Lets Talk Metal
Apr 10, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #9,256 of 29,678
Quote:
Really?

I have been waiting for it. I think their debut was a bit over rated but that's me. Waiting to review this one.

agreed-way over hyped...it was just sort of ahight to me. When their debut came out, seemed the metal blogesphere thought they were the second coming of er, well you know who.....

Apr 10, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #9,257 of 29,678
Anyone diggin' on the new Intronaut. I like it.

Took me several spins, but I think they found a pretty good mix of expirametal jazzy proggyness and satisfying rock/metal.

Apr 10, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #9,258 of 29,678
agreed-way over hyped...it was just sort of ahight to me. When their debut came out, seemed the metal blogesphere thought they were the second coming of er, well you know who.....

What's interesting is their latest is quite a step above the debut. I am really shocked. Review forthcoming on Metal-Fi.

(also though I can't really stand Pitchfork's hyperbolic format and generally posh attitude toward reviews, their stream of Ghost's latest is brilliantly presented)

Btw, I will be at the New York Audio Show this weekend. Not sure if anyone else is going to be there but I plan to do a complete write up (there is a new 5k Orthodynamic can that is to be unveiled that I plan to write about too).

Anyone wants to meet up, let me know.

Apr 11, 2013 at 12:10 AM Post #9,259 of 29,678
The Abyss? Or is there ANOTHER one?

Quote:
What's interesting is their latest is quite a step above the debut. I am really shocked. Review forthcoming on Metal-Fi.

(also though I can't really stand Pitchfork's hyperbolic format and generally posh attitude toward reviews, their stream of Ghost's latest is brilliantly presented)

Btw, I will be at the New York Audio Show this weekend. Not sure if anyone else is going to be there but I plan to do a complete write up (there is a new 5k Orthodynamic can that is to be unveiled that I plan to write about too).

Anyone wants to meet up, let me know.

Apr 11, 2013 at 7:18 AM Post #9,260 of 29,678

Ex Manson members John 5 and Ginger Fish make this kinda a super-group. It will be interesting.

Apr 11, 2013 at 2:10 PM Post #9,264 of 29,678
This weeks's drving CD roation:

New Intronaut

61sgI29ef1L._SY300_.jpg

Neurosis: Through Silver and Blood.....One of my favorite albums-I always return...love the philisophical Joseph Campbell archetypal stuff.

61xa-ldThZL._SX300_.jpg

Hate Eternal: Fury and Flames

MDB:

51mYpBSIgvL.jpg

Batillus-looking forward to their new one:

511veYmEooL._SY300_.jpg

Cryptopsy-Once Was Not

Apr 12, 2013 at 2:48 AM Post #9,265 of 29,678
RUINS OF BEVERAST NEW SONG.

HGNGNNHHNNGNH oohhh gawwwwwd.
EDIT: The youtube embed doesn't seem to be working on my end. All else fails, visit the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtkiAfB1oLk&feature=youtu.be

Meilenwald, you damned genius. I'm actually liking the new shiny production. Definitely not what I was expecting, however. Classic RoB, though, absolutely menacing and chilling. Much more doomy and melodic this time around, I think.

Apr 12, 2013 at 6:54 AM Post #9,266 of 29,678
Some new prog for ya... I wasn't sure about this one at first but it grew on me.

Apr 12, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #9,267 of 29,678
RUINS OF BEVERAST NEW SONG.

HGNGNNHHNNGNH oohhh gawwwwwd.
EDIT: The youtube embed doesn't seem to be working on my end. All else fails, visit the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtkiAfB1oLk&feature=youtu.be

Meilenwald, you damned genius. I'm actually liking the new shiny production. Definitely not what I was expecting, however. Classic RoB, though, absolutely menacing and chilling. Much more doomy and melodic this time around, I think.

We are suppose to receive the promo literally like any day now. I got on the list as soon as I heard there was a new RoB out. I am unbelievably excited.

Strapping Young Lad pre-order in a few days! Can't wait.

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:17 PM Post #9,268 of 29,678
All this talk of Nightwish for the last several pages has gotten me to try to get into them for like the millionth time. For some reason they just dont do it for me at all, even Tarja just doesnt do anything for me. The only female fronted symphonic metal i can get into is Within Temptation. Their CD The Silent Force is amazing, and I think one of the best CDs in the genre. Theyve gotten a lot "rockier" since then, so I dont listen to their later stuff nearly as much.

Two of my favorites 

And i have to throw this in their for some more awesome female fronted Power Metal, it doesnt really get better than Triosphere!

Trogdor, im also sad, i had completely forgotten that Battle Beast got a new singer, i hope shes as awesome as the last chick was!

Apr 12, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #9,269 of 29,678
Quote:
Just one last suggestion to extend on what I said about Poet and the Pendulum before. I feel Ghost Love Score (Once) is probably the closest thing to a Poet and the Pendulum-esque song Tarja ever did. I think it's one of my favorites. Absolutely lovely instrumental break at around 5 minutes.

Great as an instrumental or vocal piece. The scale is absolutely epic.

This is what I liked about The Poet and the Pendulum, that and the orchestral backing. I will give Ghost Love Score a listen once I get the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back