Lets Talk Metal
Mar 8, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #8,791 of 29,664
Quote:
I think the new one is right in line with Theogonia. Iin fact my biggest criticism of the new album is it sound too much like Theogonia!

Yes it does. But I look at that like a complement.
biggrin.gif
I remember getting the bonus DVD showing the band in the studio with the producer. I thought it was really cool to see them talking about guitar gear and watch the recording process take place. I am not as schooled about Rotting Christ as some here. I have a live DVD with them playing their old stuff live but that's it I have never even heard their 1st Grind-core album.

So what's wrong with a Theogonia 2? Actually I'm glad they have stayed the "new same-same" lol.

They have also released some stuff post Theogonia after 2007 but I have not heard it.

Also this is super cool news
New Aborym on it's way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were just talking about industrial a page back. As far as industrial black metal goes there are really only two bands I prefer and Aborym is the best with DHG being second.

Here is some copy-pasta from Metalstorm.

Industrial black metal sorcerers Aborym are gearing up to release a new album three years after Psychogrotesque. Dirty, as it is called, will be a 10-track double album, which will be available in digipak, jewel case and gatefold double LP formats, is set for release on Agonia Records on May 28th in Europe and June 11th in North America.

Who said this year is going to suck????

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:46 AM Post #8,792 of 29,664
Quote:
Speaking of rock/metal releases I see that Metalsucks just gave the new Clutch release which comes out later in the month a rave review. I really liked Pure Rock Fury and and Blast Tyrant in partic....I'll probably check out this release...as I still have a side to me that digs flat out-hook ladden-kick axx rock music. And, on that front-I think Clutch usually really brings it....good old fashioned American rock band-kind of a dying breed in a way.

I only have one Clutch CD, Hive-somthing or other?. I tried to like them, I know they are highly regarded? Maybe I will like this new one?

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:47 AM Post #8,793 of 29,664
Quote:
Speaking of rock/metal releases I see that Metalsucks just gave the new Clutch release which comes out later in the month a rave review. I really liked Pure Rock Fury and and Blast Tyrant in partic....I'll probably check out this release...as I still have a side to me that digs flat out-hook ladden-kick axx rock music. And, on that front-I think Clutch usually really brings it....good old fashioned American rock band-kind of a dying breed in a way.

I only have one Clutch CD, Hive-somthing or other?. I tried to like them, I know they are highly regarded? Maybe I will like this new one?

Mar 8, 2013 at 7:52 AM Post #8,794 of 29,664
Quote:

Pure Rock Fury is amazing but it's literally the worst sounding CD I own. Strange Cousins From the West is the only album on par sound wise but it sits handily above the bar sound wise for most Rock or Metal. 11db it so dynamic range.

I'm going to give Blast Tyrant a shot on the LPs but have no faith. Really hoping Earth Rocker is produced the same was Strange Cousins was.

They the best of a dieing breed in that it's just pure unadulterated Rock n Roll.

Mar 8, 2013 at 12:12 PM Post #8,795 of 29,664
Yes it does. But I look at that like a complement.:D I remember getting the bonus DVD showing the band in the studio with the producer. I thought it was really cool to see them talking about guitar gear and watch the recording process take place. I am not as schooled about Rotting Christ as some here. I have a live DVD with them playing their old stuff live but that's it I have never even heard their 1st Grind-core album.

So what's wrong with a Theogonia 2? Actually I'm glad they have stayed the "new same-same" lol.

Absolutely nothing. I was just addressing that its NOT Theogonia....actually I like your description best, Theogonia Part Deux!

Definitely one of the better albums released so far.

I just discovered a CD that is absolutely AMAZING....might be my new favorite or on par with Vertikal....

Mar 8, 2013 at 4:30 PM Post #8,796 of 29,664

Soon, apparently. I'm excited about this one; Division is one of the few good prog metal bands making music right now.

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #8,797 of 29,664
Quote:

Yes it does. But I look at that like a complement.
biggrin.gif
I remember getting the bonus DVD showing the band in the studio with the producer. I thought it was really cool to see them talking about guitar gear and watch the recording process take place. I am not as schooled about Rotting Christ as some here. I have a live DVD with them playing their old stuff live but that's it I have never even heard their 1st Grind-core album.

They have also released some stuff post Theogonia after 2007 but I have not heard it.

Also this is super cool news
New Aborym on it's way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We were just talking about industrial a page back. As far as industrial black metal goes there are really only two bands I prefer and Aborym is the best with DHG being second.

Here is some copy-pasta from Metalstorm.

Industrial black metal sorcerers Aborym are gearing up to release a new album three years after Psychogrotesque. Dirty, as it is called, will be a 10-track double album, which will be available in digipak, jewel case and gatefold double LP formats, is set for release on Agonia Records on May 28th in Europe and June 11th in North America.

Who said this year is going to suck????

Hehehe!!! As soon as I made that comment, so many people replied with some really good recommendations. Thank you for that. I think this phase will pass. By the way does anyone find any similarities between the new Six Feed Under album and Devildriver. Not like an exact copy. You know what I mean..

Mar 8, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #8,798 of 29,664
Quote:

Hehehe!!! As soon as I made that comment, so many people replied with some really good recommendations. Thank you for that. I think this phase will pass. By the way does anyone find any similarities between the new Six Feed Under album and Devildriver. Not like an exact copy. You know what I mean..

Every year, just for a moment, I ask myself " This year is starting out slow?".
biggrin.gif

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #8,800 of 29,664
Quote:

Yeah, that was , Robot Hive.  I didn't like it as much as the BT and PRF. They've encorporated more keys and a bit more of a classic rock/blues sound IMO in their last two releases. I don't recallPRF &  BT production sounding crappy per a previous comment...I'll have to listen again. I'm hoping their new one returns to their previous rawk sound.

Mar 9, 2013 at 7:45 AM Post #8,801 of 29,664
Quote:

By the way does anyone find any similarities between the new Six Feed Under album and Devildriver. Not like an exact copy. You know what I mean..

They kinda are like Devildriver. The later Devildriver that is kinda groovy, non-abrasive, a little commercial and at a mainstream recording quality to boot! My little brother loves Six Feet Under but I could never get into em until the last album a year or two ago.

I do like the direction they are going in with the change-up of band members. I'm not a good reviewer of music though, because I like guitar sound soo much, if an album has good guitar and a guitar-centric production, then I'm in no matter what the rest of the sound is like.

Talking of Devildriver, it seems about time for them too to produce a new album? They have had regular out put the last couple of years. Still though, the first album really hit the nail on the head for them. It captured a hungry death-metal band with an underground sound. They are still cool, but have lost that dangerous edge and sound like they are recording songs for Guitar-Hero on the X-Box. lol I still like em though.
wink.gif

Mar 9, 2013 at 9:53 AM Post #8,802 of 29,664
http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/index.php?search_artist=clutch&search_album=

This kinda speaks for itself when it comes to how terrible their quality has been until recently. But strangely, it shot way up on Strange Cousins. 

There are 2s and 3s in PRF. Like I said, literally the worst sounding music I own production wise. Don't get me wrong, I love it, but it's grating to listen to on my rig.

Here's this as well.

PRF (ALAC Rip)

SCFTW (160kbs MP3, From the vinyl download card)

Quote:
Yeah, that was , Robot Hive.  I didn't like it as much as the BT and PRF. They've encorporated more keys and a bit more of a classic rock/blues sound IMO in their last two releases. I don't recallPRF &  BT production sounding crappy per a previous comment...I'll have to listen again. I'm hoping their new one returns to their previous rawk sound.

Mar 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM Post #8,803 of 29,664
Redcarmoose's list of why 2013 is going to be beechen beyond belief!!

First off I gota say that this new Rotting Christ album is really growing on me. Totally going on my best of year list.

So here is a list of potential great releases for 2013. Highlighted will most-likely be 7 of my best ten albums of 2013.

15.03    Torture Killer - Phobia
19.03    Jungle Rot - Terror Regime  There last album was their best so far so this release comes with expectations.
19.03    Clutch - Earth Rocker
19.03    Six Feet Under - Unborn
19.03    Anthrax - Anthems [EP]
22.03    Hypocrisy - End Of Disclosure We know this will be great.
25.03    Kvelertak - Meir
25.03    Finntroll - Blodsvept
26.03    Suicidal Tendencies - 13
········    Cathedral - The Last Spire
········    The Meads Of Asphodel - Sonderkommando
08.04    Shining (NOR) - One One One
19.04    Amorphis - Circle
23.04    Rob Zombie - Venomous Rat Regeneration Vendor
26.04    HIM - Tears On Tape
········    Deafheaven - Sunbather
14.05    Immolation - Kingdom Of Conspiracy One of my most antisipated releases of the year next to Vader
27.05    Dark Tranquillity - Construct Time will tell?
28.05    Aborym - Dirty Exciting
········    Megadeth - Super Collider What?
········    Ulver - Messe I.X-VI.X Does anyone even know what this will be like?
········    Black Sabbath - 13 Crazy, crazy, crazy just like Ozzy
········    The Black Dahlia Murder - Everblack This will rock guarenteed!
25.06    Deeds Of Flesh - Portals To Canaan This will be great!
········    Coffins - The Fleshland Time will tell?
········    Carcass - Surgical Steel What is this???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
········    Angel Dust - Tales From Ashes And Dust
········    Mortiis - The Great Deceiver
········    Quo Vadis - But Who Prays For Satan? [Tentative Title]
········    Twilight - Beneath The Trident's Tomb
········    Vader - Straight To Hell Yep, the album of the year. I know it!
········    Gorgoroth - Instinctus Bestalis I am dreaming?
········    Corpus Christii - PaleMoon
········    Tvangeste - Satori
········    Ulver - Live At Roadburn [Live]
········    Absu - Apsu
········    Toxic Holocaust - New Logo
········    Krieg - Transient
········    Krieg - New World Black Metal [Split] [EP]

Mar 9, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #8,805 of 29,664
Quote:

Well, lol I'm just hoping we will finally get something good. The last album was a dance remix so it doesn't count. But you are right Hell-BillyDeluxe 2 (2010) was so boring you couldn't even play it all the way through.

I'm sure Devin's album will be good. idno I was listening to Zoid and decided I had had enough of Devin's work. He really is so full of himself and all!
wink.gif

Katatonia is not a band I listen to all the time. I did really like their last release. But in the end they are just not my style. I know you love em though. Monolith IV and Heavonwood I'm not up on either but I'll have to check em out now that you pointed out the stuff I missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back