Lets Talk Metal
Aug 30, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #4,066 of 29,701

Quote:
There is so much poop in my pants right now from there being a new Insomnium album. I'm literally rocketing out of my chair with poos right now, doesn't matter if production is crap, it's still another Insom album and still way more headbanging to come

I'm right there with you, just without the poo. 

Aug 30, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #4,067 of 29,701
Trogdor, have you checked out Beyond Creation's "The Aura"? they are an incredible tech band, a lot like Obscura but honestly The Aura is much better than Omnivarum, which I really didn't like (cosmogenesis was way better). They also use a fretless bass and it is mindblowing to say the least. It's probably my favorite album of the year to be honest

I owe you one Ikelmonster. The Aura IS much better than Omnivarum. The defense submits the following as Exhibit "Darks and Brutals:"

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MzAnRLfZOY[/VIDEO]

Aug 30, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #4,068 of 29,701
Quote:

Haha I'm glad you agree! Happy to show this awesome band to more people. Coexistance is a great, great song, but the final track "The Deported" is my favorite, its so epic it gives me goosebumps every time i hear the progression that starts the song. The fretless bass just adds butter on top of everything. Only downside to the album as I see it is that the guitarist should of shreaded some more riffs throughout the album...oh well, always their next time :)

Aug 30, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #4,069 of 29,701
Photo or it didn't happen! And imagine what would happen to you if you actually heard a good album! :wink: 

BME 1 Rest of the World 0

Negakinu, have you checked out Ygg?

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R0M5hRynpA[/VIDEO]

Great song, not too surprising coming from the members of Nokturnal Mortum though
I can't stop listening to this song, its like the perfect metal song :p
[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUJZHQz3In8[/VIDEO]

Aug 30, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #4,070 of 29,701
Great song, not too surprising coming from the members of Nokturnal Mortum though
I can't stop listening to this song, its like the perfect metal song :p

Awesome song. I maybe a closet BME. Look out.

EDIT: Wow, Nokturnal Mortum is a great band. Holy cow!

Btw, these guys are just SO awesome on so many levels:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FmROREawxY[/VIDEO]

Aug 30, 2011 at 7:49 PM Post #4,071 of 29,701
Awesome song. I maybe a closet BME. Look out.

EDIT: Wow, Nokturnal Mortum is a great band. Holy cow!

Btw, these guys are just SO awesome on so many levels:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FmROREawxY[/VIDEO]

It sounds much better off of youtube, even the crappy MP3 rip I got is great.

I'm loving that Dekadent song, a bit out of my black/doom comfort zone, but its great. :D

Aug 31, 2011 at 2:39 AM Post #4,073 of 29,701
Aug 31, 2011 at 3:43 AM Post #4,074 of 29,701

Quote:
Metallica is massively overrated.

Not to mention mainstream.

Yuck. 

I only ever really listen to MOP anymore. The two albums that flank it are decent, but I'm beyond tired of both of them. I would like Justice if somebody could manage to actually produce a good sounding version of it. Making the bass audible in the Justice for Jason fan mixes is a start, but the rest of the instruments still sound like dog crap, particularly Lars' drums which sound like he his hitting a big piece of plastic with a wooden ruler.

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #4,075 of 29,701
I only ever really listen to MOP anymore. The two albums that flank it are decent, but I'm beyond tired of both of them. I would like Justice if somebody could manage to actually produce a good sounding version of it. Making the bass audible in the Justice for Jason fan mixes is a start, but the rest of the instruments still sound like dog crap, particularly Lars' drums which sound like he his hitting a big piece of plastic with a wooden ruler.

Kill, Ride, Puppets and Justice are all classics.

Black is a good release but a bit too mainstream for most. C'est la vie.

Everything after is total garbage (though I did see them perform King Nothing iive at Continental Area (now IZOD) which is a decent song in my opinion).

I can't stand Metallica. I can't even listen to it anymore. I bought Death Magnetic on a whim (it was 10 bucks), it did nothing for me.

And yes, Metallica and Megadeth were my two favorite bands in high school. We used to go to the pool hall and play Orion on the jukebox continuously. Those were the days.

Aug 31, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #4,076 of 29,701

Quote:
And yes, Metallica and Megadeth were my two favorite bands in high school. We used to go to the pool hall and play Orion on the jukebox continuously. Those were the days.

Lol, I know exactly what you mean. When I first got into metal I thought Orion was the greatest song ever recorded. MOP doesn't have the greatest production either, but the Pbthal needle drop and the Steve Hoffman DCC release are not too bad. The eight HUNDRED dollar asking price on eBay for Steve's personal promo copy is a bit steep, however. I think I paid $25 or so for mine at Circuit City. Unfortunately there's no saving Justice. The original double LP, the '95 remaster, the '06 Japanese re-release, the '08 45rpm MFSL vinyl, and last year's Japanese SHM-CD - all terrible.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the black album. Part of the problem is that Enter Sandman got so much overplay that I just can't stand it, I literally hate that song now, and I was never much of a fan of Unforgiven or Nothing Else Matters. To me those always smelled the worst like Bob Rock trying to appeal to a mainstream audience. The rest of the album isn't terrible, it's just a bit too commercial. I do kind of like Struggle Within, but I don't like how Kirk basically gave up trying to do anything even remotely complicated, and basically just stuck to lazy wah solos, even on that song which is the album's fastest and most aggressive. Justice was the last time that Kirk demonstrated that he knows how to play the guitar.

Aug 31, 2011 at 8:46 AM Post #4,079 of 29,701

Quote:
Lol, I know exactly what you mean. When I first got into metal I thought Orion was the greatest song ever recorded. MOP doesn't have the greatest production either, but the Pbthal needle drop and the Steve Hoffman DCC release are not too bad. The eight HUNDRED dollar asking price on eBay for Steve's personal promo copy is a bit steep, however. I think I paid $25 or so for mine at Circuit City. Unfortunately there's no saving Justice. The original double LP, the '95 remaster, the '06 Japanese re-release, the '08 45rpm MFSL vinyl, and last year's Japanese SHM-CD - all terrible.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the black album. Part of the problem is that Enter Sandman got so much overplay that I just can't stand it, I literally hate that song now, and I was never much of a fan of Unforgiven or Nothing Else Matters. To me those always smelled the worst like Bob Rock trying to appeal to a mainstream audience. The rest of the album isn't terrible, it's just a bit too commercial. I do kind of like Struggle Within, but I don't like how Kirk basically gave up trying to do anything even remotely complicated, and basically just stuck to lazy wah solos, even on that song which is the album's fastest and most aggressive. Justice was the last time that Kirk demonstrated that he knows how to play the guitar.

I remember pulling out my original LP of Justice For All and it really didn't sound that good! It is kind of compressed and has a cool but non audiophile rough sound. I obtained the vinyl 2008 rerelease of Justice and still the same sound, so I guess you are right, no saving it. I purchased the 45rpm remasters of Ride The Lightning and the 33.3 rpm and 45 rpm of Master Of Puppets and they sounded ok. I don't know if I have the Original Master Of Puppets from the month it came out? I think I may. There is a mp3 download of Metal Up Your Azz/ the Killem All that has been remastered and sounds like a million dollars to me. I play it all the time. It sounds fantastic. I wonder if that is also the remastered CD release and the 2008 vinyl release I have not heard.

The 2008 Black Album vinyl rerelease sounds wonderful but I still don't know how good it is as only having the CD from when it came out. I also have the DVD audio 5.1 mix of the Black album which I still need to down mix to two channel as a comparison to the original CD. What can you say the Black album has great SQ. The original vinyl must sound amazing! I never purchased the 2009 45rpm of the Black album but the 33.3 is great and I can live with it.

Aug 31, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #4,080 of 29,701
Too bad they're NSBM, if you mind that sort of thing. Trogdor, you could try Drudkh's "Blood in our Wells" or Temnozor as well, now that you are a BME. :)

Awwwwe **** it. I just deleted all their music from my disk. I downloaded it to listen and maybe purchase things I like. If they are NSBM I won't even entertain it, I don't care how talented they are. Its disgusting. Is Ygg different?

Will check out Drudkh and Temnozor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back