Lets Talk Metal
Oct 24, 2012 at 12:23 AM Post #7,336 of 29,663
Quote:

Not harsh, just off base.  Not sure what it was retribution for, but sure, what ever floats your boat, bud.

I don't really care who's in Boring Earth, it's more new jack nonsense that I'll never care about, like most of the stuff in this thread, which is usually why I keep my mouth shut about what everyone else posts.  I simply post some older bands in a vein attempt to make people interested in the old bands that I grew up listening to, that I still find to be the pinnacle of what metal has to offer.

putting nonsense behind me, here's some Overkill.

Wow.....I don't remember that song sounding so good. I found out about Overkill back in 2000 while looking for used metal CDs in Lancaster California of all places. My brother who is a total thrash head likes em a little but I bet he would love this classic song if he heard it. It seems later they added an almost electronic sound to their mid and late 1990s output. I still totally dig 1999s Necroshine and play the CD a couple times a year.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:33 AM Post #7,337 of 29,663
Their first 4 albums are killer.  One of my all time favorites, got into them because of Head Bangers Ball in the early 90's, oh how I miss that show...

Here's another from that album.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #7,338 of 29,663

My favorite drog song after the classic Sweet Leaf.

Oct 24, 2012 at 4:56 AM Post #7,339 of 29,663
I am thinking about upgrading my Hifiman RE0 IEM. Which one would you guys prefer? I am having a hard time picking between these:

- Vsonic GR07
- Vsonic GR01
- Sony EX600
- Fischer Audio DBA-02 MKII
- Hifiman RE262

You know my genres of preference. :wink: Oh! Listening to a lot of Current 93 lately! 

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:21 AM Post #7,341 of 29,663
Quote:
Can somebody recommend me some good progresive metal? And maybe put in on dropbox
biggrin.gif

Opeth (everything but their last album)
Amorphis (their later releases starting with Eclipse)
Barren Earth (all their 2 albums)

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #7,344 of 29,663
Quote:
I know it's a lot to ask, but could somebody put an album on dropbox and pm me the link? I'll give you some porcupine tree or something else in return if you want
smily_headphones1.gif

No one is going to share a stolen album with you here. The mods will banhammer the entire thread to bits. Furthermore, there are some professional musicians in this thread whose income relies on album sales. It's just not done here. Etiquette, if you will. 

If you must have an album right now, there are a lot of file sharing options out there for you to leech dry to your heart's content. :)

Oct 24, 2012 at 10:53 AM Post #7,345 of 29,663
Nah, i buy all my albums so i don't download illegal, i'd just like to test the album, if i like it i'll buy it if i don't, i delete it :) but you're going to the meet so bring some prog metal for me to demo :)

Oct 24, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #7,346 of 29,663
Just hop on youtube. You can listen to pretty much anything on there.

Oct 24, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #7,347 of 29,663
Quote:
- Gordian Knot
- Ihsahn 

Killer bands. Ihsahn is particularly killer.

Edit: you can also check out Leprous, Will. Ihsahn uses them for his touring band and they have some good prog metal albums.

Oct 24, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #7,348 of 29,663
Quote:
Can somebody recommend me some good progresive metal? And maybe put in on dropbox
biggrin.gif

To add to the above...

Seventh Wonder
Ne Obliviscaris (Sort of a prog/death/black blend)
Sieges Even
Symphony X
DEVIN TOWNSEND
Psychotic Waltz
Liquid Tension Experiment
Dream Theater (I'm sure you've heard of it already)
Katatonia
Ana Kefr (Prog death)
Ayreon (The Human Equation)

Oct 24, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #7,350 of 29,663
Quote:
If you don't like classification, then just call it all "music", actually no, just call it "sound" as calling it music creates too many sub-genres of sound.  Furthermore, just call it senses, that way we're not trying to over analyze the things we perceive, since sight, touch, smell, hearing, and taste are all the same thing, just our brains interpretations of electrical impulses.  So yes, Metallica is a sense.

Moving forward.

One of my favorite New York Slam Brutal Death Metal bands, Repudilation!

I said I dislike excessive classification, not ALL classification.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back