw them live (and they were great).

This new song has a great guitar tone. Also you can see that they studied how the old song structure was. It is just a question of having good melody and going back to the song stucture they had down pat.

They don't have to reinvent the wheel. Everyone would like to hear a little COB!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back