Lets Talk Metal
Aug 4, 2012 at 3:21 AM Post #6,691 of 29,663
Quote:

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the music, but that's kind of the appeal... It's a really raw distorted sound, and I find it interesting as long as I'm not wearing revealing headphones.

I think that's a bit comparable to a painting someone has ripped a huge hole on the canvas. It's technically not really a proper by-the-rules painting but someone might still enjoy it. (I'm not familiar with the music. But in my opinion it's better and propably harder to try to achieve the goal of raw sound by other measures than the ones used on that song. Same goes for painting punchers.)

Aug 4, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #6,692 of 29,663
Quote:

I'm not sure if you're familiar with the music, but that's kind of the appeal... It's a really raw distorted sound, and I find it interesting as long as I'm not wearing revealing headphones.

I should start a band called Uncle Dave's Headache Machine, and I'll just play a bunch of fixed frequency tones all pushed into the red. Maybe I'll be the next Skrillex.

Aug 4, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #6,693 of 29,663
Dave, you take this stuff too seriously. 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 4, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #6,695 of 29,663

I have heard this song before, somewhere .......... 
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 5, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #6,697 of 29,663
Quote:
Anyone checked out Be'Lakor's "Of Breath and Bone" and In Mourning's "The Weight of Oceans?" Probably some of the best Melodic Death Metal albums to come out this year. 

Yup. I wasn't too impressed with Be'Lakor, but I need to give it a second listen. In Mourning's had some great catchy parts.

Aug 5, 2012 at 2:57 AM Post #6,698 of 29,663
In my quest to find Opethian metal I found this, quite interesting:

Aug 5, 2012 at 7:44 AM Post #6,699 of 29,663
Anyone checked out Be'Lakor's "Of Breath and Bone" and In Mourning's "The Weight of Oceans?" Probably some of the best Melodic Death Metal albums to come out this year. 

Yes. First one is the best melo death of the year IMO. Second one was very disappointing on several levels.

Aug 5, 2012 at 10:45 AM Post #6,702 of 29,663
Quote:
So MaZa, that Smoke track was fantastic. Dare I say a bit Bolt Thrower-ish. The band split up but the two creative talents behind it formed Desecresy. Did you know that? Did you know have a new release this year and its wicked:

Yeah I know. When Slugathor split up it was a sad day to me. I love every single song they have put out. Though I am still undecided Desecrecy, it hasnt grown on me yet. *edit* First time hearing this particular Desecresy song, and its actually quite good!

More finnish oldschool Death Metal, this time a local small band.

Aug 5, 2012 at 3:25 PM Post #6,705 of 29,663
On the topic of eclectic death/doom, I thought Swallow the Sun's release this year was ahead of both of those albums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back